All reviews jin sha chinese restaurant grand premier room outdoor pool beautiful hotel treatment rooms are west lake private garden traditional architecture water features steam room dim sum the entire staff bullet train concierge desk the entire hotel sitting area
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We spent one night at this hotel in early August as a quick getaway. The staff at this hotel are amazing. They go out of their way to help make you feel at home. We had an outstanding dinner at their Chinese restaurant, again with outstanding service. The only area for improvement is the pool. It was very hot, so perhaps that explains the complete lack of service at the pool. The pool desk was not attended, and there was no way to get some cold drinks or refreshments at the pool. Despite that minor inconvenience, I would definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 19 August 2017

Dear Jim L,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake via Tripadvisor!
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed our Chinese Restaurant and our staff go out their way to make you feel at home.
I have personally reviewed your comment with our pool team, in an effort to ensure that we better manage services at the pool deck moving forward. Please know that we take your feedback seriously, and your comments have not fallen on deaf ears.
Look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The staff and service team were exceptional. Congratulations to the hotel manager and his team. Well done! Setting and room design / decor was beautiful. Sleep experience was very peaceful. Dining experience (private dining room) was also quite special.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Management response:Responded 12 August 2017

Dear G3944GOmichaelp,
Thank you for sharing your insight of your stay with Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake via Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to learn that you have a exceptional experience from our staff and service team. Whatever success we achieve in meeting the needs of our guests is entirely due to the dedication and commitment of our people. As you can imagine, it is very rewarding for all of us to receive such positive feedback.
Look forward welcoming you back in the close future.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We went there with parents and our son.

The hotel was beautiful and comfortable , staff were very attentive and thoughtful:
The location is absolutely ideal, hotel is stylish and the rooms are generous and comfortable. I received a pregnancy pillow, and my husband received his first rose peddle birthday wish LOL.

The staff also seem very personal, they greet you with your name, which is a nice touch. We also really enjoyed the limousine service, the driver was really polite.

Breakfast had good amount of choices, true continental.

After we checked out, we realised that some of our items, including cash were left in the safe. We contacted the hotel, the staff ended up sorting it out without much drama at all.

Definitely outstanding services they have provided compare to most five stars we have stayed in worldwide.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 August 2017

Dear Natalie K,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake via Tripadvisor.
I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed hotel services and little touches that we tried to make your stay more comfortable. I am glad that our staff help sorted out some of your items and cash that you left in our safe without much issue.
Look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The checkin was smooth while there was no personal welcome. The room we booked has a small garden on the first fool while the view was very limited inside the garden and generally the details were very dirty and lack of maintenance. We deeply regret choosing this kind of room, in the night you have to lower all the curtains since people can see you easily from outside, the privacy was not properly protected in this kind of room.

Stayed: June 2017
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Dear TimGiotia_Ren,

Thank you for taking time to share your precious review via Tripadvisor!
I was sorry to learn that our staff didn't personalize your check in experience and you noticed our garden needed further maintenance. These are very concerning and I have reviewed it with our Front Office Manager and Landscape team to take immediate action for improvement. I am very sorry that we fell short of the mark.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

I have stayed in Hangzhou many times and have never experience the finest at the Four Seasons. The staff was VERY attentive when my flight was delayed for 7 hours. Throughout the night the concierge continued to track my flight and the driver met me at the airport with perfect timing. This enabled me to make my meeting which was crucial to a successful trip. The bar/restaurant is managed by an excellent staff and the breakfast has a tremendous assortment of Chinese/World foods including fresh pastries. The manager is very accommodating and friendly...

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons
Management response:Responded 29 July 2017

Dear Patrick G,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake via Tripadvisor!
I was delighted to learn that our concierge team make perfect arrangement of your arrival experience and our international breakfast buffet suits your taste.
We look forward welcoming you back to Hangzhou in the short future.