All reviews an older hotel complimentary airport cebu city room rate mactan
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Due to sudden scheduled changes, this was a booking I made on the last minute, before my boyfriend and I went to Camotes Island. We were looking for a cheap place where we could stay for a night before taking a ferry to Camotes Island the next day. I booked their standard room, which was fairly cheap around 1.2k, online around 7 -8pm and immediately got a confirmation after. However, when we got to the hotel, around midnight, my boyfriend and I were informed that a.) they don't honor online last minute bookings, and b.) they didn't have any standard rooms available. I was aghast that I wasn't informed by booking.com of this policy and that the only available room was a superior room, which cost us around 1,9k.

Tired and disgruntled, my boyfriend and I opted for the room since it was really late and we were supposed to leave early the next day. Our room was on the second floor, and it was a good thing we didn't bring much because they have no elevators.

Once our room door was opened the smell, which I can only describe as same scent as the enclosed rooms of the old house on a heritage tour, wafted in the air. The room looked and smelled really old. This was one of those rooms in the 90's which had a really bad patch job. The design wouldn't be that bad if it was maintained really well.

It had cobwebbs on its low ceilings, the cabinets were dusty, and the carpet had stains and felt dirty that I refused to walk bare footed. The towel inside the bathroom had stains, as well as the bedsheets, the pillows and the comforter. They place an embroidered, decorative strip of tassled cloth, which smelled like it has just been taken out of the attic.

During breakfast, the food was okay but the chairs, old fashion, had stains on their covers. I was so disappointed with this hotel. I wouldn't have mind taht I have paid more than I intended to, if they have just maintained the rooms properly. Unfortunately, that was not the case. So, yeah, there are a lot of cheap hotels around this area, save yourself the money and the headache, don't book this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My second time in this hotel and travelled with a partner, yet they still put us on a two single bed room!!!! My boyfriend put on comments for a double bed upon booking, and this NOT friendly receptionist is not being so helpful or at least felt sorry for us that their only available is TWO SINGLE BED! SHE is making this hotel not a place to come back with...
There's no wifi in the room too! We are stuck in this hotel until the 7th, and sadly we can't get any refund when we cancel our next days stay...
The staff who pick us up in the airport is nice though.. But just really disappointed with the frontdesk who checked us in!
I hope the management will do something about it. We are also hoteliers, and we know how to deal with stuff like this.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann_nacubuan
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We arrived around 2 AM and left about 11 AM, so stayed 9 hrs. Room was small with two twin beds. As other reviewers pointed, the beds were in a poor state: specks and mosquito wings were scattered on the bedsheet. The table on which a TV stands were quite dirty with mosquitos and insect wings as well, we were scared to put anything there.

AC was extremely noisy. Quite efficient it was, so even on a weakest level, it turned very cold in the middle of the night. It was difficult, but I eventually managed to sleep. The first floor was semi-underground and the window was dirty so we had the curtain on. We did not dare take a shower. In the morning, we went out for a short look around the town. I did not feel very safe, although I am sure it is.

On a positive side, I was very grateful for the pick-up service at the Mactan airport. For the pick-up, I sent an e-mail to Bellavista Hotel, a neighboring (connected) hotel perhaps under the same management. Surprisingly, breakfast was nice compared to the room. Not the food itself, but the restaurant, which is in fact in the Bellavista Hotel. Also, the staff was in general very kind. Hotel wifi is available only at the lobby.

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels around the world, and Hotel Cesario is perhaps third worst or so (by far the worst was in London and the next in San Francisco). I think the hotel may only work for a stay shorter than half a day. Well, no matter what, it is cheap.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank fscholar
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

My mistake again!!!! I booked this hotel because of its proximity from Mactan Airport, but same as my experienced before this hotel was very stiff with its policy. We checked-in 9pm and will be out 4am for our eaelt flight to Hong Kong. I want to upgrade to a family room but their is no available room so I requested for extra beds. They refused my request and compelled me to get another room. 3 beds is enough for us , me and my hubby on one bed and my kids each on the two other beds. But they will not allow that. I tried to talk to the manager to beg to let us stay on one room since our flight would be early but their manager according to their staff will not it. I told them I will pay for the extra beds just for us to be in one room but they will not allow it. I really dont get thd wisdom behind why they will not allow extrabeds when the room is big enough. The staff even told me that all hotels has the same policy as hotel cesario!!!! Oppssss... Tell that to the marines!! Ive been to a lot of hotels, even last month in Shangrila.. They added two beds making 5 people in one room. Their policy is not friendly!! Their manager is too stiff!!

Anyway, my mistake why I booked this hotel when I had a bad experience before. NO INTERNET in all ROOMS! The carpet smells bad!!! NO complimentary bottled water!!! Towels are worn out!!! Floor to ceiling height is below standard ( seem like a loft).. Staff at the counter are not pleasing.. No smile when we came in ( was it because its 9pm? She seem so tired already...) .

When staying in Mactan Cebu.. DONT EVER BOOK THIS HOTEL... EVEN THE ADJACENT BELLAVISTA HOTEL.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gracefulwalk
Reviewed 3 April 2017

This is an older hotel connected to a newer and larger one, so it gets to use the dining and pool facilities next door. Rooms are dark but reasonably well appointed, and blessedly quiet.

Front desk staff a bit brusque, but not rude. I can't understand why this, like most hotels in the Philippines, will not allow a late check-out when they are not full.

Breakfast at the dining room is adequate; Internet reasonably good (in PH, that means about 10 Mbps) but available only in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo