All reviewsan older hotelcomplimentary airportcebu cityroom ratemactan
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Its an average hotel that has a clean pool and a room that has a clean toilet and nice ameneties and nice place to stay if you want to relax ..cold aircon and clean lobby and nice people or staff to talk to

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Nothing fancy but the price is cheap. Two single beds in the room, the AC was not plugged in and did not seem to cool the room very much. If you are on a tight budget it is okay for an overnight, but not a long stay.They do have a beautiful walkway leading up to the hotel entrance. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Due to sudden scheduled changes, this was a booking I made on the last minute, before my boyfriend and I went to Camotes Island. We were looking for a cheap place where we could stay for a night before taking a ferry to Camotes Island the next day. I booked their standard room, which was fairly cheap around 1.2k, online around 7 -8pm and immediately got a confirmation after. However, when we got to the hotel, around midnight, my boyfriend and I were informed that a.) they don't honor online last minute bookings, and b.) they didn't have any standard rooms available. I was aghast that I wasn't informed by booking.com of this policy and that the only available room was a superior room, which cost us around 1,9k.

Tired and disgruntled, my boyfriend and I opted for the room since it was really late and we were supposed to leave early the next day. Our room was on the second floor, and it was a good thing we didn't bring much because they have no elevators.

Once our room door was opened the smell, which I can only describe as same scent as the enclosed rooms of the old house on a heritage tour, wafted in the air. The room looked and smelled really old. This was one of those rooms in the 90's which had a really bad patch job. The design wouldn't be that bad if it was maintained really well.

It had cobwebbs on its low ceilings, the cabinets were dusty, and the carpet had stains and felt dirty that I refused to walk bare footed. The towel inside the bathroom had stains, as well as the bedsheets, the pillows and the comforter. They place an embroidered, decorative strip of tassled cloth, which smelled like it has just been taken out of the attic.

During breakfast, the food was okay but the chairs, old fashion, had stains on their covers. I was so disappointed with this hotel. I wouldn't have mind taht I have paid more than I intended to, if they have just maintained the rooms properly. Unfortunately, that was not the case. So, yeah, there are a lot of cheap hotels around this area, save yourself the money and the headache, don't book this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My second time in this hotel and travelled with a partner, yet they still put us on a two single bed room!!!! My boyfriend put on comments for a double bed upon booking, and this NOT friendly receptionist is not being so helpful or at least felt sorry for us that their only available is TWO SINGLE BED! SHE is making this hotel not a place to come back with...
There's no wifi in the room too! We are stuck in this hotel until the 7th, and sadly we can't get any refund when we cancel our next days stay...
The staff who pick us up in the airport is nice though.. But just really disappointed with the frontdesk who checked us in!
I hope the management will do something about it. We are also hoteliers, and we know how to deal with stuff like this.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann_nacubuan
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We arrived around 2 AM and left about 11 AM, so stayed 9 hrs. Room was small with two twin beds. As other reviewers pointed, the beds were in a poor state: specks and mosquito wings were scattered on the bedsheet. The table on which a TV stands were quite dirty with mosquitos and insect wings as well, we were scared to put anything there.

AC was extremely noisy. Quite efficient it was, so even on a weakest level, it turned very cold in the middle of the night. It was difficult, but I eventually managed to sleep. The first floor was semi-underground and the window was dirty so we had the curtain on. We did not dare take a shower. In the morning, we went out for a short look around the town. I did not feel very safe, although I am sure it is.

On a positive side, I was very grateful for the pick-up service at the Mactan airport. For the pick-up, I sent an e-mail to Bellavista Hotel, a neighboring (connected) hotel perhaps under the same management. Surprisingly, breakfast was nice compared to the room. Not the food itself, but the restaurant, which is in fact in the Bellavista Hotel. Also, the staff was in general very kind. Hotel wifi is available only at the lobby.

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels around the world, and Hotel Cesario is perhaps third worst or so (by far the worst was in London and the next in San Francisco). I think the hotel may only work for a stay shorter than half a day. Well, no matter what, it is cheap.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family