All reviews ihg member min walk bedroom suite room service saudi arabia prayer times late check excellent location decent hotel close proximity reception staff comfortable stay ladies entrance masjid distance ramadan mr
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Booked 2 rooms for 3 days on line easily through IHG site since I am a golden member and everything went normal until we went for the breakfast next morning where we knew the breakfast is not part of our package. We requested to inform the reception to include the same to our package through the restaurant staff and everything went positive until we met a rude man in the reception that evening. We wanted to confirm the breakfast is part of our pack and requested him to re-confirm while giving the best options since I am a golden member of IHG. His name was Mohammed Atieh (may b little different)and he was so rough and rude to us and finally confirmed that he cannot include the breakfast to the package and cannot help us in any manner. I think he blocked us from putting the review on IHG site hence I am coming to trip advisor. It was our worst experience from a hotel staff from Madinah. We tried to meet his manager but he pointed his colleague at the counter who was afraid to overrule his decision too. However another reception staff (his name was also Mohammed) helped us to issue the invoice including the breakfast as part of the package even though it took a lot of his time to overcome some of the blocks made by Mohammed Atieh. Surprised to see a man like him placed in an Intercontinental Hotel, that too at the holy city where most of the people come for once in life time. I am afraid to go to this hotel again!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2018

For benefits of the other people, I must say this hotel is not close to 5Stars. During our 5 nights staying, we notice the hotel is really filthy - Dirty toilet, torn bedsheet (in another room), dark carpet. Although I pointed the stain to house keeper in toilet sink but was not clean properly.
Dining-room chairs looks like they picked from recycle bin. And dirty, torn chair cover hasn’t been washed for years. Service, please don’t ask. I never seen a 5stars hotel give/offer tissue paper when you dine. The staffs looks like they haven’t had shower for a year, its put me off eating.
During our 5 nights staying, 95% menu was the same every day and night and the quality was woeful. Trust me, you can get better quality in a street food shop. I wouldn’t recommend anyone !!!!!!

Forgot to mention, on our check out hotel staff handed me a bill for internet. When I was talking to receptionist he was rather than investigating, forcing me to pay the bill. When I complained to manager, he confirmed me that it was a mistake/computer error after wasting my half an hour time.
Not only the receptionist, I found none of the staff are helpful

Room tip: VIP rooms start from 7th Floor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mohammedkC9415ZE
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel location was amazing, staff and food in restaurants was lovely. Bathrooms in rooms are a little dated and require modernization. The hotel location to the Haram was very convenient and the staff made access easy. I wouldn’t stay in any other hotel while in Mecca!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AK4474
UzzalN, Executive Sales Admin at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Poor start to our trip. We arrived at our room, someone had helped themselves in had a shower and smoke, left wet towels and left! This is what we arrived to! It stank of smoke even though it was supposed to be a non smoking room. Staff at first questioned weather this was us! But obviously as we had just arrived it could not have been! Housekeeping cleaned the mess, smoking smell lingered for a while and we were surprised we had not been moved.

After this very rough start, things did improve. The hotel is extremely close to the ladies entrance and was so convenient. The bengali cleaners and concierge fellow were so lovely and helpful. The breakfast was very limited and did the job. Not 5* hotel but 5* location. Close to shops and restaurants. Despite the very rocky start I would go back due to the location.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 432mahmudaa
UzzalN, Executive Sales Admin at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused by the construction. We are currently working to make enhancements to deliver a more comfortable stay for all of our guests. We hope for the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Visited this hotel during the days of Hajj, so it was quiet understandable that service will be quiet slow, but i am sorry to say, its not just slow, its horrendous.

I am told that i would be charged extra for asking house keeping for a empty plate and spoon? And that too 20 SAR? Are they out of their mind, they are ruining the Intercontinental's brand name.

Upon complaining, my call was directed to twenty different people and finally was told the charges would stay this way.

I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 775waqar
UzzalN, Executive Sales Admin at Dar Al Hijra InterContinental Madinah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018