See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Spent the night here on the way to Myrtle beach. Check in was easy and the front desk gentlemen was friendly. Room was very nice for the money. Had a king bed which was very comfortable. Only thing I didn't like was how cramped the bathroom was. I would stay again despite the bathroom.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The quality of our room was surprising for the price! During our five night stay to attend a family wedding, we found the motel location to be easy to navigate, convenient to shopping and felt central to yummy restaurants and activities in Southern Pines and Aberdeen. The grounds were quiet, and the privacy was nice. During the week, we enjoyed having the pool to ourselves! Our flight did not get in until super late at night, and we were relieved to find out they offered 24-hour front desk services for our 3:00 a.m. arrival.

The first three days during our stay I asked not to have our room serviced, the remaining nights no one bothered. I took out our trash, and upon request, the front desk provided clean towels and toilet paper. The staff seemed afraid to ask how we were doing and would have been surprised to know our overall satisfaction. I would absolutely stay here again when visiting family in the area!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This property underwent renovations and switched from the Express Inn to Quality Inn in 2016. For the money you pay each night it's not bad. We stayed for 2 nights and originally had a room on the backside of the building which seemed to be more popular I guess due to main road noise. We had a king - the room is very very small. There is not a lot of room at all and I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you have kids even with 2 beds it is a very tight squeeze. I had to get out the ironing board and once that was set up you couldn't really move around near the bathroom. Our A/C didn't work in the first room we had - we took off the cover to the unit and the fins were caked with dirt/dust/mold. It was terrible the room smelled like mold and wet towels, hot and humid...I called the front desk and the admin was very helpful and super nice, she let us move to a different room on the front side of the motel...and the A/C was a newer unit, cleaner and cooled the room down properly. The bed was OK, the shower struggled with water pressure, they need to fix their plumbing and get new fixtures in the bathrooms. Bathtub was VERY slippery you had to hold on to the grab bar or you could definitely fall. The door to our room had about a half inch crack towards the bottom you could see sunlight right through it - bugs were an issue because this is a truly a "motel", 2 stories, all rooms are exterior with no elevators so as soon as you open your door the bugs come in, I killed several bugs each night. The breakfast was lacking, not much to offer - fruit was starting to get old it had been there for quite some time, and by 8:30am there wasn't much left and it didn't seem like a breakfast attendant was around to monitor food supply and cleanliness of the area (at least I didn't see anyone around). Bath towels were tiny and in short supply so if you need a couple extra definitely ask for some when you check in. We didn't have any issues in our new room facing the road with road noise so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are a very light sleeper. This hotel's rates will probably go up as soon as they can start recouping the money invested in the re branding of the hotel - right now it's about $60 a night, that's probably going to go up pretty soon once they start gaining a following especially after this year with golf season. I wouldn't consider this property truly renovated, to me it's was a refresh and rebrand...they painted, they got new beds, new-ish furniture, linens, maybe did some minor repairs like new toilets...but the electrical, plumbing and HVAC is almost all original and in need of repair. Amenities are very basic. Laundry is not in a laundry room it is exposed in a breezeway of the motel...the fitness center was just a room with a couple pieces of equipment (so very tiny and had teenagers watching TV inside/hanging out) - We tried WiFi and there were basic instructions in the room on how to login but after a couple attempts I couldn't get on the network so I just gave up. If you're travelling through the area and need a place to rest for the night or maybe going on a quick golf trip in Pinehurst/Sandhills area and don't want to spend $100+ a night on a room you probably won't need for other than a quick shower and sleep then this place will be fine for you...if you have kids or will be staying for more than a night or two and need space and newer amenities I wouldn't recommend - pay the extra $$ and get a room somewhere closer to Pinehurst where the newer Marriott/Hilton properties are.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Sonya S, General Manager at Quality Inn Pinehurst Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

WOW... I finally have met someone who is as thorough as myself. Thank you so much for taking the time to write an online review about your stay with us at the Quality Inn Pinehurst Area. It was a pleasure having you with us. I am sorry you incurred some obstacles while with us. It is never our intention for complications to arise, but am thankful some of your issues were satisfied and your experience with our staff was favorable and accommodating. Yes, this is an older hotel that has been given a new life and we will continue to strive to provide the best accommodations we can at the best prices in the area for a mid-scale hotel. I hope that our staff will always continue to be superb and that can be committed to attending to our guest needs when it arises. Obviously, without guest such as yourself, there would be no us! We want to do everything in our power to ensure that all of our guest have a favorable stay at an affordable price. I can only assume when this hotel was built in the 80s its had the golfer in mind, as we are a golf resort area. Back in the day our occupancy was primarily golf packages. Yes, our rooms are very small and for that reason we do not offer roll away beds, as you are correct, there isn't any room. We do however have an interior building that have larger rooms, but are all two double bed rooms.

I do hope that your stay was favorable enough that you would consider coming to see us again if you are ever in the area. We value you and all of our guest and look forward to seeing you and maybe chatting with you again. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a work. I have a room to myself. I came back to my hotel after work and found the housekeeper had left her hairpins on my bathroom counter. I think it's strange that someone would leave behind their hair products on a customers counter.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Sonya S, General Manager at Quality Inn Pinehurst Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Quality Inn Pinehurst Area. I am so very sorry that you had this experience. I have addressed this issue with our housekeeping department to ensure that doesn't happen again. Yes, it was very strange indeed and I trust this was an isolated incident. None the less, it was not acceptable and I apologize. I hope you will consider giving us another try when you are back in the area. Sonya Sasser, GM

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed here last weekend.A Saturday night stay cost me 61.00 total. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and breakfast was great.I admit I was concerned because of the price and other options in the area were $20+ a night. I am so glad I made the decision because when I go back to visit my son in the future I will always stay at this hotel.Another plus is that all rooms are smoke free.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Sonya S, General Manager at Quality Inn Pinehurst Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

I sure am glad you found us and made the decision to give us a try! It was a pleasure having you with us while visiting your son! We always like to think we have the most to offer at the best price possible. Please always know we will be happy to accommodate you when you are in town. We look forward to seeing you again. Sonya Sasser, GM