“Excellent”
Review of Mercure Al Khobar

Mercure Al Khobar
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Al Khobar
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Location superb and food is awesome ..easy parking and beautifully decorated interior ...overall best hotel in the town ..easy access to the Cornich area where you can enjoy the sunset and causeway to Bahrain

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

reception staff are freindly but the room was not ready when I arrived at 4 pm even though I made my reservation using accour hotel official site and I have their membership, this is the only remark I have. they were cooperative and offered me upgrade, the breakfast was great and the room are clean and comfortable,
the location of the hotel is good close to khober corniech

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017

the overall facilities here are nice. the staff was very friendly and helpful. and, the variety and qualify of food was quite delicious - both the breakfast buffet and dinner options. unfortunately, my room accommodations were out of sync with the rest of the hotel. though quite spacious, my room decor was outdated, everything was painfully old and worn, and the cleanliness left much to be desired (i did not feel comfortable unpacking). i was disappointed as i've stayed at several other accor/mercure locations in other countries (mostly in europe) and have had satisfactory experiences. this experience seems to be the exception. not sure if my room was a one-off or some kind of anomaly, however i can't recommend at this time :-(

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I was not recognized as an Accor Le Club Platinum member, was not privileged or given my rights. When I introduced myself to 2 duty managers and to front office manager I was not even treated as a guest!

The first duty manager I met, an egyptian "Ahmed" gave me wrong information and I asked me to call Accor to send an email to the hotel so I can be privileged! I know this is not how things works but he insisted I call Accor! I have been a member of this union since 2013 and never needed or asked to call them.

However, I did for the first time and they tried to call the hotel but no answers. They told me the hotel should make guest's stays something and enjoyable as possible. I didn't refer back to the man again because my first conversation with him was fruitless and a waist of time and I didn't want to do it again.

This gentleman turned out to be new and doesn't know anything about Accor loyalty program, the next afternoon I went to use the business center and found him laying there playing with the computer. He didn't expect a guest to come to the business center and didn't move and let me use the PC until I asked him to!

The other day I met another duty manager "Sales Manager" to ask for a one month contract quotation, I had the opportunity to explained to him what has happened with his colleague who gave me wrong information and how unprofessional he was, he found it wired a Platinum member is asking for one of his rights, smiled and said: "The property is just a franchise and not owned or runned by Accor and they don't follow Accor in everything!!" Meaning we don't care as much as the rest of Mercure hotels!

A couple of days after, I called him to flow up, texted him my email as per his request and now it's has been more than 10 days and I was not given the quotation.

Both are lazy, unprofessional and don't really care about the guests or even about the property they work at, it was obvious.

Hoever, I should thank Mr. Raja at the front office for being nice and respectful and for sending us a frat basket to the room with Arabic coffee.

Room Tip: Corner Executive Suites have full sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sultan6334
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Nice hotel with a great location neat and clean rooms with a wonderful restaurant in 10th floor, friendly workers moreover a wonderful city views, if I visit Khobar again I will surly reserve on it ..

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
4.7 km away
Radisson Blu Hotel Dhahran
Radisson Blu Hotel Dhahran
#8 of 81 in Al Khobar

Been to Mercure Al Khobar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mercure Al Khobar

Address: Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz | St Corniche Eastern Province, Al Khobar 31952, Saudi Arabia
Region: Saudi Arabia > Eastern Province > Al Khobar
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Al Khobar
Price Range: €85 - €154 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Mercure Al Khobar 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Al Khobar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.