“Lovely wedding venue”
Review of Pumpkin Hill

Pumpkin Hill
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh Local Produce and Wines with a beautiful view in an 1820s farmhouse.
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I am sorry to hear that Pumpkin Hill is now only open for catered events. I would have loved to return for another meal. We attended a lovely wedding reception at Pumpkin Hill over the weekend. Pumpkin Hill is a beautiful venue overlooking Cayuga Lake. The sunset was perfect the night of the reception! The food was a pleasant surprise, not your typical wedding menu. We were treated to a delicious buffet of BBQ spareribs, BBQ chicken, pulled pork, pasta salad with roasted vegetables, tossed salad and corn bread. Staff was friendly and attentive. Appetizers consisted of cheese, crackers, fruit and a unique pretzel bar with three different toppings. A wonderful evening and memorable wedding!

1  Thank Katherine8183

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We always loved this restaurant...great food, service etc. Unfortunately they have decided to close their doors to their regular restaurant and only open for venues which is great for weddings, etc but not good for those of us who would love a nice restaurant around this area that is desperate for this type of place. :(

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

They are now allegedly a "special event" only venue. They accepted my reservation for a party of 8 for my daughter's college graduation May 27th. One week before the date they sent an email saying due to licensing issues they would not be able honor the reservation. This was after requiring me to give them my credit card to hold the reservation.
After they cancelled, I tried calling several times(no answer) and also emailed them asking for more information(also no response) or a restaurant recommendation for a very, very busy graduation weekend.

I would never rely on them for your special event. I can only imagine if they cancelled a wedding reception with little notice.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

At last visit, new chef,menu limited, higher priced and smaller plates not available. Meals were excellent and atmosphere on the deck much enjoyed..We all would like to see more varied menu.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I had the duck and she had the salmon. The Proud Red was good pairing. Also had the roots appetizer. The old country house is very nice. Also good to stroll around the property