Hotel Cesario
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfree transferan older hotelcebu citypacked breakfasthot waterclose to the airportconvenient locationnext morningroom rateairport pickup2starmactandiving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My second time in this hotel and travelled with a partner, yet they still put us on a two single bed room!!!! My boyfriend put on comments for a double bed upon booking, and this NOT friendly receptionist is not being so helpful or at least felt sorry for us that their only available is TWO SINGLE BED! SHE is making this hotel not a place to come back with...
There's no wifi in the room too! We are stuck in this hotel until the 7th, and sadly we can't get any refund when we cancel our next days stay...
The staff who pick us up in the airport is nice though.. But just really disappointed with the frontdesk who checked us in!
I hope the management will do something about it. We are also hoteliers, and we know how to deal with stuff like this.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann_nacubuan
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We arrived around 2 AM and left about 11 AM, so stayed 9 hrs. Room was small with two twin beds. As other reviewers pointed, the beds were in a poor state: specks and mosquito wings were scattered on the bedsheet. The table on which a TV stands were quite dirty with mosquitos and insect wings as well, we were scared to put anything there.

AC was extremely noisy. Quite efficient it was, so even on a weakest level, it turned very cold in the middle of the night. It was difficult, but I eventually managed to sleep. The first floor was semi-underground and the window was dirty so we had the curtain on. We did not dare take a shower. In the morning, we went out for a short look around the town. I did not feel very safe, although I am sure it is.

On a positive side, I was very grateful for the pick-up service at the Mactan airport. For the pick-up, I sent an e-mail to Bellavista Hotel, a neighboring (connected) hotel perhaps under the same management. Surprisingly, breakfast was nice compared to the room. Not the food itself, but the restaurant, which is in fact in the Bellavista Hotel. Also, the staff was in general very kind. Hotel wifi is available only at the lobby.

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels around the world, and Hotel Cesario is perhaps third worst or so (by far the worst was in London and the next in San Francisco). I think the hotel may only work for a stay shorter than half a day. Well, no matter what, it is cheap.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank fscholar
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

My mistake again!!!! I booked this hotel because of its proximity from Mactan Airport, but same as my experienced before this hotel was very stiff with its policy. We checked-in 9pm and will be out 4am for our eaelt flight to Hong Kong. I want to upgrade to a family room but their is no available room so I requested for extra beds. They refused my request and compelled me to get another room. 3 beds is enough for us , me and my hubby on one bed and my kids each on the two other beds. But they will not allow that. I tried to talk to the manager to beg to let us stay on one room since our flight would be early but their manager according to their staff will not it. I told them I will pay for the extra beds just for us to be in one room but they will not allow it. I really dont get thd wisdom behind why they will not allow extrabeds when the room is big enough. The staff even told me that all hotels has the same policy as hotel cesario!!!! Oppssss... Tell that to the marines!! Ive been to a lot of hotels, even last month in Shangrila.. They added two beds making 5 people in one room. Their policy is not friendly!! Their manager is too stiff!!

Anyway, my mistake why I booked this hotel when I had a bad experience before. NO INTERNET in all ROOMS! The carpet smells bad!!! NO complimentary bottled water!!! Towels are worn out!!! Floor to ceiling height is below standard ( seem like a loft).. Staff at the counter are not pleasing.. No smile when we came in ( was it because its 9pm? She seem so tired already...) .

When staying in Mactan Cebu.. DONT EVER BOOK THIS HOTEL... EVEN THE ADJACENT BELLAVISTA HOTEL.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gracefulwalk
Reviewed 3 April 2017

This is an older hotel connected to a newer and larger one, so it gets to use the dining and pool facilities next door. Rooms are dark but reasonably well appointed, and blessedly quiet.

Front desk staff a bit brusque, but not rude. I can't understand why this, like most hotels in the Philippines, will not allow a late check-out when they are not full.

Breakfast at the dining room is adequate; Internet reasonably good (in PH, that means about 10 Mbps) but available only in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Room is decent for the price, 2 single beds. The best sleep I had during my 2 weeks trip to Philippines which I stayed in 4 different hotels. Bathroom is average with consistent hot water. Only downside is wifi is only available in the lobby. Included bfast is next door hotel and pool is also available.

Room Tip: best bang for your money.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo