See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Once upon a time visiting a Russian hotel was like banishment to a Gulag, or worse yet a night in a quaint remodelled concentration camp. Times have changed and so has the service and offering model. We stayed in this hotel and to our amazement - although - not cheap, the service was excellent, the rooms clean modern and equipped with air conditioning. We ordered food to the room for dinner and to our delight was served within 15 minutes. Every query was promptly answered and even a request for an extra pillow immediately seen to.

I was quite pleased with the experience which eclipsed many other experiences I had in Europe. EU pull up your socks, the Russians have grown up and are just starting to look at tourism as a serious business.

The Russians are extremely thorough and will go to extremes to make you feel comfortable and welcome. My thanks and for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IVAN_ERASMUS
TransHotel, Генеральный директор at TransHotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Ivan!
I’m not sure that anybody could say better than you with such emotions about our hotel and Russian service on the whole. And of course it made us so thankful and happy that we couldn’t find proper words to answer your response. Anyway thank you for these words firstly. And also be sure that we’ll do our best to make rest of each guest unforgettable and pleasant not because it’s our work but because me love what we do!
Hope to welcome you again.

General manager, Ann Malkova.

Reviewed 27 October 2012

We have enjoyed the 2 nights stay at TransHotel; rooms were nice, helpful staff, WiFi, good breakfast and good proximity to Yekaterinburg main attractions. Reading the previous (negative) reviews we could not share the same feeling, as we were quite satisfied from the whole hospitality experience at TransHotel

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ISR77
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Yekaterinburg's attractions are scattered around town. This hotel's location is good, within reasonable walking distance from them, and from a major indoor shopping mall. Cleanliness was very good.

There are no non-smoking rooms. I had a cold and did not notice a smoke smell anywhere. They have a very nice breakfast, with hot and cold dishes. The ambiance is somewhat reminiscent of Cold War USSR. There is a lobby computer available for 200 ruble/hr.

This hotel was hard to find, even with a helpful taxi driver and the address in Russian. It is NOT located on Gogolya St, as indicated on-line. It is set back off the street, between buildings, on the other side of the block on Rosy Luxemburg St. Fortunately, the taxi driver talked to someone who knew the area and told him where to find the hotel. The name of the hotel, in Russian, was visible from the drive entering off Rusy Luxemburg St.

Room Tip: There are no non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Mimor
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Nice hotel in an excellent location. It is very central and easy to walk round the main parts of Ekaterinburg from there. The room was good, though could definitely do with a bit of updating. Wifi was free and could also do with a bit of work as it cut out quite frequently.

The restaurant offered good quality food at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jazzjazzy
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I stayed at the TransHotel on May 2011. I was extremely impressed with the atmosphere, had comfortable and clean room; a good breakfast each morning (buffet), very friendly and helpful housekeepers and staff. It all made me feel like at home!
The most important fact is the location, in the heart of Yekaterinburg. You would think it'd noisy and congested but it seemed as if the hotel was outside the city, calm and quite.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it's vacation or a family trip.
By the way, I had a luxury room, so they gave me a special gift - one free hour at the sauna.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo