All reviews marble floors huge lobby business trip language barrier western breakfast wonderful hotel air conditioning chinese food luxury guests ornaments candelabra china taxis lake rates sheets
Reviewed 14 February 2016

Overall, this hotel is beautiful and has comfy rooms. Only things I didnt like were that they charge a 40RMB per day tax, I've never heard of this "tax" and i regularly travel round china. Also, DO NOT TAKE THE TAXIS OUTSIDE!!!!!! They all work for commission and will take you somewhere you don't wanna go and force you to buy tickets. My advice, if you speak good enough chinese, they will usually take you close to the place for free or 5 rmb as they get commission and then just go elsewhere once there and find a cheaper price. For example, Reed flute cave was free for us to go to as he got a commission or avoid it all together and go to the main road. Also, WIFI is incredibly slow

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Walking in to the lobby, my mind blown away with the GRAND design of the huge lobby, feel like a Diamond class of hotel. Yet the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful.

I was so shock and surprise when entering the room, breathtaking gorgeous . Spectaculars European design of all furniture, huge spaces and luxury. Oversize king bed with so comfortable pillows, super clean and cozy, I grab my camera immediately and take a shoot right away. The see thru bath room make the ambient more excited. Enjoy the strong signal of WiFi, no need to connect each time because it automatically connected. My room was looking to the hills , in afternoon we can enjoy coffee at balcony enjoying thespectaculars mountains views.

Shower room also super fancy, bathtub is separated from shower room and restroom also separate from the shower room, now can you imagine how big is the room. All furniture are European style and fancy , amenities was unique. I love this hotel so much feel don't want to leave the room.

Breakfast is outstanding , many varieties and delicious, the room rate is included breakfast, again the staff are very warm and friendly, and design of the lounge is amazingly gorgeous. Surrounded by varies of ancient plants and precious flowers.

Compare to the rate, Grand Bravo Guilin really pamper their guests. Definitely will be back and strongly recommend for all kinds of of travelers.

I like to share my impression to Jessy who works very hard to assist me with my ticket problem, thank you so much Jessy, because of your assistance I can fly to Beijing on time. And to Stephanie Pan , all front desk staff, and concierge all are very nice and very welcome .

I believe Grand Bravo GM did a great job for all staffs and effect well to the guest. Thank you for being in the industry.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Grand Bravo hotel may not be in the the centre of town, however it boast some amazing views if you request balcony rooms and/or rooms with a view. it is a well kept modern hotel with all creature comforts. the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. the breakfast buffet is generous and hearty. the indoor pool gym and sauna can be used for a small fee.

Room Tip: balcony rooms
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2015

first of all, Ive never given a 5star rating on any of the 50+hotels we've stayed and reviewed. 5 star means to me that it is PERFECT in every single sense of the word and i will try to find anything wrong about the hotel to avoid giving it a 5 star.

I usually avoid staying in high end hotels and prefer the mom and dad "boutique" hotels. I considered this hotel during the time of booking based on the rate and its location, away from the center of Guilin (noise, crowds, and honking).

You know when youve arrived because the building is massive on the outside but maintained its chinese architectural elements). when you enter the lobby, youll be blown away by its 3 massive glass chandelier.Youll have to ask yourselves whether your in Las Vegas or in an ultra luxurious hotel in Monte Carlo?!! They had a Christmas tree with an incredible 2 taxidermy deers! Evey night when get back, we saw a lot of people that literally just visit the hotel to eat dinner and take photos of their family in front of the Christmas tree.

We've travelled for a month in China and language barrier was our biggest problem yes we even speak basic mandarin when situation becomes desperate). I will say that they have the best english speaking staff (not only front desk receptionist). Steve, was a "trainee" who was working either outside, at time at lobby and time on the receptionist spoke excellent english even without a chinese accent. He will make you feel as a friend than a guest.

the restaurant which offers breakfast buffet every morning was the best! we were the only foreigners for 4days but they had the biggest variety of western breakfast menu. wanted to try chinese breakfast? they have that too of course but at a high quality. Weve tried other chinese breakfast from other high end hotels in china and they were terrible. chinese people, in general, just want to fill up their stomach without regard of quality but this hotel obviously is aiming for the highest standard and excellent hotel experience! im fascinated that each time we ate for breakfast there was a chinese lady that greets us at the door and another chinese woman that asks your room number! when we ate, there seems to be a waitress that just waits on the side if we needed anything (like a personal butler)!

About the rooms, when you open the door, your eye will suddenly be drawn to bath tub with gold claw feet that opens up to the bedroom! Our room was standard but made us think there was something wrong with our reservation and afraid they might surprise you when the bill come with a massive surprise! you can close the bath tub view for privacy using the remote control curtain! the toilet has phone.

the pool was massive but it was empty during our stay since they were seating up a stage (for an event). i didnt know they have another pool (indoor with jacuzzi). most expensive hotels weve stayed in china did not even have a pool but this one has both indoor and outdoor pool!!!

the hotel even has their own travel agency that was available to book tours to yangshuo, cruise, etc..that was open 24hours!!!

the gounds are filled with beautiful tropical landscape, beautiful luxurious ornaments. the hotel's facade faces the river and compliments it with a water fall but most guests will not notice this because youll have to go to the other side of the river and enjoy view (not from the property of the hotel).

wifi was effortlessl and fast!

whats the bad? the chinese people/ guests that smoke inside the interior of the hotel. its clearly non- smoking but the hotel staff do NOT reinforce this rule. I understand they dont want to say anything negative to their guests/ clients. Also chinese people (mostly men) unconsciously spit everywhere! even in the airplane, best museums etc...

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drgreenthumb2
Reviewed 17 December 2015

we stayed there for 3 nights and it was so great. Food is great with local choices besides the normal breakfast. Location is good - not really in downtown but 10 minutes taxi from hotel. The best thing is the hotel has there own taxis to be booked! Service is great. You could never get anything better with this price in any where in the world. Not to mention the beautiful room with very well facilitate bath rooms.

All in all, good one. Will definitely stay there next time in Guilin.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple