All reviews domodedovo airport metro station red square direct train nice hotel great breakfast buffet minute walk hotel is located four star within easy walking distance quiet area across the river hotel bar short stay main attractions comfortable rooms wi fi
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

I am staying for company workshop held in the hotel. The room and food are nice. Friendly hotel staff from reception until house keeper. Hotel are in good location isolated from busy Moscow street but little bit far walking to nearest public transport

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2015

In visiting Moscow, I chose the Katerina Hotel because of its proximity to our company office in Moscow, its price point, and recommendations from colleagues who live in Moscow. It is located about an hour drive from the Domodedeva airport.

The hotel is located along side a canal which is an artery of the Moscow River. I visited this hotel in September so it was not yet cold in Moscow, and I could walk to our office. The hotel is not located in a tourist area, but rather a business district. A subway is located a 20 minute walk from the hotel, which I did not try.

The room I had was small even by European standards. There was room enough for a single bed, and that's it. A small shower and sink were located off to the side. It was like living in a closet. I stayed at this hotel once before and also had a small room similar to this one.

Wifi was available but did not consistently work. The room was also located near a stairwell and so I could hear people talking in the hallway at night. The room is good enough if you are on business and just need a bed to sleep in. The room I had is not suitable for traveling as a tourist or with another person.

Breakfast is included with the room, and the food was standard - eggs, sausage, potatoes, breads, fruit, etc. I had dinner several times and they served decent "home cooked" dishes - I even tried the Russian version of beef stroganoff which was similar to that found in the states.

In summary, the room worked for me as I was bone tired on a business trip and needed a basic room. At the time of the trip the Russian Ruble was devalued and the hotel was very affordable. As a hotel for tourists, there are probably better choices.

Room Tip: Look for a room on the second or 3rd floor facing the canal
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Natalia S, Генеральный директор at Katerina City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear Chris M,
thank you for staying at Katerina City. We appreciate your detailed review of the hotel.
The hotel really located in the business district, but it takes only 30-40 minutes to get to Red Square by walk (or only 2 stops by metro). Metro station is only 10 minutes walking.
I'm really sorry you felt uncomfortable in your room. I would recommend you to book a Medium room, which is larger and facing the canal.
At the end I would like to thank you for "A hotel with a unique personality”.
Look forward to welcoming back soon.
Natalia Sadyrova, GM

Reviewed 24 December 2015

Despite the good location (10 min by food from the Metro Station with direct connection to the aeroport Domodedeva) )and the cleaningness of the rooms, the main point is the always friendly and always supporting stuff of the Hotel. `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Reviewed 21 December 2015

The only review I could do is about breakfast where the quality of the bread is not good at all. The white bread is dry and not tasty and the croissant are with margarin and not butter. The other meals of breakfast are good.
I think also that one fruit and one cake could be available free in each room, for the price it could be an advantage.
Regards,
Hugues

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I just had 2 nights at Katerina City hotel but I have no big complaints. Staff at reception was very nice, friendly and could speak good english. I had a larger room with even a sauna in it that I did not use this time. Next time?

Room comfy but I would like to have a few extra pillows available since I like to sleep higher with my head. Maybe if I order from reception that would have been available?

Nothing to complain about cleanliness and general layout. But if you have a hotel with some many positive things it somewhat surprises me when then there is a miss in smaller details. Or maybe not so small! Bathroom is really important area for us that travel a lot. It is a very important room for shower and get in shape again. In my room all was well with bathroom except there was no shelves to place things around the basin! You have all your little things and nowhere to put them! Very very odd indeed and quite irritating. For a woman even more so I guess since they have makeup etc.

This time I took the small bedside table and put it by the basin and that worked ok. But really - install bathroom shelves! That should be very easy and quick and improve a lot.

There was a very poor selection of satellite channels to chose from. And the set was very small.

The restaurant is ok, without being any special. You can eat there but dont expect a great culinary experience. The so called bar is an odd place as well. Not barlike at all and in direct connection with entrance and reception. Not cosy or intimate at all. I would change it if I was the manager.

But all in all a nice place I would have no problem returning to. My small issues are things that they can improve on easily and then be a really top place!