US$68
US$59
Radisson Blu Cebu(Cebu City)
US$199
Harolds Hotel(Cebu City)
US$123
US$117
Agoda.com
St. Mark Hotel(Cebu City)
US$40
US$35
Hotels.com
All reviewsgaisano country mallbig swimming poolspanish stylebusy citygreat poolpool sidebreakfast buffethome away from homericevisiting cebusinulog festivaldeluxe roomthe heart of the citypoolsweddingbaniladbpo
Reviewed 2 March 2017

For me this is the best garden hotel that I've expereince so far. And my best hotel in Cebu, cause its is close to nature. The pool was the best. With friendly receptionist. Especially Jessa. I could recommend this to my co-leagues.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
MontebelloHotel, Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Dear Kenny P,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We are overwhelmed with your gracious words, they are inspiring and fulfilling. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Montebello Villa Hotel. With your comments, truly, we've demonstrated how it is to be branded as an oasis in the city, indeed, this is unique to us. It is also good to hear that you got the chance to enjoy the facilities and the great service from our staff. Again, the Management will be most glad to hear about this review and we'll make sure to continually provide better service, the Montebello way, your home away from home.

The Hotel is constantly improving its facilities and services, rest assured that we at Montebello Villa Hotel adhere to our commitment to share with our guests a warm and genuine Cebuano hospitality experience.

Thank you for the 5-star rating and for highly recommending Montebello Villa Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back as our own the soonest.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I love this place for its theme - scenic, combination of vintage and modern, homey garden villa. The place is very relaxing and it feels like you are faraway from the hustle and bustle of the city when in fact, you are really in the middle of a busy town. Their breakfast buffet has improved from the first time I went there. They have more options and I like the fact that they merge the American and Filipino Breakfast. They have Bread, Bacon, Sausages, Jams which are All American food whilst they also have Fried Fish- Danggit, Dilis, Eggs and Rice and many more for the Filipino variant. Drinks are also included in the Buffet. The Rooms are very clean, smells fresh and have big comfy beds and pillows. They have a cable TV, wifi and a fridge in our room which I also appreciate. They also have pools and I like it because its not that deep (lesser chances of drowning for those who dont know how to swim. They have playground for the kids and have areas where you can somehow meditate.They have other services too such as Laundry and have Garden Yoga Classes. You may also reserve your bookings for weddings, parties, gatherings, team buildings and conference meetings since they have designated areas for that. I am not sure if this was part of the changes however when we booked the first time (Nov 2014), there was a welcome drink for each of us, but apparently our 2nd booking, we were not anymore given . What I also think they need to improve on is their 2nd floor white block walls since it really looks kind of old and dusty. It also would have been nice if there's a jacuzzi aside from the pools (that way you can soak and warm up). I also think that the comfort room of our assigned room needs some renovation (as it looks dull white and not up to date). Their wifi is weak at night time. Although our room is just near the router, it's just odd that it always disconnects and would not let us browse on anything. When we also had our room cleaned, we were not provided with a new set of toiletries such as lotion, shampoo, hand soap and body wash, as well as our instant coffee powder (considering the fact that we booked there for 2 nights). It is customary for hotels to replace the toiletries/ complimentary water/ coffee powder when you book for more than 1 night. They also have to teach their waiters/ waitresses proper etiquette because I have observed that their waiters/ waitresses does not ask permission when taking out/ dishing out plates from the table. They dont even ask if you're not yet done. I had one incident when I was still eating and the waiter suddenly took my plate thinking I was already done. I felt disrespected. I would have given a 4 star rating for this hotel if not for those opportunities.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Lower Ground are Nearer to the Pool Area
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Marian Dyle O,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

It is always a delight to welcome you and your family back home. My sincerest appreciation for taking the time to share this detailed feedback. On behalf of the Management and staff of Montebello Villa Hotel, thank you very much!

It is also good to hear that you got the chance to enjoy the facilities, the ambiance that is unique to us and our food. We also appreciate your feedback on the room and its condition. Though please accept our apology for the inconvenience that you experienced during your last stay due to WiFi connectivity and the service from our wait staff. Trust that I have shared your concerns with the team as we work tirelessly to improve our service. I trust that despite of this, we were able to cope up with our short comings and that you still had a memorable stay.

We place our attention to the part that needs improvement and takes delight on the good word. We hope you will reconsider staying with us again and allow us to provide you with a better experience on your return. Please contact me directly at k.tarona@montebellovillahotel.com if there is anything else you would like to share on your experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back home in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Thank you Montebello Hotel for giving our family a wonderful time. Your smiles and your care didn't come unnoticed.
We love your pizza, squash in coconut milk, sizzling milkfish and oh my the Black Forest cake!
Thank you for keeping your pool clean--I know this because my kids didn't have any skin reaction which they often get when they swim.
Special thanks to Ms ConCon for the special touches.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
MontebelloHotel, Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Scarrow9,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We are overwhelmed with your gracious words. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Montebello Villa Hotel. It is heartwarming to know that we have been part of such a wonderful gathering of family. Thank you for choosing us and for sharing this experience through this review. Our F&B Team will be most glad to hear about this review and we'll make sure to continually provide good food, and better service, the Montebello way - warm and genuine.

Montebello Villa Hotel is committed to providing quality facilities and good service to all our guests, the whole Recreation Team is happiest with your comment on the swimming pool. Thank you very much for the special mention.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again back home in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

This is my very first visit and definitely not the last. This quiet place surrounded by greens,vines and trees within the city is a perfect place to stay. But because of the outstanding service of the front office staff especially the tall girl in brown uniform who went out of her way to accommodate me, and help me out with my booking issues(thanks to reservation for facilitating) it went well and gives good impression of the hotel. There are only few concerns that I would like to raise, doors are hard to open and the presence of flies at the pool.Nevertheless I enjoyed my stay and I would love to spend it again with my family next time. Keep it up!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Junno Reymar S,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We are overwhelmed with your gracious words - they are fulfilling and inspiring. We are glad that everything went well and that you had a pleasant stay with us. Please accept our heartfelt appreciation on behalf of the Management and staff of Montebello Villa Hotel. Your kind comments will encourage us to continually serve you better in every possible way we can.

We can't wait to thank you in person on your return through our warm and genuine Cebuano hospitality. Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I would highly recommend this hotel. Staff are courteous and helpful. The place may look old but it is clean and classy and spacious. The buffet breakfast may be limited in choices but damn delicious! The pool is not cold even when you swim at night. One small children's pool and 2 big pools.The garden is quite and you can feel relaxed. There's a play area for children. The Valentine decors look lovely during our stay.The additional pay for extra person at P1,200 is a bit expensive for me.

Room Tip: Be ready to pay P1200 for extra person.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
MontebelloHotel, Manager at Montebello Villa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear AMEJEK2014,

Greetings from Cebu's only garden hotel!

We look forward to welcoming you back as our own the soonest.