“Their website to check in on line sucks,, warning use it at your own risk”

The Sugarland Hotel
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Bacolod
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Never got to get booked they notified my bank to put a hold on my US bank debit card and for me to call long distance to get it back, I had to fill out the info to book and then they set me another form to rebook thru a secure on line site and then said my info didn't match, I have no idea where the first form went to or how much the unsecure site cost me,
I tried to call their local PH phone # but unable to get thru,

Room Tip: Check in a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mike k

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Beware of checking in at this hotel, they will require you to post a security deposit. In my case I gave my credit card as a guarantee for the security deposit and upon checking out, the person on the front desk told me that everything is settled and ok, after a month my credit card statement arrived and I was surprised that the hotel charged me P5,000 representing the security deposit. I called them up around 4 or 5 times and the one I talked to named Daniel assured me they will credit it back, as of this writing Feb. 8, 2017, they have not done so. Avoid this hotel but if you still decide to stay, use cash as a security deposit. I hope mine was just an isolated case.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank rdf08
Reviewed 1 February 2017

The Sugarland Hotel is such a good place to stay when you are in Bacolod.

The staff and crew are very hospitable and friendly. The food at the buffet breakfast are great too.

I enjoyed our stay in this hotel which lasted for two days!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riyadhventourista
Reviewed 30 January 2017

We stayedd one night at the Sugerland Hotel. The hotel sits on a busy road close to the centre of Bacolod. Open arrival two large functions were in full swing. Upon checking into our room, the noise from the swimming pool area was intolerable, and sleeping would have been impossible. After negotiations at reception we were upgraded to a delux suite, whuch was very pleasent with indoor ensuite shower room. A couple of issues: We were not able to use the pool as the area was being used for a wedding reception. We also enquired at reception to undertake some excursoins however they never got back to us on this. Breakfast was poor, with very limited choice. One final thing, the hotel clearly had recently increased their prices but made the mistake of leaving the old prices in the room brochure. This hotel is very average in most areas.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philip S
Reviewed 1 January 2017

I stay in this hotel last December 27-29 to attend a wedding ceremony together with my family. The staff are nice and efficient (prompt whatever and whenever I have request especially when I need clothes for ironing they accepted it even it is already late night and I need it in the morning)

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Asiatravel.com