See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2017

The hotel looked great on the website and the review are very nice. I have booked our apartment in Feb with Paul directly and he was very nice - to stay at the end of May - 3 of us. Before I left home I gave the hotel a call to confirm that we are coming - everything was ok. Just the day before arrival I have decided to give them a call to advise our arrival time - and they told me that " They will not be able to accommodate me!" - claiming that they have sent me an email - I have checked both private and work emails - no emails from them. I was furious - no apologies - what would have happened if we arrived there with my mother in tow plus suitcases??? VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Room Tip: Best to avoid - they can cancel without warning
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank nmarie2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Just a bit out of the center but on walk distance you find this small apartment hotel. We were received in a nice way by friendly owners and staff. It is small but cosy and the room are nice decorated with a small kitchen and bathroom. They speak enough English to help eachother and have some facilities like coffee, thee, small breakfast, tourist information and other things to make your stay easy.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
ArtApart91, Администратор at ArtApart House Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 10 January 2016

I chose ArtApart in St. Petersburg because it had such great reviews, and was close to the metro I needed to get to the train station. It was a wonderful choice. The room was perfect; the staff were just wonderful, and every time I opened my door, the cat, Oscar would come in to look out the window. We became great friends. The neighborhood is really interesting now, and the friendly staff directed me to Pirogi, across the street for breakfast. That was great advice, and made for a really good stay in Petersburg.

Room Tip: The room on the ground floor is terrific. Spacious and quiet, and the price is really reasonable.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank TScholl
Reviewed 21 October 2015

stayed 5 nights in the twin beds room in October.
excellent location. close to metro station. easy to arrive and depart from LED airport or leningradsky train station.
nice neighbourhood with shops and restaurants.
very quiet and very clean, spacious room. plenty of space for 2 people with luggage. very comfortable room with wonderful heated floor bathroom. excellent wifi connectivity.
arrived early in morning, though room was not ready, was able to leave luggage with them for the day.

hosts were very accommodating and helpful. they have a cat, oscar, roaming the common areas, so it made for a very homey and relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank nenaqu
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Our visit didn't start off great. Somehow our acknowledged email stating that we would arrive very early from the Moscow train got overlooked. This meant that we were left standing outside, tired and dishevelled, ringing the bell and banging on the door with only a couple of drunks and a nearby pool of urine for company. Not funny. We had to go to a nearby hotel to ask them to call. However, the staff were apologetic and let us use a spare room for a quick shower and to sort out our stuff. Our apartment- a lobby, bathroom, bedroom and living area with sofa bed- was on 5th floor with no lift. This might present a real problem for older people or people with mobility issues. There are smaller rooms lower down but most involve some stairs. As it was I loved the stairway which was straight from Crime and Punishment (same period too). The rooms were spacious and very clean. For the pernickty, the shower taps were reversed- hot setting was cold etc which was not explained and the bedside lamp didn't work. It is a laidback, easy going kind of place so it is probably not suited if you want immaculate 5 star service but it suited us down to the ground. The bed was soooo comfortable but the window blinds were thin. I was glad I brought my eye mask. This would be ideal if you were lucky enough to be spending a few weeks in St Petes. The staff are friendly, helpful, educated and most speak fluent English. They had some great money saving recommendations. There is a rather complicated security system of bells and keys which we eventually managed to work out. The local area has plenty of supermarkets and great value cafes serving things like porridge and spaghetti carbonara. You are just a few minutes walk from the metro. At the moment the metro is closed til 10am for building work so might be worth finding our which marshrutka goes into the city if you want an early start or take a cheap taxi which staff can help with. Because St Petes is huge this is a long walk from the historic heart so you need transport of one kind or another.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a lower level room if you have difficulties with stairs
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family