“Nope”

The Sugarland Hotel
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I booked for this hotel because I have nowhere else to go. My two top choices are already on full occupancy and I immediately click the bait coz the price is affordable (strd room 2,500).even on maskara festival rate.
As soon as i stepped out of the vehicle the guard/bell boy just stood there and did not assist us on our luggage. Second I informed the clerk that I have a reservation (which is under my name) and I was replied by a "what mam?". no courtesy or whatsoever. Third, as soon as i get my key card Im left dumbfounded as it is my first time to check in at sugarland I was not informed what to do next. I was not told where the stairs are, or even the elevator. My room is on the second floor but i have two baggages and Im with my 5 year old child. No one , and i mean no one came to assist us plus The front desk did not even ask for any assistance from anyone around to carry our things.
Im not at all satisfied and because of this I have a problem thinking about the experience that I cant Relax and I sleep at night overthinking and comparing Sugarland to other hotels. I am so glad that I'll be home tomorrow coz i kept wondering,, do we deserve to be treated a little bit unspecial because we.paid for the standard room?
but anyways, I really wanna go home Where i can lay on my comfy bed, cuddle with my child at night because by then, I wont have any arguments with my husband Just because they put us at the farthest corridor near the fire exit where there is no.signal.for mobile data and where there is horrendously poor internet connection.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The hote is conveniently located, a wslking distance from city mall goldenfields where you could have everuthing that you need, food, atm machines, groceries, bars and even doa services. The hotel though is a bit old and reslly smells like one. The food is fair and the waiters are attentive. The room just like other hotels tryies to save on space, toiletries very basic, a piece of soap, sachet of shampoo and a roll of toilet paper. The phone was out of order all throughout our two days of stay just like their toilet bowl that requires some repair. I will not vrecommend this hotel to peole who are a bit picky unless all other hotels in the vicinity are fully booked.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

This used to be one of Bacolod's top hotel when Goldenfields was still THE place to go to in Bacolod and the airport was still around the corner. However, with the advent of malls and newer hotels, Sugarland has taken a backseat to some extent. What's good though is that it retained its personality. Add to that refurbishments of the rooms while retaining their rustic feel with the furniture and the flooring. The feel is the same as in their heydays and when I first stayed 20 years ago.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Pls dont ever book here sugarland hotel worst hotel my room is 4,500 and its very dirty
Breakfast is terrible , food is so cold then i ask the waiter if he can get me a little food in the kitchen just very little coz i cant eat cold food
The food was served has hair , front office reservation they hold us in the lobby for an hour checking in at 4pm because they said our room is not yet clean when we went to our room our room very dirty ewwww

My name is diana tan

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Very nice room..room is suite one with small balcony. Shower is somewhat clogged.
Use the room during our wedding so we have used the shower lot.
Qeeen sized bed and room is located in far end of 3rd floor..

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family