See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2018

I stayed for two weeks in the Le Meridien. The hotel has spacious comfortable furnished, clean and well maintained rooms. The Bathroom is equipped with a bath tub and a Bidet.
A free Wifi acce, which ist stable and fast is provided. My rate included Breakfast Buffet, which is average for European aspects, but complete for local people. The Staff was attentive and serviceable. Anyway if you need something you have to ask more than one time. The view from the windows is quite boring into a patio, which is occupied by pigeons and pretty stained by their droppings.
I had a room, which had a (Closed door) to the neighbour room. Eventhouh I got a non smoker Room, I unfortunately go a smoker neighbour. All the smoke and odours were passed though the door, by the Aircon. The staff was unable to react on this. The rooms are not very well noise insulated. So it's advisible to tell to the reception, that you need a quiet room.
There is no gym and no Pool. The Health Club is a bit run down, Eventhough they are actually working on it, to renovate the facilities. There is a Building for a Healthe Club, which is closed.
The security is very Kind and attentive. The reception is welcoming, kind and attentive.
The restaurant serves a Dinner Buffet, which is complete and tasty.
The Hotel is located a bit outside City center. Which was near to the Office which I had to visit. Taxi Transportation was friendly arranged by the staff.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Hussain K, Manager at Le Meridien Medina, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Mr. Hamburger

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. My name is HUSSAIN KHAN and I am the
Reservation supervisor at the Le Meridien Medina. It has come to my attention that the service you received during your recent stay did not meet your expectations. For this, I sincerely apologize.

We are truly sorry to hear your experience was not Brilliant as we always strive to achieve. We hope that we have addressed your feedback as best as we could and would love to welcome you back to the hotel once more to provide an excellent experience.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

To cut it short, not even a one star hotel.
Staff doesn't work. 32 years old hotel.
For a coffee i go to the kitchen every time to search for staff.
Extremely poor breakfast; they keep the food and staff disappears completely.
I wonder where is starwood from the whole scenario.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Gulzar K, Manager at Le Meridien Medina, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Mahmoud 1977
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback.. I am deeply disappointed to hear you experienced these inconveniences during your stay with us. We take pride in providing excellent services, yet we were clearly unable to meet your expectations, please accept our sincere apologies. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Reservation Manager

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of hotel nobody wants to stay in! I was there for work however if I needed to pay for it I would definitely asked every penny back. The hotel looks really old from inside and really not let Meridian worthy. The rooms have curtains however not windows. The shower has more cold water then hot and there is no water power behind it. The roomservice is really crap and there is no place to go outside.

So if you want to loose some weight going on a diet this is the place to go! However there is also no gym:-( There is no need to go to the breakfast because it's not worth it.

A good place for people who like to rest and do nothing else then rest.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sk-mn8885
Gulzar K, Manager at Le Meridien Medina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear SK-MN8885

Greetings from LM Medina

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Very spacious room, clean with confortable bad with classic but nice fourniture,the hotel is very big with a large wedding hall the hotel is far from Masjid Nabawi but for every pray the hotel provide shuttle bus. Staff are very polite honest and friendly. The hotel is walking distance from different restaurants which provide different kind of foods (Turkish, local and asian restaurants) unfortunately Internet is non free in the hotel !!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Mr. Elyes-Benachour

Thank you for your support for Le Meridien Medina and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. It is great to know that you had a chance to experience the services at the hotel and appreciated the same.
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your personal Le Meridien Medina experience with us !
Best Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2017

This hotel standard is as close as you will probably get to Medina Mosque area if you are not a Muslim. My visit for four nights was during Ramadan which explains why all the restaurants were shut and breakfast was presented on a tray in your bedroom. The hotel is large but a bit dated. The entrance is impressive s is the lounge. The reception is at a low down table which is strange as you have to sit on a low seat which would cause difficulties for the less able traveler. The staff were business like but that could have been because of the language barrier.
There is free and effective wifi.
My room on the third floor was spacious with a large double bed and also a settee fold out bed. Every thing worked and was clean albeit starting to age. The view looked down to the roof off the canopy over the entrance. I did suffer from lots of insect bites which I blame on mosquitos which was strange as i never opened a window. I was savaged so be careful in this regard. I did feel the hotel felt like a haunted house as i rarely saw anyone, it was early quiet and whilst all the tables were set as if for dinner, i never saw them used- as I say, maybe because of fasting. It really did need a coffee lounge as I find myself effectively spending all day in my room with a TV having limited channels.

so overall- if you are a non muslim and you need somewhere to stay then this is probably it but be prepared for thirsty mosquitos and the kettle in your room.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Gulzar K, Manager at Le Meridien Medina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Family Donald

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and writing us a review.We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, in particular the rooms, and We will certainly share your comments with the team.
We apologies for the experience you had about Mosquitoes,we will certainly share your review with our colleagues about this complain and get the relevant department to look in to it.
We hope that we will have a chance to host you again to experience the improvements made.

Best regards