All reviewsroom was spaciousmasjid nabawiwalking distancesingle bedlovely hotelenjoyed our stayprophetentrancewheelchairbathtub
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last month with my family on our trip to Madinah. We were upgraded to interconnected suite rooms as we knew the Manager. The reception is done up in traditional Arabic style. It’s spacious with entrances on all 3 sides. The bell staff do a good job promptly delivering the bags to the rooms and picking up at check out.

Rooms are dimly lit with excessive furniture and decorations which is totally not required in this day and age. The bathroom was nice. The suite room had a living room with a sofa and a single bed. The bedroom had a king bed with some ancient style mosquito net hanging over it. There were 2 chairs placed oddly which we hardly used. There was a dressing table. With dim lighting it was not visible! There was a wardrobe with safe in the living room with the bathroom.

From the living room there was the door to the other room which had 3 beds and a bathroom. As we were 5 there were enough beds. If the lighting is improved and unnecessary furniture is removed the rooms will be better.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant which was decent enough. The service was excellent as the waiters did a good job. The food was fine basic to start the day. Tea was superb.

Location of the hotel is good as it’s about 5 mins walk to the Rawdah. Ladies Gate 17 is also close by. Hotel is located in the third row of buildings from the Masjid Nabawi.

The elevators can get busy if it’s time for salat. Always advisable to leave ahead of Adhaan.

There is a supermarket at the ground floor. Food outlets are available at a 3-5 min walk.

This is an old hotel. There are newer better hotels around for the same price or lesser. We booked this hotel as the newer hotels around were sold out as it was holiday peak season.

If no other choice is available then this hotel is not that bad as it provides decent enough accommodation near to Masjid Nabawi with good service from the staff all around.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sameer S
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely Hotel.
Close to Haram Shareef.
Close to all amenities.

Cosy, comfortable and spacious room - twin executive.
Good services.
Decent breakfast included.
Very lively and friendly atmosphere around hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank M S
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stayed here during our hajj trip 2017. This hotel was booked as a package with our hajj group and we enjoyed our stay here mainly due to the fact that the mosque is literally a 3 min walk you just need to cross a busy road. Also taiba centre for shopping is just across the road as well.
Our room was very big with a double, we enjoyed the space in our room and the wifi was good. Food at the hotel was provided by our hajj group which was very nice however there was always a queue at 1pm because thats the time they open.
The negative bit about this hotel is the lift, there are 4 of them in total but they take a very long time and also they were always full so you are waiting around for a long time especially during prayer times.
I would stay here again based on location

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Farha A
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Sofara Al Huda Hotel in Madinah as part of our Hajj Package during Hajj 2016. We had a room for 4 people sharing. The room was spacious enough for all of us with individual beds and enough room to walk around as well as store our luggage. It had a decent sized and well equipped bathroom with a bidet. We had breakfast and dinner included in our package and could eat at either of the two restaurants although I believe the food served, was the same in both restaurants. Nonetheless food was good with a great selection each day. The best thing about this hotel was that it is located within a 2 mins walk of the masjid.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank Heena N
Reviewed 7 May 2017

I am not sure how they rate this property as 4 star! I have thousands of stars flying out of my head when I think of my experience at this hotel. I had an injury on my right foot due to improper facility management in the wash room. The metallic lid on a wall mounted tissue dispenser fell on my foot causing profuse bleeding and bone damage. That cost me my comfort for rest of the days. I couldn't do sitting posture during my prayer and sitting inside Haram from that day on! Had to walk crippling. I had to find special foot ware not pressing my wound which cost two nights room rent @ I paid!!! My medical expenses are on top of this. No staff had a courtesy to call and check with me even after a written complaint!! Horrible and highly unacceptable!!! It is a very old, highly used up facility. And I felt, got cheated at a high price (600 SAR/night). Booking.com should have priced this property reasonably.
The staff is not well service oriented. Linens are old and torn. Towels are dirty. Washroom is unclean. Air conditioner is whistling through out. One day Wi Fi was not working. The reason heard is that the service provider is having some repairs.
Only the plus point is the location, it is just about 3 minutes walk away from the Haram, gate-17. Breakfast is also OK. It is worth for around 250-300 SAR but risking your health.

Room Tip: Better to avoid
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family