1,243 results
All reviews across the river red square st basil red caviar basil's cathedral beautiful hotel perfect location moskva river kremlin view breakfast buffet is business trip four nights rooms are large st petersburg concierge gum luxury
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Baltschug Kempinski between 18-22 September 2017. Unfortunately on the morning of 20 September, I found out my mascara was taken away from may make up bag in my room. I had contacted guest relations immediately. They informed me they would investigate and let me know. After 2 days, on the day of my departure I was offered free ironing by Housekeeping which obviously made no sense. When I traveled back home on 22nd september and unpacked; I found out my hermes silk scarf was also missing. Already having experienced it for the first time, I felt really terrible since I was kilometers away from the hotel. When I contacted the hotel, I talked with a lady who has informed me they would investigate. on 26th September, they reached out to me and requested the "General liability loss notification" form to be filled. After I had filled the form and shared all the details, they got back to me it would take up to 14 days. And on 9th October, they wrote back to me telling me that the insurance company refused to make a payment. And I should have contacted the police on the day of the incident!!!! If I was informed to do so, I would have called the police. I was never informed. I may share all the official emails they have sent to me. First of all this incident took place in a Kempinski Hotel. Secondly, we were there for business for 5 days about 20 people from a global company. We were at the hotel the whole week for meetings. And the incident happened while we were in the meetings downstairs. Somebody in my room touched my belongings and even stole them from my room. The frustation caused is unfogettable. Those 2 things are unfortunately stolen from my room. And unfortunately I can not prove it. The hotel should know who entered my room during my stay. If the interview the staff I am sure they would find out my belonings. If you consider the fact is real, someone is not telling the truth. I have never ever experienced such an incident whole my life.

Upon my several submissions, GM Baltschug contacted me regarding the incident sating sorry and ofering 2 nights for free!!!!
I fully respect the investigation you had held, but can't stop thinking how you could prove they were not stolen if you can not watch inside the room with a camera. Both objects are very easy to be hidden on beneath clothes which obviously has happened.- if and only if I was not lying. As working professional, I would never and ever blaim a cleaning lady for a mascara and a scarf. We all work for different reasons and I would never would like to blame a cleaning lady if I was not sure. Thank you for your the offer for a free stay at the same hotel, however I would not want to stay in Baltschug Kempinski for another time....
Besides my will, since I live in another country, it is physically not possible for me to accept the offer you had made. I am deeply sorry you offered something you know I can not accept! The scarf that was stolen was very valuable for me and staying at your hotel would not bring my scarf back. such a situation would not solve the issue and never bring my loss back. If you think youhad already offered free stay for my loss, I am sorry but this is not how you can apologize.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank travelercerok
Hotel-Baltschug, Генеральный директор at Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Mrs Oksuz,

Thank you for your feedback. We’d like to reassure you once more that we do take these allegations very seriously and would be happy to continue our discussions on this matter with you by phone.

The safety and well-being of our guests is our number one priority and we are committed to ensuring all of our guests have a positive experience with every stay at the Hotel Baltschug Kempinski and every other Kempinski hotel. We make every effort to ensure guests’ needs are catered for and expect our staff to adhere to the highest standards of customer service at all times.

With kindest regards,
Oliver Eller

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Stayed as a couple for two days beginning of February, 2018.

Check in was pleasant. They did manage to upsell me to a Grand Deluxe Room with the promise we could immediately check in (it was about 8:30 am). But the woman at the desk was polite and helpful and spoke good English. The lobby itself is very charming with pillars, a spiral staircase and many art exhibits and rare bottles of liquor and wine behind glass.

The room was extremely nice, with an entry hall, much closet space, large television, desk, large bed, and, most impressively, an excellent view directly on the Moscow River and to the Kremlin and St. Basil's. The bathroom had a large shower and separate tub, with every toiletry you could possibly need. There is free water and a (paid) min-bar, as well as a safe. It is a bit tacky that there are so many items around the room (even a plug adapter) that have little placards next to them with prices to purchase and sales pitches. Just seems out of place for what is a high class establishment. Also, the wi-fi had a tendency to get slow at times.

The spa with pool, sauna and jacuzzi tub was wonderful. Although, unlike in many European countries, the saunas are separated from one another by gender locker rooms. The pool is also a plunge type and not heated. I will say the young girl manning the desk in the afternoon both days we were there was stoic and almost seemed put out when guests would come in. Probably the only employee that wasn't friendly.

The breakfast (not inclusive) was really good, with a great selection of everything you could want, including red caviar, if that is your thing. It is very pricey, though (about 40 euros each). Service is also excellent.

When we made use of the concierge for tips on tours and such, she went the extra mile and texted me later when she found the information we needed.

Overall, the location and ambience of this hotel is top notch. It is a bit on the higher end of the price scale, but it does live up to its pedigree as a five star hotel, despite a small hiccup or two. I would certainly consider staying there again.

Room tip: Get a room with a view of St. Basil's and the Kremlin, if possible.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2018

A very comfortable hotel just across the bridge from Red Square. The service is excellent and the rooms very well appointed. The breakfast buffet is comprehensive and well presented, with a chef on hand to do your eggs as you like.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the Kempinski Baltschug back in December for a family gathering, we’d been before and liked it so much we decided to return again to make it a Christmas tradition, and we weren’t disappointed. The General Manager Oliver and his team were simply outstanding. They made our stay extremely special buy giving us rooms overlooking Red Square and the Kremlin, as-well as catering for anything we needed. The rooms have been renovated recently and they really encapsulate the feeling of the soviet era coupled with a fresh new modern twist. All of the restaurants serve amazing food and no request is ever too much. Particularly, we’d recommend the Baltshug Grill and also nearby Bjorn and the Ukrainian restaurants. We will 100% be returning and highly recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in Moscow.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I can say only good things about Kempinski, because it matches all my expectations - perfect location, well trained stuff and perfect rooms with good breakfast and room service.
The only minus was noise - since there were lot of tourists and business travelers, it was a bit noisy. I would not stay here if I had to pay , but for business travelers this is good place.
Since I speak Russian, I did not had any issues with communication, stuff speaks good English, not sure about other languages.

Date of stay: January 2018