Sunda Gentleman International Hotel
US$116
US$1,263
US$487
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Ok, to start with, ladies ARE allowed! The hotel was comfortable. The bar was not open on either night we were there so we had to go along to the next hotel where the bar was very good. The breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Clean and comfortable. I would stay here again. A good nights rest and a clean bathroom and really nice shower - what more could a tired traveler ask for. Breakfast was satisfactory and made for a good start to the day. Staff were friendly and very helpful. I found the area to be safe and pleasant to walk around by myself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was chosen by our tour company and was adequate for our needs. Room is fine a little dated but clean and tidy. Bed was firm but we could sleep perfectly ok. Breakfast was limited, never hot, and juice was not the really deal, but ok to start the day. On a tour you really hardly see the room as you are whisked off early and return late. But it had what we needed and was pretty near to shops and restaurants so handy for convenience items.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I'd perhaps rate it as excellent if I knew the room price, but we were part of a tour that covered that so don't know. My father and I stayed here two nights. Service was good, common areas and restaurant were suitable too. The hallways to the rooms are somewhat narrow and winding, not the easiest to navigate with luggage. The room was very well equipped and in good condition. Nice, contemporary bathroom; really good shower. All television channels are Chinese language, so if you don't speak the language, have other things to do like reading or games with you brought with you. We were there as tourists, but the room had a nice desk area and broadband internet from what I understood, although I didn't use it.

The area around the hotel seemed safe after dark. It is relatively close to the Xian city wall, good place to walk from to all things inside the walls.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CaneRidgeJohnny
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel just for one night as members of a conducted group tour and the stay was a great experience. The room we were allotted was BIG, really big. Beds were proportionately big and very comfortable too. The room had a separate 'work' annexe with partition, equipped with a writing table and chair, where one could work without disturbing the partner. The room also had a comfortable settee to relax. What a wonder, the TV had CNN and BBC channels. This was a pleasant surprise as most hotels in China only show Chinese channels. That is how we could get some news about outside world after 3 'new-sless' days in China.

The bathroom had a nice and clean glass partition for full view of the room. Thankfully, it had a curtain too that could be drawn for privacy. The buffet breakfast was good and had good and wide selection and the staff at the restaurant was helpful and polite. In my entire China tour spanning some 9 days, this is the only place where I had a satisfying omelette prepared for me. The ambience of the restaurant too was very pleasing.

The hotel, situated on Lian Hu road is just a walking distance from the outer wall of old Xian. Beyond the wall is a park where one can find many interesting gadgets to do work out for free. In the morning one can see many Chinese, especially elderly, doing their work outs and Tai Chi exercises in this park.

On a slight negative note: Towels in our bathroom smelled of tobacco smoke.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker or hate tobacco smoke then do insist on non smoking room ONLY.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends