Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya
US$654
Aquamarine Hotel(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$633
Hotwire.com
Mercure Moscow Paveletskaya(Moscow)(Great Value!)
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Sovietsky Historical Hotel(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$249
Hotwire.com
Novotel Moscow City(Moscow)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
US$1,065
2,482 results
All reviewsseven sistersthe executive loungetrain stationred squarest petersburghistoric buildingstalin erabeautiful hotelhigh ceilingslobby barrooms are niceconcierge servicebusiness tripskyscrapersstopstaxienglish
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Me & my family stayed at this Hilton for 5 nights and I felt like I was in a palace instead of a hotel! The decor & architecture of the hotel is gorgeous. The staff is pleasant & attentive. The rooms are nicely appointed, the executive lounge is one of the best we've stayed in anywhere in the world. The location is great, it is an easy walk to the train station & to the metro station. The only thing I would recommend is to ask for a room off the main road we could hear street noise now & again, but would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, the only Hilton hotel in Moscow, on your trip.

I am very delightful to learn we succeeded in making your stay enjoyable. We appreciate your taking a moment to share your impression about the hotel with us and leaving such gracious comments! We value each Guest and each comment is of great importance for us as they help us to constantly improve our services and provide our Guests with a most positive experience.

Thank you very much once again. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

Just got back today from a week in Moscow. Stayed at the Hilton (got a great deal of $125 a night on Hotels.com) and thought it was wonderful. The lobby is impressive and the building is magnificent when lit up at night. Free wifi for Hilton gold, otherwise it's expensive. Prices within hotel are very high but there are stores/convenience stores nearby so can have drinks and snacks in the room for a reasonable price. A number of restaurants are close by in almost every direction, including Subway and McDonalds for those who need fast food. Metro is close by but you need at least a rudimentary knowledge of the cyrillic alphabet and if you have that, it is easy to go anywhere. We speak no Russian but were able to get around and order food/buy items by pointing at what we wanted. I was in Moscow during Soviet days and it's amazing how Westernized the city is now. Almost any store you can find in the States can be found in Moscow. Hilton room was spacious, well appointed and clean. We asked for a 220 volt to 110 volt converter and were given one at the desk. Easily arranged for a cab to the airport with the concierge for this morning. We took a city cab for 2500 roubles in lieu of the hotel car which was 3600 roubles. I watched the concierge help people with directions and restaurant reservations. Moscow can be daunting if you don't speak Russian but once you figure out the Metro it is easy to get around and this hotel was 4 stops from Red Square and everything else we wanted to see was easily accessible by Metro. You can memorize the first few letters of a subway stop's name and count off the number of stations before you go.....

Room Tip: Rooms higher up can have a great view....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drbench400

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, the only Hilton hotel in Moscow, on your trip!

It is a great pleasure to read your review, thank you very much for your kind words and compliments! I am very delightful to learn that we succeded in providing you with enjoyable and positive experience and I will certainly share your gracious comments with all the Team Members.

We sincerely hope to see you as our Guest again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The Hilton Leningradskaya is one of Stalin's Seven Sisters and you cannot fail to be impressed by the stature and grandeur of the hotel inside and out. The sheer size of the building is impressive and the welcome I received from the receptionists was equal to that (impeccable English as well), It is impossible not to get a sense of the building's history whilst walking through the sumptuous lobby and seating area to get to the lifts.
I see some reviewers have commented on the fact that it is not in the city centre; however, the city is so big and expansive that it was almost a relief to escape just 10 mins North of Red Square to the hotel. Having said that, personally I think the location is ideal for gaining access to the main tourist attractions and is also more convenient for the Sheremetyevo airpot in the North (unfortunately I flew from Domodedevo airport which is in the South - a word of warning, leave yourself at least 4 hours prior to your flight to get to the airport as the notorious Moscow traffic is as bad as, if not worse than, its reputation.
Thankfully I stayed at the hotel on business so did not have to stump up the price for the hotel which was extremely expensive (but standard for 5* in Moscow) but for the price the rooms were not as spacious as I would have expected (no space for a bath in the bathroom although the shower was incredible). To counter that, the rooms were tastefuly decorated, impeccably clean and the bedding was so comfortable.
I can definitely recommend the food in the hotel,the pumpkin and ricotta soup was incredible.
If you are looking for a luxurious trip, where money is no object I would look no further than the Hotel Leningradskaya.

2  Thank christophe13

We highly appreciate your kind review! It is a great pleasure to learn that you liked the hotel and found it a nice place to stay at. It is especially flattering to read your comments on our staff, our team members always strive to provide our guests with enjoyable and a most pleasant experience.

Thank you very much for your visit once again. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

There is no doubt that the Hilton Leningradskaya is an iconic building. It dominates the surrounding area. Inside the lobby is impressive and the rooms have been fitted out to a good standard.

However, the the reason it dominates the local skyline is that it is not in the centre of Moscow. Sure, it is just a few minutes metro ride into town, but for those not familiar with Moscow's metro system it can be a little daunting, and taking a car into town can be an arduous journey.

The Soviet nature of the basic infrastructure of the building eventually begins to grate. From the fact that the lifts are up some stairs, to the plumbing, to the layout of the floors, nothing is quite as it should be in a high grade hotel. The novelty of staying in one of the Seven Sisters begins to wear off pretty swiftly.

On the plus side, the detractions of the hotel mean that it is typically priced $100-300 a night cheaper than the Marrotts that are in the centre of town and of equivalent standing.

If you want a city centre hotel with everything just so, pay up and stay at the either Marriotts. If you would rather save money and can read enough Russian to navigate the metro, stay at the Hilton.

2  Thank millergeoff
Beginen, General Manager at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, the only Hilton hotel in the Moscow city centre, on your trip!

We very much appreciate your kind review, each Guest's feedback is of great importance to us! We sincerely hope that you had positive experience at our hotel and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back at Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip, and was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and English level of all the staff. No exceptions.

I read some complaints about the slow lifts, but I did not experience that at all. The first 3 days I used the normal lifts with hardly any delay, after which I discovered the lift on the ground floor next to the luggage desk. This one only goes to the 6th floor, but is (because of that) always available.

I stayed on the 6th floor as a Gold member and had access to the Executive lounge. Very pleasant! Good fingerfood, soup and drinks available for free there. Also here very pleasant staff.
Although I could have breakfast in this lounge as well, I preferred to go to the restaurant because:
- there is more choice
- in the lounge you always see the same people :)

The lounge on the ground floor is really worth a stay. Look up to see the chandeleirs and the wooden ceiling. Just a pity that it still allowed to smoke there.

The room is good although the bathroom doesn't have a bath. I don't mind as I find it a waste of time and water, but I can imagine that some guests would find that a negative point.
Lovely beds, nice pillows and a nice big tv.

I'm very positive about this hotel, like most of the reviewers, but I have to report a small negative. In my room 629 the window did not close properly. No problem for me, as I like to sleep with the window open, despite the noise and cold. It is noisy in this room as it is on the street side. I reported this to the concierge, who asked if an engineer should come immediately. I didn't find that necessary, but the window didn't get fixed during my stay.

Room Tip: If you like to have a quiet room ask for those on the inside away from the streets.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya, the only Hilton hotel in the Moscow city centre, on your business trip!

We highly appreciate your review. We sincerely hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will see you again as our Guest. We appreciate your compliments on all the points you mentioned.

Still it is saddening to learn that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay. Let me mention that not all the rooms of the hotel are equipped with bath tubs but we will be glad to offer you a room with a bath tub if you let us know of your preferences while booking a room or upon check-in.

Please accept my apologies for the failure to fix the window, we will certainly make sure that such situations will not occur in the future.

Thank you once again. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Moscow!