All reviews capitol building top floor major road walking distance bedside table hand basin escario st place to sleep free wifi fuente osmena budget hotel fridge zubuchon cable ayala toiletries
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Very strategic place as it is near the tourist attractions in Cebu City. We got the family room B and stayed for 3 nights. On the second day the bathroom started to smell funky, we reported it to the front desk and they just keep spraying bathroom deodorizer. They also have very thin walls because I keep on hearing the other room going at it. Overall the place is accesible but they might need to check their bathroom fixtures.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Location: It is about 3 blocks away from Fuente Osmena Circle, the route in which the Sinulog parade passes through, so this is a good hotel to stay in during Sinulog Festival. It is also very close to the City Hall, various restaurants and cafes. The location of this hotel is quite nice, because almost everything you need is accessible by foot.

Staff: The staff were really helpful. Upon our arrival at our hotel, they were really friendly and helped us carry our bags to our room. They are very accommodating to our needs whenever we approach them at the lobby. The cleaning staff are right on schedule and clean the room daily.

Place: The rooms are quite packed, with so little room to move in. I didn't really fancy the bathroom because the furnishings didn't look that clean, or it was a bit old already. They didn't have cozy comforter and only have a thin bedsheet. There also no room slippers or bathroom slippers available. The Wifi is quite poor inside the room, sometimes, I don't even get any signal at all.

Food: Our reservation includes free breakfast buffet at their top most floor. They only offer breakfast til around 10am, so you would have to wake up a little bit early. They serve traditional Filipino breakfast, eggs, tuyo, hotdog, ham, fried rice, fruits, bread, soup, juices, etc. But they don't change the menu very often. During our stay, it was the same food everyday.

All in all, you get what you pay for, even in peak season days.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2016

there was no problem upon checked in.
the superior room was very small. they don't have a small table or dresser or cabinet for the luggage, clothes and other things. all my things were in the floor at the foot of the bed.
the towels are very old and the edges are nearly torn. instead of white, its color turned grey.
before i checked out, i went outside for my breakfast. when i reached my room, that was the only time i noticed that the front desk officer gave me a wrong key card. i went back to the front desk to ask for the correct key card for my room, the front desk officer still gave me another wrong key card. good thing that i checked the card before i went back to the room.
over-all: poor service; small room without cabinet and table for luggage/bags; old, grey and torn towels.

Room Tip: very noisy street outside the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Eugene D
Reviewed 6 January 2016

This hotel at one time could have been a premium hotel. They still attempt to provide service at that level. The staff are outstanding in every way. The restaurant is limited in its menu, but what they have is excellent in taste, quantity and inexpensive price. There is also a nice view from the penthouse location of the restaurant.The location is not walking distance for many visiting most tourist locations in the city, but is short cab rides for many locations. On the down side, the hotel room we stayed in had very low water pressure for showers. I reported this and was told it was the same in all the rooms. Have no idea if they have any intentions of fixing this or not. There was also problems with the WIFI cutting on and off. The staff kept calling the provider every time I reported the problem. They stated they were trying to get them (the provider) to fix it. Keep in mind I rate hotels based on comparison of same price range hotels. This is considered a budget hotel by price. I would put it toward the the top of this list of other budget hotels. When I returned to Cebu a couple weeks later, I chose another hotel only because of the unstable WIFI. Otherwise would have returned.

Room Tip: Some complained about noise in rooms facing the street. Might avoid these.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twostrokes48
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Good value for your money, nice rooms and helpful personnel. Quick and reliable roomservice. Stayed for 13 nights in a room on the 2nd floor with a view over Escario street. The hotel is on a busy street so there was a little noise from traffic outside, but it didn't bother me. 10-20 min by taxi to the big malls in the city (depending on traffic). Free WiFi altough a little slow/unreliable. Room was a little small but had everything you need, and we only really used it for sleeping after a busy day. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple