All reviewsfloor restauranttop floorswimming poollobby bargreat breakfast buffetwithin walking distancetour grouprooms are comfortablestandard roomsouvenir shopgeorgian restaurantwifi connectionopen the windowdecent sizetourist attractionsexcellent hotelreception desk
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The hotel is busy and caters for tourists and large business conventions. This means that breakfast is on some days extremely busy. The buffet breakfast was well stocked and omelettes can be made fresh to order.
The room was large. I think we had a family room for two people.
Had drinks on the top floor before we went out which was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Guest! Thank you for your kind attitude to our hotel. Unfortunately your visit has coincided with International Economy Forum and the number of very important guests was substantial. I should also mark that in a season of White Nights we are always overcrowded. To avoid the crowds during the breakfast time we open a new line on a second deck. Of course it is not always possible to share meal with your group mates but to find a spare place is always possible/
Thank you that you specially marked omelets station which helps us to offer various ways of cooking eggs which are liked by many of our guests.
We will be happy if you choose our hotel as your home in St. Petersburg. You are the most welcome!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean, with mostly very helpful and friendly staff, whether at the desk, the concierge or the bars! The rooms are good - possibly in need of updating in some respects - but bathroom and shower were excellent, room attendants excellent and free bottles of water left when you arrive along with water machines to top up in the corridors. There is an ATM in the lobby so easy to get roubles with your European debit/card. Hotel is about 1000 rouble (about €14) Taxi ride from the airport (use airport official Taxi where you can pay in advance by card in the airport if you have no cash - also use hotel to call you taxis). Taxis generally not great standard unless you pay more for an exec type car which I didn’t! Back to the hotel. The breakfast buffet, which is on the top floor with great panoramas across the rooftops of the city, is just excelllent with hot and cold stuff and a guy making omelettes to order. I especially liked the big loaves of fresh white crusty bread where you could cut your own slices with a bread knife and eat them with a selection of ham, cheeses etc. Wi-Fi round the hotel is good - good enough to stream radio or Netflix. Check in and check out very smooth, left luggage went fine. Hotel is about a 3 or 4 € Taxi ride down to where the winter palace and other attractions are, or else about a 25 minute walk. It’s nice to walk though as you see some of the city, which is very European and cosmopolitan - good few little supermarkets around as well including one a few mins walk from the hotel. Only slight reservation about the hotel was I couldn’t open the window in my room and it was very warm and the aircon control wasn’t delivering any major action. Otherwise nothing bad to say about the place and the stay in it went very well. Thanks Ambassador and the people working there!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest!
We were pleasantly surprised when reading a whole novel about our hotel written with attention to each detail of our service. To say the truth it is for the first time in my experience when I met a guest who spared so much of his personal time in order to supply our potential guest with all necessary information. Thank you for your time and very positive treatment of our service!.
I am very glad that our breakfast did not disappoint you but vice versa gave you a very positive charge for the whole day. Many our guests value our breakfasts very high and I agree with you that panoramic view of St. Petersburg adds additional romantic atmosphere to it.
I either appreciate your kind comments on the procedure of checking in because it is always the most essential part of service which formulates guest’s impression on his stay for the whole tour.

I feel sorry that you did not ask us how to open the window. Handle from the window is located in the table box. It is done with a special intention not to let all the windows be opened simultaneously otherwise the system of fan-coils installed in our hotel may be broken. With this system we are supporting room temperature in a comfortable position. Still if you would like to open the window you can easily do it addressing hotel stuff.
I am happy that you’ve found hotel location as a convenient one. It is true because we are located in a historical center of the city and many objects of tourist interest are in a walking distance. Besides there are three metro station at the same square and good municipal transport. I can not but agree with you that the best way to get acquainted with the city is a walk by foot.
Thank you again for your complimentary high value of our hotel!
I am looking forward to hosting you again! You are the most welcome!

Reviewed 15 May 2018

To summarize saying that this hotel has seen better times and it´s a real "tourist trap"..
It´s focused on and packed with "budget" tourists and don´t care at all about the quality of your overall experience.. they live on 1-time travellers.

Let´s start from the fact that swimming pool costs 20 euro/hour from 11.00 am (who swims 7am!!??), and a solo coffee in breakfast (not included in buffet) cost almost 3 euro and its terrible..

Then, the hotel is totally wasted, from reception to rooms to restaurant and bar area in 9th floor (really terrible). Rooms with disgustingly dirty carpets (we checked several rooms, all in same conditions) and really bad quality of bed and pillows (specially), some towels had make up marks so i had to replace them, and i could keep on..

FURNITURE in whole hotel is TERRIBLY cheap and in bad conditions so you can´t feel comfortable and looks like cheap beach hotel and not the imperial 4star advertised .. BREAKFAST sort of the same, big amount and selection but TERRIBLE quality of food, just awful, maybe less variety and better quality would be a plus.. BROKEN glasses and also old cutlery.

The only positive point i can take is that you have breakfast with really beatiful view, just impressive, BUT; to pay 130 euro/night per a 10 minute morning view, is not real worthy.

I decided to leave the hotel 1 day before planned (already fully paid) because of the awful experience, and staff did NOT care at all even to ask, so i understood i wasn´t the first one to do so.

NEVER AGAIN and not worthy at all, there are much better options in SPB for that price range, the city is improving rapidly the quality of service.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Guest!
I feel sorry for your negative experience in our hotel but hope that our city did not disappoint you.
I dare comment some of your impressions on hotel.
We know that some of our rooms need restoration and we do it according to a plan of renovation. You can complain about sports on the carpet which look not attractive but chemistry with which we clean carpets leave these sports. We regularly change carpets and it is the usual routine in all the hotels. Our guests never complain about dirt in the rooms. High marks for cleanliness of our rooms are given to us by all hotel search resources.
During the breakfasts guests are offered free coffee and tea. Of course offered coffee is not of the same taste like coffee made in a bar. With a big number of guests the barmen is not able to make separate coffee for each guest. For this extra service you have to pay and it is reasonable. Payment for sauna and pool after morning hours is also has its reason. The main function of swimming pool is to change temperature regime after sauna. It is not so large to except many people at the same time. Payment for this service helps us to regulate the number of people in a pool.
I do not dare to invite you again to our hotel but city deserves your love and attention.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

THEFT! I was a guest April 16 thru 20, 2018. During my stay the safe was entered while I was out of my room using the universal combination used to make sure the safe is empty. This is usually done upon your checkout. Taken was $100.00 US Dollars and 7,000 Rubles and also a new silk blouse taken from my unlocked luggage. I had my clothing packed in my suitcase in individual zippered nylon cases. DO NOT USE THE HOTEL SAFE AND KEEP A COMBINATION LOCK ON YOUR LUGGAGE AT ALL TIMES.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room next to the room the cleaning staff uses.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna M

Dear Guest!
I dare comment your letter. There are some moments which are never met.
You’ve written that money was stolen from your safe. It is practically impossible because hotel guarantee safety of guest’s valuable things and money if they are left in the safe and hotel is responsible for it.. The most surprising thing for me that you‘ve found out money absence in a month after your returning. It is a usual practice all over the world to declare about any incident in the room immediately when something wrong is happened. The same story with you blouse- you recollected about it in a month after your coming home. For the whole working period of our hotel none has ever complained about theft and we support our reputation to be a very safe hotel.

Guest Relations manager

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Average 4* hotel. During the check-in take from us passport - after 1 hour I asked front office manager for my passport and he told me, that the "procedure" with passport still isn't done. I also asked in the evening (7 p.m.) for my passport again. Again procedure with the passport isn't done, because the "special" staff will come to hotel at 8 p.m. Dear managers of the hotel - this procedure takes in another hotel just a few seconds (scan / copy of the passport). Do you realize, that your clients from abroad can't move from the hotel? I recommend to you, change this procedure.

We went for the drink to the lobby bar and we were waiting 20 minutes!!! The bar was empty.

Next time I will choose another hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jr L
Olga K, Менеджер по обслуживанию клиентов at Ambassador Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Guest!
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. I am very sorry that you had to wait for your passport for a long time. I would like to explain you how this procedure is running in the hotel. If it were scan or photo of passport it is really done immediately. But we register all passports of foreign guests at migration service and there is special clerk who performs this job. When the reception desk is overcrowded with guests the receptionist can not leave his working place. If somebody of our guests insists on having his passport back right at the moment we do it. Usually it is not the problem for our guests because you can easily travel around the city without passport. We often recommend our guests not to take passport with them because it can be lost and then there is really a problem for traveler. Next time if you decide to stay with us ask about registration of your passport immediately and we do it in spite of our occupation.
If procedure with passport registration was the only subject of your disappointment we will be pleased to welcome you again at our hotel!

Guest Relations Manager