All reviews redemptorist church halo breakfast buffet deluxe room with a balcony bed was very comfortable low rate safe box small hotel crispy bacon water pressure in the shower safe area mini fridge rooms are great walking distance mango square boutique hotel close proximity
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

Facilities is quite good if you compared it with other hotels around its area...been staying here almost every weekend...I don't have any complain with other staffs specially those who's in charge with the buffet and waitress in the 2nd floor...they are very accommodating...but what dismayed me is the staff/s in the reception area... I know they must be tired of working in graveyard shifts but just whenever we check in there...they have this unwelcoming attitude. I hope they'll change their approach to customers no matter who he/she is.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Enrique_F, General Manager at St. Mark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear AL,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the service from our Front Desk. As we would like to investigate the matter further; please send us your contact details & stay dates at smm@st-markhotel.com. We cannot locate you in our system right now.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

i been staying different Hotels in Cebu before but St Mark is amazing and didnt expect what i was expecting.the staff and services are very good and oh my G when it comes to hotel what i am thinking is about the food that might be not good but when we had our breakfast i really didnt expect that there were varieties of foods and desserts and fresh juices that other hotes dont have..very clean,the bed and matres are soft and comfy.me and my family were so happy and lucky that the hotel that we were supposed to stay to was fully booked and the driver suggested us to try at St Mark and thanks to the driver He did the right thing and didnt dissapoint us if that happened we could have killed him(joke) i would also like to thank Mr Loreto Suerte the F and B manager of this hotel who was there accommodating us thank you Sir Loret we really did the right choice to stay in this hotel...More power tou and Godbless St Mark Hotel....:-)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Enrique_F, General Manager at St. Mark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear 978cheryl,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are happy to hear that our staff made your stay memorable. We are definitely lucky to have Loret as our F&B Manager, and we agree that he really cares about our guests.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

This is a smart and comfortable hotel, but with one downfall - the air conditioning system seems to be extremely noisy. On the first night I stayed, when I tried to sleep I could hear persistent low-frequency background noise which was impossible to ignore. I went out to the hallway and thought it was due to the air con system running on the landing, so I asked the receptionist to turn it off. She sent someone to do that, but the noise was still there. It turned out to be a noise resulting from the air con in the room across the hallway from my room, and they thus were unable to do anything about it. I tried sleeping with ear plugs but could hear the noise even then!
I was so bothered by this noise that I eventually asked to be moved to another room. The receptionist was not particularly helpful at this point and informed me that they didn't have a room available at the same price. Most hotels would move their guests free of charge in order to keep their custom, but this receptionist ended up advising me to walk to a hotel 10 minutes away. I had just arrived in Cebu and it was 10:30 pm, so I was not impressed with this suggestion. Eventually, out of exhaustion, I agreed to pay the excess to be moved to a more expensive room. I spent 2 minutes in that room - the background noise there (again, without any air con being on) was like being in an airplane!
It's a real shame - otherwise, the hotel is probably a great place to stay, but the noise issue really brings it down a notch. Some rooms may not have this problem, and certainly other people that I spoke to, who were staying there for the same meeting I was attending, had not noticed a noise.
The rooms are very nice, contain a large flat screen tv, a fridge, a kettle with tea and coffee, a safe, a very smart bathroom and comfortable beds. The staff are excellent overall, and the breakfast spread was one of the better ones I have encountered in the Philippines, with European options (oatmeal! and fruit!) as well as Filipino staples like fish and rice. But after breakfast, the restaurant was a considerable disappointment, with very few options. The only fish on the menu was fried, and their 'garden salad' consisted of little more than a few leaves of iceberg lettuce with some watermelon slivers on top. There were no other vegetarian options.
The hotel is very close to Fuente Osmena Circle and thus to Robinsons with its shops and supermarkets, and plenty of options for eating out, thankfully.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Rupi J,

Thank you for the positive review. We review the air conditioning systems in the rooms in which you stayed. We are sorry if you suffered an inconvenience and we will make it sure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Best value for your money. The rooms are so cozy and comfortable, i love the veranda. Location of the hotel is perfect if you want some peace and quite. Breakfast is great, love the bacon!!!! Frontdesk staff are so accomodating during our stay. Restaurant staff are very attentive. We surely recommend ST.MARKS hotel.

Room Tip: Those with the veranda
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Enrique_F, General Manager at St. Mark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Dear Allain B,

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed St Mark Hotel's facilities, as well as, its breakfast. We will let Chef Jeffrey know that you loved his bacon.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

I have been to this hotel a couple of times and I can say this is the best budget hotel in the city with the most comfortable beds.

PROS:
1. Big spacious rooms, I recommend upgrading to deluxe for a balcony
2. Complete amenities comparable to 5 star hotels: ironing board, ref, kettle, extra pillows, safety box
3. MOST comfortable linens and comforters
4. Ceiling mounted air conditioning
5. Great variety breakfast buffet with unli bacon (only a few among the budget hotels in the city who serves it daily)

CONS:
1. I have been here multitude of times but never have I been ushered to a room by a staff to help with my luggage, they jst help u press d button of the elevator.
2. A roof deck pool would be great if they can provide it on their future hotel plans

TIPS:
Always ask for promo rate, they never ran out of it

Stayed: December 2015

Dear doc_RJ,

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear that you like St Mark Hotel and find it good value for money. We will see how we can improve the reception of our guests. We can definitely usher our guests into their rooms.

We are grateful of your support - thank you for coming back again.