All reviews budget hotel free breakfast small room third floor wi fi cable tv silog router linens
Reviewed 29 August 2018

It literally was our last resort. All the nicer hotels were full. And the guy that says he sound's like a salesman for the. I believe he has to be. Because any reputable business that valued their clients or employees would not book here. The other reviews that say it's hard to find, get to etc are correct. Basically a clueless front desk personnel. And an extremely rude woman behind the door on the left who has the most unpleasant and unattractive expression it seems permanently glued to her face. Food was not good at all on the two occasions we tried it. Once room service totally messed our order up. Called to inform them, but they assured us it was fish and not chicken. So in lieu of arguing we wrote it off. A little while later there was a knock on the door with a man there with the change from the difference in price and said the chef made a mistake. "Chef" that's a stretch! The second time we ate downstairs. Nothing to good to speak of. As for the location it is hard to find on one side of the motel there's a salvage yard the other sides ghetto area's. Also it's down a narrow dark street all types walking up and down. Won't be back and don't recommend.

Room Tip: Really cheap and deservingly so!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 221travelcritic101
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Good value for money if you need a place closer to the airport. You still need to take a Grab to the airport, but you'll skip the traffic of Cebu. Service is good and the restaurant serves nice and cheap food. If you walk to the main road you'll find more restaurants, malls, pharmacy, atm...Otherwise not much to do and see.
Rooms are small but nice and clean, with working AC and good toilet (funny the window that permits to see from the bed into the shower).

Room Tip: Take room with window
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Most recently, I was in a group that stayed here on two occasions -- two rooms for one night, and 3 rooms for 3 nights. In both times, we were given the 5th floor rooms. Before I selected this hotel, I read the reviews and saw the complaints. But because the rooms were so inexpensive (about $10/person), I reserved them and expected the worst. However, I was surprised at how nice it all turned out. Let me address some of the complaints here:

1) Bad location. I kind of understand this comment because it is somewhat out of the main street. However, it is not far from the street corner where you could catch a taxi. There is always a few men who are more than willing to help hail down a taxi for you there (they get commission from the taxi drivers so you don't have to worry about having to give him something). And near the hotel, there is a store where you can get the BEST exchange rate for your $100 bills. Also, I never felt danger walking around over there.

2) Bad rooms. I don't know what people are complaining about. If they want a 5 star hotel, then go there and pay the price! Yes, the hot water takes times to come out, and the shower doesn't have the best water pressure. And the mattress on our bed was a thin 8-inch memory foam like bed, but I didn't mind sleeping on it. The sheets and towel came with the price (not extra charge) and the room itself was clean. And during our 3-day stay, no one came to clean our room on a daily basis. I figure if I needed it, I could call the front desk and ask for it, but I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about anyone coming in while I was away. Also one of the rooms had an a/c leak and that never got addressed while we were there. I think if we wanted, we could have changed rooms for it.

3) Bad wifi signal. I had a mixed reaction to this one. On our first one night stay, the signal was quite bad and in most times, we couldn't get online. However, on our second stay. the signal was quite good and we were always connected online. I don't know what changed in the two weeks, but we had a terrific signal on the 5th floor. In any case, the SIM card for your smart phone is the way to go when you are here in Cebu. I got a SIM card for 3 weeks use with 1.5 gb data at the SM Mall for a little more than $6. You can't beat that!

I feel like a salesman for this hotel. Lol. If I come back to Cebu, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Great express hotel for a short one night stay. Everything you need without the frilld. Good customer service and wifi. Only down fall was not enough pillows. It was only $24/night for a one queen size bed. Very affordable and cheap. Will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

- Location
We needed a place to stay that would be near the airport for an late night and early morning flight. Going to the airport from Express Inn will take you less than 15 minutes.
The road leading to the hotel is narrow but Google location is accurate so that would be helpful. There are tricycles and taxis passing outside that could book to help you roam around the city.

- Room / CR / Aircon
The featured photos are accurate. The room has a relaxing feel when you come in with the help of the warm colored lights. White colored lights would have been a great option especially when needed to fix logistics.
The comfort room is fairly small but is well equipped with toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and soap. Warm shower is also available: perfect for a relaxing sleep.
The aircon for our room is working fine; the aircon in our friends’ room beside ours is dripping water inside the room.

- Food
We booked the standard double room with breakfast for about Php950–good deal enough since breakfast is already included. It’ll save you from the hassle of going out early in the morning to look for something to eat.
Breakfast is served from 6AM to 10AM. Option to have it prepared and packed early for early morning checkouts is also available.
Menu is the typical fish, pork, chicken served with egg and rice/bread. You could have either coffee (instant) or juice (powdered).
They have a different set of menu worth checking out too.

- Wifi
Since we got own mobile data allowances, we weren’t able to test the wifi connection but we’re told that connectivity is within the lobby only.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple