See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 September 2018

very slow internet all over the building

1 housekeeping staff at night is not enough to service all check-in guests which results any housekeeping concern will take hours to be accommocated

wifi connection needs to login from time to time

pricey food

good view but far from the downtown

poor customer service

most of the time no one is answering the housekeeping number

Tooooooo far from the city

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cadillak10
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I stayed here for 5 days during the first few weeks that this brand new 5 star hotel was open. Truely lovely place, great pools, xlnt gym with a full size basketball court!

Superb views (especially from the upper floors of the oceanside rooms) .

Maybe they have good wifi now but when I was there you had to get a wifi hotspot device from the front desk and if you are on seaside it won't work well or at all (maybe depending on how far up you are) but on front side probably it will and so I took my phone and laptop to the lobby restaurant to use the net.

Elevators were very slow even though only about 10% of the rooms were ready for occupation. This was partly due to the staff/service people using them which maybe no longer an issue as there was another elevator that was not yet ready. As noted by others the staff/management is just getting started on the steep learning curve so many rough spots in service but I found them very accommodating in many ways so I think that as always, reviews are heavily biased by people with issues due to their own bad personalities or just bad luck.

Rooms of course brand new and everything fine except that the lower corners of the wood bedframes were really sharp and I gashed myself on them several times.

As is common in 3rd world countries, the top few floors are sold as apartments but these people have their own pools and clubhouse which you can see in front of the hotel.

No beach here and dangerous to try to climb over the sharp rocks and strong currents at times but I think this is true of all the hotels nearby. Likewise for the transportation problems mentioned by others as the peninsula is about 15 min from any stores and about 30 min from any real shopping on Mactan or 45 min from Cebu City. The hotel will call you a taxi which I recommend as my half dozen tries to get Uber took up to 30 min and half the time they did not come as it was too far, especially at rush times. They really should put in a pier and use a fast boat to Cebu City since guests will be paying 5 star prices! As the other half dozen hotels and condos nearby have the same issue they should all get together for this.

As with many hotels worldwide they sell daypasses so whenever school is out (eg summer, christmas and weekends) you may see in invasion of kids which diminishes the otherwise superb tranquility and beauty of the large pool outdoor area. A nanny with ten kids came on Sunday and they stayed all day. However as always my earplugs blocked the noise and I had nice swims in the lovely adult pool nevertheless.

Good breakfast and meals (I had 12 guests to dinner once) and yes a bit slow but nobody had any complaints. Yes the prices are high but this is the newest and maybe the best of the 5 star hotels in Cebu City area. You will likely find a tranquility here that you will not elsewhere in Cebu City area. When they they get it all fixed up and running properly it will rate a full 5 stars but unless they redo the road or arrange a speedboat service be prepared for an hour each way to Cebu City center.

Room Tip: Seaside rooms and those on upper floors have best views but those on those on front probably have better wifi
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

As much as I like the staff ( friendly and respectful) but seriously this place have a very bad service. Just for example, waiting your food order will take almost or more than an hour. Very pricey too. Imagine for just a congee cost 250php. . It’s not easy to get a taxi in this area. Very far from everything even store. They have hotel store but almost empty. And the worst day was, when we were super hungry and wanted to order but only few food available because they said, it’s all finished from yesterday’s conference . What??? Isn’t it common sense to prepare food when you expect an impact of people due to conference? Seriously guys don’t stay in this hotel. They still need more years before the service will be polish. Lot of better hotels in Mactan or should I say, lot of best hotels in Mactan. And definitely this one is out. Oh the two points is because only of staff. :)))

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2018

We had a 3-day conference at Arterra. It was our first time there and it will be our last. No staff around to help. The food service takes too long and the servers seem untrained aside from being very noisy. On several occasions, several of our participants were not given snacks. Front desk never answers the phone, you have to go there personally. Food is too expensive, too little and not great. The location is too far and it takes too long to have the front desk get you a car. Worst hotel we have ever stayed in Cebu.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Karmilda
Reviewed 3 May 2018

After reviewing some of the reviews from other sites, I was hesitant to push thru with my family's 1 day vacation last weekend. However, since the reservation (thru phone) has already been confirmed and due to lack of options, we decided to push thru with our stay. Here are some of my comments regarding the hotel's services, facilities and overall experience.

1. Bed cover had red stains which my wife saw. The bed cover and pillows also smell old. We had to ask Front Desk to change the bed cover.

2. 300 pesos for a mango shake which was small in size!

3. Breakfast was not a typical breakfast, seems more like a lunch menu.

4. Everytime we entered the elevator, it shows water on the floor (potentially coming from customers who came from the pool area). I did see attendants removing the water inside the elevator on some occasions.

5. Upon check out, Front Desk did not even offer to have someone go to our room to help with our bags, which is a typical courtesy for hotels to provide to hotel guests. Me and my family had to bring all of our bags down to the Front Desk upon check out.

6. For a hotel that just opened a few months ago, keycard provided looks worn out, and only 1 keycard provided (which I assumed was done to prevent guests from leaving the electricity on while away from the room - lower down electricity costs).

One good thing we experienced was getting a complimentary room!

Overall, I would not recommend this to my friends or family members. Seems like the hotel is still on a "soft opening" phase.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family