All reviews cable tv brekfast upgrades ref oslob
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Arrived there quarter past 7 but our rooms were not yet ready. We booked through Agoda btw. Upon arrival, they didn't know that we had a reservation, we still have to send to them our confirmed booking through Agoda. We waited for 30 mins or more to check-in which is not so good because we came from a 5 hour ferry and bus trip. Then there came a huge batch of chinese people 15 mins or so after us but the were accommodated and were given rooms immediately.
The lobby was nice but when you go up to the rooms, the corridors were not airconditioned. We stayed at room 303. There was an ongoing construction beside our room so you would hear some noises. Also, our room is just infront of the elevator. You can actually hear the elevator bell inside the room which was kind of annoying.
The room is very huge but when you go in for the first time, it smelled a bit funky. Like a very ancient room. Maybe its the old carpet because you can see a lot of stains. The floor wasn't swept well because when we moved a chair, there were food wrappers underneath where I was kinda grossed out.
When you lay in bed, you can tell that it is really old and worn out because it is not firm anymore like you would expect in most of the hotels. You can already feel the springs of the bed when you lay down. The sheets were old too. It is very thin and had small holes in them. They should have considered changing them. The bathroom was fairly new. It was clean but the towel had some yellow stains in them. Ew. The pantry where they placed the cups and complimentary coffee and sugar had ants in them. Wifi is not working on our first day, we had to call the front desk to fix it for us. They probably forgot to update their system. Not coming back unless they have fully renovated and chabges their furnitures.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Clariza M
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We were booked in this hotel for a training workshop for the period Feb. 4-10, 2018. After the arduous hours of mental work, one can come to rest in quiet comfortable big rooms. I, personally, was able to rest well after our daily training. Coffee was available in the rooms. There was only one glitch: in our room, the cable TV will only work if we will ask the assistance of the front desk to switch on our TV. There was some sort of technical problem with our TV in the room but I believe it was not so in the other rooms.
The staff are very helpful and accommodating too.
I think I will return here next time with my family.

Room Tip: I think the 4th floor is a quiet area to find a quite room such as the room we stayed in.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Good hotel with large rooms. Liked the location. Starbucks, McDonald and many more restaurants are within walking distance. Pool was under renovation. So can't comment on it. Breakfast was reasonably good. Staff are very friendly and eager to help.

Room Tip: Front street facing rooms have better view.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank SantanuG28
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Cons: when you have food delivered from outside, hotel charges 30% of your total bill and you have to personally get your delivery from the lobby
room hallways are not airconditioned
sometimes hot shower is not working
breakfast food taste is a little less than average
wifi internet is slow and frequently disconnects

Pros: they allow free early chekin and late chekout if available
courteous and helpful staff
buffet breakfast

Room Tip: test the hot shower first
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Edgar L
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I had been here for training many times before but that was years ago. This is my first time to visit Cebu for a vacation so my needs were different.

Room - 4

We transferred to another room because the smell of the aircon is not good. We were lucky because they gave us a room (not purposively) with bath tub. The beds are nice, the rooms are big. The TV is big enough, and the room has ref too.

This is an old hotel so I am not expecting an excellent ambiance.

Location - 4.

I chose this location since it’s close to Magellan’s cross but my husband was sick so we stayed inside the hotel. There are restaurants just a few steps away (and Starbucks too) and a convenience store across the street

We asked for plates but they will charge us so we cancelled our request. This is the first time I am being charge for this request.

Facilities

They have a pool but we were not able to try it.

Overall this hotel is okay but I suggest you explore other hotels in Cebu City.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family