1,306 results
All reviews arabesque restaurant personalized service junior suite special thanks excellent location very nice hotel f b main entrance house keeping breakfast was excellent room service few steps umrah trip comfortable stay ladies entrance holy mosque haram view
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We were happy with location, entrance and quality of hotel upon arrival. The check in staff were polite, professional and efficient. The general standard and decor of rooms was very nice.

We enjoyed our breakfast each day very much and the waiters and cooks were very professional, friendly, accommodating and nice. We would like to thank Phyam who set the scene for our daily breakfast on day 1. The manager seems like he was from Egypt and was a tall man called Saudi or Saheme..? others staff we would like to thank included Shahbaz Ahmad, Mohd Ishaq, Azher, Mohd Cham, mr Saho. I did not get the fried egg and omelette mans name, however, he was from Indonesia and a relatively young person I think with fair completion HE is very good..

The other members of staff that made our stay MAJICAL experience were house keeping on our 5th floor and included Sadiq, Kaleem, Monir, mr jahid. They all showed friendliness, polite, professionalism, flexibility and a great standard of hygiene and cleanliness. WE cannot thank these guys enough..! Thank you

Location is excellent

Room Tip: ideally choose a room close to lift.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Monty N
ShazaAlMadina, Guest Relations Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Mr.monty

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for responding to our survey.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would be honoured to welcome you again in the near future.

Guest Relation Department

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Standard 5 star hotel room.

Check in was longer than neccessary but checkout was super smooth.

20 seconds away from womens gate at madinah harmam.

Lifts were good.

Breakfast was a good selection.

Food is pricy however.

Stayed: October 2018
1  Thank Kay C
ShazaAlMadina, Guest relation team at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear valued guest,

Guest Relation

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Manazir and Talib did such a great job in Room Service. They were very helpful and friendly.
Make sure they serve you. They are on time when you ask for something and also will come wnd check if you need something.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Saad Q
ShazaAlMadina, guest relation team at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Mr. Saad,

Guest Relation

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

It is important to state the following: this is my first review with such a negative rating, I normally overlook small things that makes reviewers post negatively but we received such appalling service that Shaza in all its previous glory has failed us dismally this time.

A family of eight that included my parents who are 70 years of age my wife and four siblings stayed a total 9 nights. We booked 2 quad rooms, first 8 nights we stayed on the 4th floor.

I stayed with my wife at Shaza during the 2017 Hajj season and therefore returned, obviously with the same expectation of the service we received previously.. how wrong I was :-(

The Booking:
We booked online directly with the hotel, we were quoted a rate of R855 Riyals excl tax for a quad room, of which was accepted, my credit card was debited with a deposit.
Closer to the time I received an email from Mr Abdul Aziz Turkistani indicating that our room rate has increased to R900 riyals per room per night. After exchanging a few emails the rate was reverted back to R855 as originally booked. I was told that the rate could change anytime after booking but on my reservation it clearly stated the room rate once accepted was fixed. First blunder Mr Turkistan as integrity on your online booking system was compromised.
-5 points

The Check In:
On the booking system we requested 2 wheel chairs for our parents. Our check Inn process took much longer then expected, to my disappointment again only one wheel chair was available and were told that the other one would be available the next day, who do I take first to the haram? My mother or father?
-10 points

The Stay:
I could write a thesis of our stay at Shaza, highlighting each days events and frustrations but I will summarize them as follows:

Room Service:
On the first three days our rooms were only made up in the evening one day after Maghrib Salaah and twice after Esha, that meant getting fresh towels and reserves after a whole long day. To say the least even the room service was inconsistent and dismal a quick in and out job. Sometimes the towels were not replenished, sometimes no coffee and tea and sometimes no water. This pathetic service continues for the rest of our stay and I finally gave up even tried speaking with the Manager Abdurahman he even failed with room service team as he tried calling them twice one day but failed to pitch.
-50points

Room Access:
Be warned and be prepared to visit floor M almost everyday, as I realized quickly whether your room access card is close to your mobile, you will have to reset your card almost on a daily basis, so before going directly to our rooms coming from the Haram we all knew that we have to visit floor M to reset our cards before gaining access to our rooms that were in almost all instances not made up.
-15 points

Dining experience:
This time round the variety that we so enjoyed previously lacked, the only person really concerned about the dietary needs was MR Sanaullah from Bangladesh. The dinners are very expensive here @ R200 per person. Had we all 8ppl eaten here I could have easily fed the poor for one month. We therefore opted to purchase out evening meals from outside. On one occasion we had access food from the previous night that we wanted to heat up. The hotel staff flatly refused as food from outside is not welcomed in the hotel. After speaking to MR Shiraz from Sri Lanka (restaurant manager) he assured that under no circumstances will his Arab boss allow him even if he wanted to, I could see he was genuine because he said if he was in Sri Lanka he would have most definitely assisted us in this regard.
-10 points

After this experience I realized that the staff are not encouraged and inspired to do a little extra for their clients. They mostly felt demoralized. Shaza Al Madina depends heavily on expats as cheap labour, you will find that most of the men employed in this hotel are either from Pakistan, Bangladesh or India. Your will not find any locals doing the work that these men do and many times I seen that they are over worked and tired and perhaps the reason for the downgrade in service. In addition the hotel seemed short staffed perhaps many staff on leave after Hajj season. The only positive thing about the establishment is the location which is close to the Haram but do not be fooled to think that this is the only one, Hilton is directly opposite and Oberoi is even closer and many others closer too..
after our stay I am convinced that this hotel needs an upgrade and careful look at their management and general service. I can not recommend this hotel which was once upon a time a great place.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Mohammed H
ShazaAlMadina, General Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Mohammed H,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking your precious time to share a candid review of your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. Your feedback is the basis of our progress, and your stay is our source of honor.
We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can but unfortunately we didn’t meet your expectations. We regret the unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay from the booking stage through to the stay itself. We are taking this very seriously and have highlighted all the important points raised to be addressed soonest possible.
We appreciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our hotel and hope that this particular experience will not mar your initial impression of our hotel. We hope to win back your trust and we will endeavor to do everything possible to make your future stays enjoyable.
We will be honored to welcome you again in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 October 2018

This is a very tasteful designed hotel located right in front of the Prophet's mosque. The hotel has adopted an arabesque theme with a modern twist. The hotel has commissioned many calligraphic works and photographs (Peter Sanders I think) to adorn the walls. The staff are friendly and very help full. Plus point: The floors are well serviced by the elevators (almost 10 per floor), so you don't have to wait to go down.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Altaf A
ShazaAlMadina, Guest Relations Manager at Shaza Al Madina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Mr.