All reviews shuttle service complimentary breakfast front desk manager room cleaning my mother room was spacious the hotel staff pleasant stay excellent hotel min walk prophet masjid kamal suhoor wheelchair sr umra
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is perfect and quite near with 5-6 mins walk to the prophet Mosque.
The service is good and staff are friendly. They can provide free shuttle bus.
The breakfast buffet was good but it could be better to include more varieties.
I'm quite pleased to come in our room clean and tidy after a long day roaming Madinah.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 5 January 2018

I stayed here at Marriott Madinah from Jan 3 to Jan 5. Worst ever service experience I had. While I am Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond and travelled around the world but this has to be lowest. Seems lower then Motel 6. Other then forgetting to deliver my platinum amenity, couple others.
1. Room was not cleaned on Jan 4. I informed front desk at 6pm but I came back at 9pm. Still not cleaned. They get someone to come clean. He told me cleaning company contract expired yesterday and they are managing themselves.
2. Morning of Jan 5, went for breakfast and was taking coffee with me in disposable cup along with little fruit. Was told that fruit ( 4grapes, 4 pieces of watermelon) has to be eaten in cafeteria.
3. Front Desk person in evening shift doesn't speak English and had to find someone to translate

I am surprised to see how does such service fits into Marriott portfolio

Room Tip: Don't choose room toward ring road.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Mr. Mohammad

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback, we are sorry for any inconvenience, as we do strive to provide our guests with the best level of service we will share you concerns and valuable comments with the entire team.
we are looking forward to welcoming your though at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

This review is not bad but sometimes a little touch can make a difference. The hotel is a walk away from the haram, 10 - 13 min. They do offer a free shuttle. However the staff are quite friendly and trying to make some money by calling you a cab at ridiculous prices.

Breakfast is OK again, not 5 star quality. Its adequate but it was lacking quite a bit of variety. The reception would prefer to watch movies than assist a guest. i experienced this twice when i needed to print my boarding pass. Overall the stay was adequate. Closer hotels are available.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback, it is good to know that the stay was overall adequate, as we do strive to provide our guests with best services, we will share your valuable comments to the entire team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you though at our hotel.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We booked Madinah Marriot during Ramadhan as it was the best price we could find during this busy period. Me, my wife and my daughter (whose 2 years of age) stayed here in a 2x Double bedroom for a week. You can see the minarets of the prophet’s mosque from the room we stayed in. The hotel is quite old and is in need of a desperate refurbishment. We didn’t include the breakfast/suhoor in our stay as we were eating out for iftar and suhoor. The hotel staff are very friendly and are always willing to help. The hotel has 3 lifts, so its good the wait time isn’t like other busy hotels. The hotel does offer free Wi-Fi in the hotel. The walk from the hotel to the masjid is around 7 mins, its not long at all. For me personally this was my main concern before confirming the booking, but overall, I was quite happy with the location. There are several Asian restaurants around the hotel, less than minutes away which is very handy if you eat Asian food. The pros for me was the price, location, the staff and the bathroom which includes a bathtub. The cons were the hotel is old and does need a refurbishment, the bed wasn’t anywhere comfortable for Marriott standards. I could almost felt the springs of the mattress and did log this at the reception twice. It may have very well been my bed.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IslamFarghaly, General Manager at Madinah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback as we do strive to provide our guests with the best service we will share your valuable comments with the entire team
We are looking forward to welcoming you though at our hotel

Islam Farghaly

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The checkin was fast and efficient. The room was spacious for 2 guests. It's good to make use of the shuttle service because it cuts down the time to reach the Prophet's SAW mosque. The staff friendly and helpful. Would have appreciated it if the breakfast was included in the price.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor and the view was good. Also moving in and out of the lift is quick
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo