1,392 results
All reviewsvasilievsky islandgreat hotelpedestrian streetneva rivermetro stationcomfortable bedsfree wifisparkling winequiet areafour star hotelsuperior roombathroom floorstaying at this hoteltour groupflat screen tvnevsky prospektthree nights
Reviewed 4 August 2018

The staff was so helpful and accommodating! The room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast had a lot of options and the food was good. We could not have been more pleased with the location and our experience with the Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Anastasia K, Front Office Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the time that you have found to leave your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievskiy.

It’s a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay and especially breakfast served in the hotel.
Great variety of food and drinks together with premium quality of products make our breakfast tasty and unforgettable.

The Hotel is located on one of the central islands of St. Petersburg - on the Basil Island close to the main city attractions and sightseeings.

We will be glad to welcome you again,

Anastasia Kirillova

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

A decent prised hotel in Vasily island. The hotel is fairly new but has some caracters from the old russian charm. The rooms are good size and very clean. Service is excellent and evererybody at the front desk spoke english. The hotel has a business center. I would definately go there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Katja,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about your recent stay at Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky.

It’s a pleasure to learn that you had a great time and really enjoyed your stay.

We are glad to know that food was excellent and you had a great choice.
Thank you for mentioning about well-equipped and clean rooms.

We will be glad to welcome you again,

Anastasia Kirillova

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I have stayed in the hotel during FIFA world cup.The hotel was fully booked with Brazilian fans and the atmosphere was great! I really felt welcomed as everywhere starting from the reception desk I was greated with smile.All necessary facilities were there:cozy, well-equipped and clean room, tasty breakfast, free wi-fi, gym and sauna.Pub was also a worth place to visit, tasty burgers and friendly staff. Moreover I was impressed by the atmosphere of the lobby, you really feel that you are staing in the cultural capital of Russia. Everything was on the high level except carpet in the corridors and old TV in the room. I will definitly come back and hope that mentioned improvements will be done.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Anastasia K, Front Office Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for such a positive feedback and highlighting the convivial atmosphere at the hotel. We are pleased to hear that our hotel facilities and and a vast array of choices at breakfast made you feel at home.
Regarding the remarks you have made, we have already sent this information to the departments in charge. We hope these issues will be settled down in the near future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

For the Managing Director of Solo Sokos Vasivielesky hotel
Dear Sir,
I have stayed 2 nights in your hotel from the 7th to the 9th of June 2018
Thinking that your hotel is one part of the Finnish SOKOS hotel chain, I was very confident to reserve your hotel on the net.
This was a huge mistake that I really regret to have done !!
When arriving to the reception of your hotel in the morning, the front desk person had a difficulty to find my reservation ( I am travelling privately with my wife and not in group which seems to be 98% of your clients). The room was not ready, which could be understood. The from desk manager ask me to pay the fees that I was paid already when reserving the roon.
Based on the fact that I had no rubbles – coming directly from Paris and Helsinki – I was asking where I could use the cash distributor to get rubles ? The from desk person said that in the hotel there is no such a distributor and that you have to go in the nearest bank approx. 20 minutes to walk. I spend 1 hour to get cash and when I arrived to the hotel I realized that there was a such a machine approx. 3 meters from the front desk !!
Then arriving the front desk asked me to give my credit card to have a print for the future expenses (the room was already paid when reserved). When I wanted to sign my diner to the hotel bill , it was refused based on the fact that there was no credit card line unregistered !!
We left our room the 8th of June at 09.00 am and when we came back at 16.00 (4 PM) the room was not made.
In the evening of the same day my wife found out that her night dress was stolen
There is some persons in your hotel who knows about what is really actually happening in your hotel and thanks for their kindness and professionalism the clients are not running away immediately !!
With all that that I have mentioned here above, do you think that someone could select your hotel today ??
For your information I will send this mail also for the Managing Director of SOKOS hotel in Finland to inform him about the 0 level of your hotel service !!
With my best regards
Paavo Wiro
Consul of Finland

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaavoFinalnde
Anastasia K, Front Office Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Mr. Wiro,

On behalf of the whole team here at the Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. We are committed to the highest customer service standards; however, we have clearly failed to meet this with you on this occasion.

It is very disappointing to hear that you faced unacceptable hospitality problems in Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky during your stay. Please be assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and the action plan will be implemented immediately.
Please don’t take it as excuse and purely for your information the reception person who checked you in had worked for the company for only 2 weeks. Of course, it does not mean that it is normal and the induction processes will be corrected in order to make sure that every guest would face our regular service and the newcomers would have constant assistant on the spot.
Registration support fee (200 RUB, approx. 2.5 Euro), which should be paid by every foreign guest to be registered in the hotel. In all individual room reservations, that fee is usually not included. It is our standard procedure to inform guests about that fee.
I do most sincerely apologize for the information regarding ATM machine. After studying the matter, we found out that this error was the result of misunderstanding as receptionist offered you the way to the currency exchange office.
Please accept my apologizes that you were not able to close your restaurant bill in the evening. Your credit card details were attached to the reservation but due to the system malfunction that information was not reflected in restaurant system.

According to our hotel chain standard operational procedure, we do make room refreshing daily until 6 PM. Due to our internal investigation your room was cleaned at 4.25 PM.

The situation with the night dress is something extraordinary for our hotel. We are ready to proceed with internal investigation and I would be grateful if you provide me with more information regarding that issue.

Once again, your feedback has been taken very seriously and I have already discussed your disappointing experience with the relevant team members.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

With best regards,
Pavel Ivoylov
Executive Assistant Manager
Pavel.Ivoylov@sok.fi

Reviewed 23 July 2018

nice clean rooms comfortable beds
tasty breakfast good location to all the city
sights the puzb has good beer
and a limited selection of pub food
the olives are special everyone has to try
in the restaurant there was nice table to play usual family games

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience at Solo Sokos Hotel Vasilievsky. We are delighted to know that you were totally satisfied and happy with your stay at our hotel. It is a pleasure for us to receive such a positive feedback from our guests! We highly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to St. Petersburg.