All reviewsfunction roombreakfast buffetroom servicefacing the streetother hotelsthe air conditioningtwistweddingadventballroomflooringshampoopax
Reviewed 14 July 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Sugarland Hotel in Bacolod for 2 nights while attending an event held at the hotel. We stayed in a suite, which gave us plenty of room to relax and was much appreciated since we stayed inside the hotel for a majority of our stay as the event we attended was located in the ballroom of the same hotel. The room was clean and wifi available in both the room and throughout the hotel. The only slight issue was that our room was facing the street out front and there is considerable noise due to it being a busy street for the city. Luckily we are not light sleepers so it didn't impact our stay, however I would suspect it would for anybody sensitive to noise.

Check in was very easy and the staff were always helpful and accommodating. The food was good and reasonably priced for being inside a hotel. We ate in the restaurant, the breakfast buffet, and room service and were not disappointed during any meal. The breakfast buffet does not have many items to choose from, but what they had was very good so we had no issue.

We were very happy with our stay at the Sugarland Hotel and will definitely check out the availability next time we come to Bacolod.

Room Tip: There is noise from the street, so better to request a room not facing the street if sensitive to noises.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here as part of a business trip. I was expecting more of the hotel and rooms to be honest. Receptionists are not very engaging and sometimes rude by ignoring you when stood at the desk.

The rooms are very dated and in desperate need of updating. The bed was lumpy and the air conditioning was non existent only a small retro fit unit which blew like an asthmatic with a cough.

The plus side is that this was cheap and convenient to my office.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Their food is the best hotel food for me so far. The staff are somehow friendly but sometimes they are nit accommodating. Their function rooms are ok. They ahve renovated I think a couple of their function room and I appreciate the changes. The hotel needs a make over.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight to attend a wedding. The rooms are ok... Although its quite obvious they dont wipe the furniture (see photo). The top wasnt wiped, either. Breakfast was average, although food in their restaurant was good. For some reason theres no free water in the room and there is nowhere nearby to buy water (except for the bottled water in the resto).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Facade of the hotel is quite charming and quaint. Although the inside feels and looks quite dated.

The rooms and bathrooms are average. Beds ok but a little lumpy. Bathrooms are average. Lack toilettries though. We were two guests in one room but the toilettries are only good for one. I asked the front desk to send up one more set, it never came. I called their attention when we were checking out. The face of the front desk personnel looked like "oh no, i forgot". Although they apologized.

Breakfast is not good. Breakfast patty tasted like tough rubber. We ordered for dinner and drinks on our first night, there was only one waiter serving the whole resto. Our orders took nearly an hour to complete.

So my assessment is the hotel needs a facelift and the staff needs serious training.

I stayed here twice last year on an official business trip.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business