All reviewsmetro stationnice hotelasian and western foodusual hotelfifth floorbuffet breakfaststar hotelyogurtbaiyun airportconvenient locationfree shuttlespacious roomchangganggymcantonwalmarthaizhu
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Is not a new hotel neither too old. Room condition is not a wonder type. Sufficient for short term stay. Spacious room.

Hotel is located near shopping mall and places for food are nearby too. McD and *Buck coffee are nearby too.

Week wifi/internet in rooms. Lobby is the best spot for net surfing.

Breakfast isn't variety enough. But the quantity of food is much.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I was traveler by myself on new year period,
!: Approach to counter check in, Staff no greeting and not good friendly at all.
2: I passed all my information to check in staff and his asked me which website i booked from. I respond Agoda.com. his felf like upset.
3: After check in room in 22 floor, I really upset and disappointed. the room is dust and smelly bad. so unbelievable and cant imaged.
4: Toilet seat is broke and try to contact operator, also found the phone is out of service.
5: I have to ran down and requested to change a room, staff want me get back to room and discuss with a manager.
6. After 20min, One of Bell boy knocked out door and send down to upgrade club flor.
7: First thing i have to clarify, staff checked in me in bad room because I booked on Agoda ?

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Janz0119
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Cozy room in a perfect location walking distance to the subway station which is very accessible to lots of places. And don't have to worry about being hungry or nowhere to shop as the the hotel is located in a busy street full of foods and shops. And rooms come with free wifi as well. No access to Facebook/Google/twitter(In case you do not know China does not allow access to this apps). Overall I'm feeling pretty good here. Highly recommended!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I have waited almost a week to write this review to ensure much of the residual emotion has dissipated (at least to a marginally objective level). We were booked into this hotel for 4 nights so I could attend a conference and an associated field trip. Our first experience was that the hotel had only booked us in for 3 nights. The reception staff argued this was correct despite the explicit contents of our itinerary, our guides itinerary and - eventually - their own records! We were ushered off to a room on, what discovered, was a smoking floor. I don't know what was worse, the residual odour of the tobacco or the smell of the air freshener - it was gagging. In fact, the air freshener smell is everywhere - it is very unpleasant. We asked to be moved to another room ( as well as the smell the carpet was dirty and worn) which did not occur until the next day. The new room smelled better although the bed was a hard as a rock and, again, the carpet needs to be replaced. There was a hole in the wall in the corridor with white cable coming out. Breakfast was quite the experience - there was quite a bit of food but it always looked like it had been sitting for a while. Even toast and jam was an adventure and the coffee was not the best either.
As I had to prepare for the conference we ordered meals from the hotel so I didn't have to go too far. We ordered dinner one night and it didn't come for an hour. We called and still it didn't come. Finally, after another hour and several phone calls to room service and reception, we were brought (I kid you not) a mug of warm milk. The language barrier was an issue but we eventually managed to understand that "there was no money". We went to reception and discovered that they had been deducting from the security deposit (paid by credit card) and, as the authorised sum had been used up, we could not get any more food! Sorry, I travel internationally all the time and have done for many years. I have NEVER experienced anything like this. We had to pay additional monies on our security deposit before we could eat (it was very late by then or we just would have gone out).
The next day I had to print my paper - at a cost of over 1400 yuan. The young woman in the business centre was one of the few (only) positive experiences from our time at the Rosedale. Thinking I had better pay straight away after the previous night's experience, I went to Reception. The manager from the previous night was there and, when he saw me coming, tried to scurry out the back! The poor girl left on reception could not understand any English at all so he had to come back. It was really silly. Anyway, I could go on...and on...but we were just glad to leave. Even that didn't go smoothly as I was accused of stealing the hairdryer! I told the manager I had not used the hairdryer and it became a bit unpleasant. Finally the hairdryer was found in the room - obviously it had been there the whole time as I had not touched it - and we could leave. It was dreadful and, to my mind, quite outrageous to accuse a guest at Reception of theft. In a nutshell, this was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. I usually take the view that if you cannot say something positive say nothing but this was too awful to keep quiet about. Suffice to say we were very, very disappointed with our accommodation, the lack of customer service and the rudeness of most of the staff we enountered. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Eileen W
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

This hotel was not that bad it was fine however i would recommend checking hotel in front of this hotel, try Vertical City. There's a metro station under the hotel, few food selection nearby. There's a famour restaurant called Guangzhou Restaurant in front of the hotel in sunning plaza.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family