US$38
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfriendly and attentive servicepicture takinglocal friendsfamily orientedromantic placegarden areagreat amenitiestake picturesclean roomsovernight stayswimming poolnice poolweddingsubdivisionpoolsidefunctionhuts
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I've been a sunset chaser for almost how many years already. If you want a pool under the coconut trees while looking at the sunset this is the place for you. Sunset angle spot on and a beautiful islet like that you can do some photo shoot with friends too. They can't promise you a quiet place though since many are going to this place every weekends to unwind as well. There is a bar/resto (poolside) and good food too. You can bring food if you want as well. But got no question with the food but a little with the price. If you are here for a sunset moment, better yet bring something to eat so you don't have to buy any food anymore. I usually go here like 3PM so others will be going home by 4 or 5PM and voila you can enjoy the whole pool all by yourself (this depends still if you're going on a weekend) With the rooms, everything are good nothing exceptional really, just a normal room with normal price around Bacolod as well.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank trojanx01
Reviewed 3 June 2017

Given the chance to experience a special party at Palmas Del Mar, I will never forget the beautiful scenery, especially during sunset. The open cottage near the shore, the swimming pool with the cute slide.
It was Christmas time and everybody were so busy with their gifts, we held the party at the playground at 5 pm. It was a perfect spot for games and picture taking.
I got the chance to take pictures and I can't wait to share it with you guys ...

Room Tip: best views are in front of the beach, in front of the pool and near the playground.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank aging13
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

I called the night before and told them I needed rooms for 23 family members including myself and 5 children under 3 . We purchased all suites because money wasn't a problem but then that's when it all went bad . I was told by the manager after 20 people I would have to pay 400 pesos per person ..... again not a problem money was not the issue I had enough to buy out the hotel . BUT THEY NEVER SAID WHO EVER WASNT STAYING THE NIGHT HAD TO LEAVE BY 10 I was told each room was good for 6-7 people . So they tried to charge me for the rest , they attempted to charge me $21,000 pesos which is almost $600 in e

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Larry C
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This resort is a good place if you want to relax but within the city. They have 4 swimming pools and many rooms and villas to choose. They have a wide garden area that you could set an event and function halls also. But I really just love there pool. In order to get to the resort I suggest to have a private car or take a taxi because it will take you all the way to the resort, but if you will take jeepney you will need to walk all the way to the resort entrance maybe 10 to 15 minutes walking.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank TinFaith L
Reviewed 27 December 2016

My partner and I stayed at the Palmas Del Mar from 20 Dec - 27 Dec 2016 . The positives is we had the island pool room which is Okay but its very noisy so we didn't get much sleep during our 7 day stay (keep in mind if you wish to stay somewhere to relax don't stay here its noisy as) . They don't tell you on the website BUT you cant walk to the front gate so you have pay every time you wish to go anywhere either a bike to the gate then a jeepney into town or get a taxi to go into town then vice versa so that's ridiculous . Also they didn't point out on their website that you will be charged a fee if you bring food from outside of the resort (as says the photo that I have posted) so we did the right thing and bought food and drinks from the resort (its kinda blackmail being forced to buy food in the Resort and enough for a place to be sued) The food at the resort is pre -made and reheated in a microwave . . out of 5 Id give it a 2 and there's not much of a variety . The service was okay but nothing overly special . The photos on the website of the pool area and resort grounds make it out to be absolutely awesome .. its okay but far from awesome , I could walk the whole resort grounds in 10 minutes it's small . On our final day there was a wedding taking place , nobody informed us .. nobody bothered showing the main guests the courtesy in telling us . We are paying guests , the whole resort was covered by the wedding set up so we couldn't utilize the grounds . We came here to relax not to hear 8 hours (4pm - 12am) of loud music yahooing etc . I'm not a party pooper BUT I'd rather they didn't book us for our last day instead leave it for a day for the Wedding with no other guests , rather absent minded and greedy of the owners I think . We called reception 4 times so did other guests to shut off the music and finally they did at midnight . In a nutshell Palmas Del Mar is over rated , their website is false and misleading with pretty pictures . Okay for a 1-2 day stay for the experience and move on . I wouldn't stay here again there are better resorts in Negros Oriental / Negros Occidental . I'd appreciate it if the Resort didn't reply with a lame apology as at the end of the day they couldn't care less while we were there and on leaving . thanks for reading !

Room Tip: this is a noisy place so regardless the room it will be noisy
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple