See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Caution: Only go to this hotel if you are indonesian!

So we booked this hotel before reading any reviews, therefore were stuck with them.
We travelled from mecca to medina. In mecca we were in a good 5 star hotel, going to a 4 star we did not think it would be too bad.

We booked two suites thinking that both suite would have a living area and two bathrooms. NO it didnt. The suite that we booked was literally a tiny corridor, two basic rooms with tiny single beds and one bathroom.
There were 7 of us in each suite, and to think of the bathroom issues that we came across was just a awful. The rooms were tacky, stains on the carpet, walls. The moment i stepped in i was just like urgh. The bathroom was old but bearable but with 7 of us taking a shower we had a clogged shower. This they didnt clean until we told them to. And when someone did come to clean it he was having a go, and then we had a go at him, like this is what you will expect when 7 people are sharing a bathroom!

The room service is awful and the staff are stingy. 7 people and they only gave us one toilet roll per day. Even when asked they wouldn't give it! We ended up going to a local supermarket and getting our own. The room service only ran between 9-7. This was also a problem, because they wont pick up the phone when we called maintenance or reception. We had to call maintenance because one of the nights the lights went out and all electricity was shut. also the time they would come to clean our rooms was pathetic, like 2pm mid day. Really?!

We booked breakfast as part of our deal, thinking it would be a good buffet. Again WRONG. Like i said only go to this hotel if your indonesian. They only cater for them. Literally the breakfast was awful, they had scrambled eggs that look like puke, the bread took forever to toast. I didnt even bother looking at anything else as it made me sick. My brother found fungus on some of the cucumber, clearly not fresh, The juice was squash again urgh. For the 5-6 days that we were there, we only went there for two days. First day they ask our room number and let us in, next day we tell them our room number and they were like you have to pay 30 riyals per person, we were confused like weve already paid. Then when we told them our other room they let us in.

Also the lifts are a problem. They have four on both sides of the building, always a queue. Takes forever for them to get down and they only carry a maximum of 6 people. Not being rude but people would push past you to get on and literally when it said overloaded they wont get off. Again awful.

The people next to us, were smoking in their room with their door opened and the smell would come into our room. Literally had to go complain to reception who again didnt understand english very well.He was also very dead, and by this I mean he did not react or ensure us that he would deal with the problem.

Overall an awful experience at the hotel, medina on its own was great but i guess it could have been better in a better hotel

Room Tip: dont book this hotel, EVER
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank summayya999
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Me and my wife travelled to Medinah and what we both thought would be a decent 4 star hotel as mentioned by our agency. we weren't expected the red carpet but a decent room and service. when we checked in we were taken to our room the room was still being made and it was meant to be a double room but was in fact 2 single beds put together. the carpet was dirty and bathroom was filthy. when we asked for more towels they were more filthy than the ones that were in the room already so we used our own. The cleaners of the hotel were very nice and helpful they can only do things with what they have but the actual suadia arabian staff memeber were so rude its unbelievable. when i was talking to the staff member at reception he was on his phone whilst talking to me and didnt even understand what i was saying so called someone else who again had no clue what i was saying then another person was called and thank Allah he knew decent english. i was not even allowed to use the hotel phone to call a cab to take me and my wife to the airport. only positive is that this hotel is a 2 minute walk to gate 15 of the Mosque. Also we had no wifi in our room so we had to go next to the life all the time when we wanted to use our phones to contact our families in London.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Came from Mecca and stayed for 3 nights before leaving back to Kuala Lumpur. 2 complaints:
1. Medina was already so chilly at 13-14 degree, yet the hotel centralized air cond was on the whole time instead of a heater! Sometimes staying outdoor was warmer than inside

2. Buffets. I won’t comment on the food. But cutleries always ran out. And when they were replaced, they’re still greasy with food stain eww. Seriously.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shanacats
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We had a horrendous stay at Al Eiman Al Taibah for one night (16th July night), a booking made through booking.com

When we checked in, we found the room allotted to us on a floor where painting was being done with full odor of thinner and varnish, which could trigger asthama attack. Besides, the floor had a foul smell. When I requested to change the room, I was given another choice on third floor by one of the duty managers with a stern note, either take it or leave it. He repeated the same to the receptionist. God damn it, I had paid in advance for the room and they were not offering me the room in charity or putting it in my begging bowl. As we were all tired after a long journey and wanted to focus time on prayers I accepted the second room (although, there was painting going on there too). My elderly mother suffered due to the smell as she is allergic to thinner and paints. When you were having maintenance, why did the hotel list those rooms? Just to take money from the gullible customers?

The size of the room was too small to move around and open cabinets. When we had booked the quadruple room, the size was shown as 30 square meter. The room size was barely half of that size (maximum 2.25 mtrs x 7. mtrs). yes, there was a qiblah (prayer) direction and my kids joked, where to stand and pray as there was hardly any space between the four dumped beds.

The telephone system was not working and despite requesting the reception who informed someone to check and replace, that remained dead for the whole stay.
The AC system was too weak and the room temperature remained at 27 C. and there was no point in complaining at the fag end of the night.

The electronic safe never worked and since there was no telephone, it was too difficult to run from one end to another to ask them to check.

There was a kettle to heat up water for tea; but, no electrical outlet to plug power cable; so we put the kettle on bed to heat up water. When asked to have cups for tea, we were advised they did not have cups to give and that too after we were made to run to 2-3 places.

About the service the less said the better. Absolutely, no respect and no trace of hospitality. I do not wish to write about hospitality in Madina which is famous for it.

When we wrote to booking.com they just played cut and paste diplomacy and shrugged off their hands stating that the responsibility lies with the hotel and the are only facilitator. They were offering a pittance of 30 SR which was like adding salt to our wounds

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SafiJannaty
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I can see the availability of parking slots is the main advantage of the hotel. It is close to impossible to find parking slot in this overcrowd area beside all hotels This is free service which is amazing
The hotel is clean, well organized. I didn't try the hotel food but restaurant looks nice

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family