See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2018

The hotel is located on the outskirts of Volgograd, opposite what looks like an estate and a motorway.
Staff were very welcoming through my three days during the World Cup. I had dinner and breakfast and both were fine. Beer was very light but this is not really what a hotel is here for.
The room are spacious and comfortable.
Wifi can be moody as it is based on your floor (ie, you get a password for your room floor). The main issue - if there is one - is that the hotel is a little far from the town center.
All in all, a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

It is the worst hotel I have ever been. Thay do not registered my stay, which is required by Russian law. The room was totally smelly. Bed very uncomfortable. No housekeeping, we had to call. Food... God, it was like a food for a dog. They charged us for a breakfast (x2) we have never ate! We tried to talk about that at the reception and asked for a giving money back but they said “it was a gift”. Gift we were charged for... crazy. No one speak English. When we wanted to get the invoice they said that they will call the police. Funny... but not!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Okay, so this place is a little bizarre and grandiose at first, starting with it being literally right on (almost on top of) a very busy street. The lobby is incredibly ornate, but then you get to the room, and it is a little small but pleasant and warm. Everything is clean, the bathroom is sparkling, and the internet was quite good. The Greenwich Pub has very good food! No one was ever in there but I really enjoyed the two meals I ate there. All things were just fine, then I tried to go to bed. It was a twin mattress (no big deal), but it was clearly broken or worn out because there were hard springs poking directly up at me, and since it was a twin, I could not shift over to the side. I am honestly not too picky about uncomfortable beds, I can usually deal, but sleeping on top of a few coils was not manageable. I finally switched my head to the foot of the bed and I was at least able to fall asleep, but seriously! All they need to do is replace the mattresses to get a much better review from me. Sleep is key!

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were there 5 days as a tourists. Hotel has great location: 2 min to central part of Volgograd and apart from noisy places. Good breakfast and clear room. Service is perfect. Nice place for staying. Wi-Fi is excellent.

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2012

It's a brand new hotel, just opened. A lot of things just aren't there: there's no menu in the restaurant for example, just business lunches all day long. Even the included "breakfast" is in fact a three-course business lunch -- albeit free and inedible. They don't even have a license to sell alcohol yet and no cash register in the restaurant - the bills are hand-written (which is against the law in Russia btw).

The rooms are tiny for the price they command (it's the level of the best hotels in the city). Rooms have little furniture, and rather silly at that - I had trouble finding a convenient spot in my room to work on my laptop.

The beds are a total disaster! For starters, they are SINGLE, narrow (some 1 meter wide), and the mattresses are so bad it's epic - every time I turned in my sleep the mattress threw me up like it was a trampoline. Also, the only kind of blanket supplied was a down one. A down blanket in a air-conditioned room! I had to set the air conditioner to +18C to bare sleeping under such a blanket.

My room had no wardrobe - you ether live out of a suitcase or have your stuff on the floor. The only things I found were two hangers for over-coats and one for a suit pants.

The bathroom is spacious, with standing shower and a toilet. The towels and bathrobes are obviously new, threads clearly visible on the hair of guests in the lobby. Some essentials were provided in branded tiny bottles (shower gel, body milk, shampoo, conditioner) as well as some empty bottles from a previous occupant.

The staff is new and inexperienced. While the girls at the reception try to be helpful, the security people are predictably rude, obnoxious and unfriendly (it's Russia, after all). My colleagues had trouble inviting a female guest to their room for a business meeting in the afternoon ("no hookers" policy in a posh hotel!).

All in all - avoid at all costs! I'm never coming back.

P.S. Something positive for a change: wifi service is very good, each floor has its own wifi-network. And it's free. The speeds are okay as well.

Room tip: Go to a different hotel!
Date of stay: September 2012