1,571 results
All reviews cafe marco continental club blu bar mountain view shuttle service free shuttle breakfast buffet pool bar rooftop restaurant pool side five star hotel top floor mactan island business trip hotel staff ayala mall viento
Reviewed 20 October 2015

They do a great job on the events, like October fest, Valentine's Day or Easter for kids. The New year party is the best in the city with amazing fireworks every year!

However, I come here sometimes on weekend, just for lunch or for quick swim in their swimming pool.

Nice live music at the lounge in the evening. Also, great steak house on the roof top, very romantic. A little pricey, but perfect for special occasions.

Because it is in the mountains, the air is cooler here than in the city. Good for those hot days and evenings.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Triplandia
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Dear Triplandia,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for sharing your stay experience through this quick review. It is refreshing to know that you have noticed how we do events for occasions such as Valentine’s, Octoberfest, Easter and even weekends. Credits go to the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Team for always coming up with something unique and special to delight guests on these celebrations, apart from the rest of the other destinations in the city. Thank you for the good word. We are happy for making your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu experience enjoyable.

Here is to look forward to see you and the whole family in some weekend and or on New Year’s Eve!

Reviewed 19 October 2015

I was traveling on business and this is the company-arranged hotel. It was my first time on any Marco Polo hotel and my expectations were quite high because this is a 5-star hotel.

Check-in:
My coworker was the one who checked in since I already went to the event straight from the airport. It's a good thing they allowed an early check in. However, she had some difficulties because the front desk agent said she couldn't find our reservations. We even printed out the email the company sent to us with a confirmation number. After some minutes of waiting, my coworker noticed the agent found a piece of paper with all our details readied. She could have checked first before telling my coworker that our names were not found, which cause a bit of stress and anxiety.

Room:
We had a Deluxe Mountainview Twin Room. The beds were comfy, and the room and bathroom were clean. However, when I was checking the pillows, I saw a stain. That was a big turn off, so I called housekeeping they immediately replaced it. The pair of slippers provided was of poor quality and I want to say I didn't mind because I always bring my own, but again, standards and expectations were high. The complimentary bottles of water were a big help though. Don't expect too much "mountain" in the view, one couldn't ignore the roof of the houses when staying on the 8th floor.

Bathroom:
Clearly there are two of us who checked in but we were wondering why only 1 set of toiletries was prepared (shampoo, conditioner, and lotion). Were we supposed to share? They also didn't provide the toothbrush and toothpaste. Isn't it standard for a hotel to provide that? A 5-star one at that. My coworker had to buy her toothbrush and toothpaste set, while I brought my own.

On another note, they have rainshower and a gooseneck showerhead, the shower stall wasn't that big but it was enough. Again, maybe it's the aesthetic quality or accessibility option, but the toilet and shower was separated by a glass partition which is just half (the back portion was open) so one could just walk right in. While this may be advantageous to some because there were no sliding doors, one really has to be mindful of this while showering, wouldn't want to create a puddle, that's why there was a towel laid out for it.

Breakfast:
This is the most positive highlight during my stay. I loved the numerous selections! Would write more about Cafe Marco in another review.

While most of my comments are quite on the negative side, I would still stay here again, but would choose another room (seaview). This is perfect for a staycation and the scheduled shuttle service to Ayala and SM is a good advantage as this property is a bit out of way. My basis of comparison was my coworker, who transferred to another room because her sister and a friend arrived and checked in. They got upgraded to a seaview room and she said the amenities were really far different from what we got.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank CJ C
Reviewed 18 October 2015

Located up in the Nivel Hills area, the Marco Polo is a peaceful oasis and sanctuary from the increasingly frenetic congestion of Cebu City. Exceptionally warm and hospitable service to welcome and gladden the heart of even the most tired or jaded traveler. Extensive breakfast buffet (although not as sumptuous a Sunday breakfast buffet as I had remembered from several years ago - but then again, maybe my memory is suspect?)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Wonderer1961
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2015

Dear Wonderer1961,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for appreciating our distinct location and the kind of environment it brings to your overall stay experience. We are delighted that you found solace in our accommodation, enjoyed the dining offerings and pleased of our brand of customer service.

Here is to look forward to your next business trip in Cebu!

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Marco Polo Cebu is always a good friend to me. The prople at reception were very efficient. I just advise them room for David Ismael ..and things just fall into proper places , imagine its 3 am in the morning !
Requested for additional bed, instantly its done.My son Daniel who us celebrating his birthday , a welcome cake was waiting in the room.
The rooms were really clean, crisp bed linen & covers. At breakfast, we were greeted by Ms. Gmma Baz & Ms. Cammile at Cafe Marco when we take our breakfast.
Really top notch 5 Star accommodation

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
OnNivelHills, General Manager at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Bisayanghilaw,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for spending time to write a review of your stay experience with us. Calling our hotel “a good friend” means a lot, it gives full meaning to hospitality. Thank you for appreciating what we do. We are all delighted to be part of your family’s joyous celebration of Daniel’s birthday.

Cheers!

Reviewed 16 October 2015 via mobile

Marco polo. What i like about his place is the view of the city that it offers its guests. Aside from the 5-star accomodation, its elevator is secured by one's keycards so you can only access your own floor. The breakfast is above average. It offers the traditional Filipino sikwate (hot chocolate from cocoa). Since I didnt have enough time to savor other cuicines, i just have the usual dried fish, dried squid, garlic rice, fried egg and coffee :) the roof has free wifi, has carpeted floors and has a pool accesible from the basement including the spa, gym and clinic.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business

Dear Nino J D,

Greetings from Marco Polo Plaza Cebu!

Thank you for sharing a quick review of your stay with us on that business trip. We are happy that you appreciate our accommodation, food and amenities, while making special mention on our security measures. Thank you for the good word. We look forward to see you again on that next trip to Cebu.