“Decent Food But Disappointed With Service Upon Latest Visit”

La Tegola Cucina Italiana
Ranked #302 of 901 Restaurants in Cebu City
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I typically choose La Tegola over the nearby Italianni's at Ayala Terraces because their food has always seemed better in taste and price. However, my latest experience here was quite disappointing. We came her for lunch. There were six of us. It took forever for someone to come take our order. At that time, there was only one other small group of customers in the restaurant, so it wasn't busy. A few minutes after ordering, two customers came in together. Keep in mind it was probably ten minutes after we ordered. Our drink orders kept coming out separately, as did our food orders. Everyone else in my group ordered some type of meat dish or seafood pasta. I ordered the spinach and ricotta ravioli with cheese sauce since I'm a vegetarian. Everyone else eventually got their food except for me. Ten minutes later I still hadn't gotten my food so we flagged down the waiter, and he acknowledged that the ravioli still hasn't been served. Fifteen minutes passed and the two that had entered after us and ordered well after we did both got their dishes served to them...and I still hadn't received my ravioli. At this point, everyone else with me was pretty much already finished eating. Finally, some twenty-five minutes later, my ravioli was served. Unfortunately, it wasn't very hot and the cheese sauce tasted off. It was a highly disappointing experience this time around and I'll most likely think twice before choosing them again when I'm craving Italian food.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We went For a pizza night. I'm Italian, my wife filipina, with our little girl.
When we entered I Was a bit depressed as I already got the sensation I would not have a nice dining experience, as on the table they have bad taste plastic placemat that looks like coming from a school refectory...
We ordered fries for my little girl and they did not have ketchup. Finished. I mean there are 3 huge supermarket few meters away, as we are in Ayala mall... but no, too much stress I guess. Fries were terrible. Frozen of course.
Them we asked for a veggie bruschetta, that was very nice, reason why I gave the second star.
Than beers. They gave me canned beers. Canned beer in a restaurant, and one that claims to be italian....
Pizza. Well, I cannot say it was a bad pizza, as it was just another thing, that does not even get close to be pizza. My Margherita was something like a soft biscuit overloaded of bad cheese. By FAR the worse "Pizza" I ever ever had in South east asia. In 7 years.
What a shame, honestly.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

During my stay in Cebu, I have always been in a venture of finding good restaurants in different cusine, but when I am particular, I always go for an Italian restaurant. This place, I never go wrong. If I am lazy enough to try something new, I always come here. Their food is somehow the closest taste for home made Italian cuisine at a low cost to say the least. They just have to improve on guest service and they will be perfect.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Eaten lunch here quite a few times. Not the best, but good location and not bad food. Not having wifi is lame.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I had scheduled a lunch meeting with group of 4 people. The food came and it was not bad. The place was ideal for a lunch meeting as there were not too many diners.

Date of visit: April 2017