See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The rooms were shaped last year than now. It simply means that the rooms badly need maintenance and refurbishment.

In my recent trip, I stayed at Room 306. It's clean alright. Wifi is ok. There's also heater in the bathroom. Service slippers and dental kit are provided. Shower gels are in the dispensers.

The bed is queen-size and good for two. The top mattress is quite short for the size of the whole bed. The blanket is just an ordinary bed cover that is almost transparent and thin.

The air conditioning unit works fine, however, the louvers are not complete and some of which are loose. There is also no bidet in the toilet and the size of the lavatory is for kids. I had to asked for hot water because there is no kettle provided. No complementary water either. Good thing the room has a view with thick curtain to block the light from outside if you need to sleep during the day.

One plus point for the Inn is it being located just across the office and it is very convenient for me. Of course I cannot say it for everyone.

I understand that they also have rooms/beds for backpackers which is a little less than P600 per night. But for the room where I stayed, you can also avail of the same in a three-star hotel with better facilities.

The staff are friendly though and the service fast.

Room Tip: Room 306 for two has electric water heater as compared to the one on the fourth.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

The room was true to what I've read in the reviews..it was clean and tidy.But the front desk clerks were not at all accomodating and friendly. The restaurant where their guest can have their free breakfast is a few walk from the inn.They also don't provide free drinking water which is kinda weird.Also no table napkins in that restaurant. Such a turn off!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank missterry2014
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

This has been my official homestay ever since our Company opened a branch in Cebu in 2014. It is located at the heart of the city and is very near Cebu Business Park and Ayala Mall. My last visit was September this year and the service is still the same as my first visit. The staffs are very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast is free except for the backpackers room (i think). The room is neat although I noticed several times that there are cigarette butts at the terrace (not mine). I like their unique wall lamps and the mirror at the hallways.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank MishLishD
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here from April 4-10,2016.We reserved for a family room that has 1 queen size bed (enough for a couple and a kid) & 1 single bed. Nothing fancy about their room and for us, we prefered it here because aside from the promo rate that we were able to get, we also find the place very near to malls and to a nearby big hotel where my husband had their national convention.The family room is a bit small but it not of a problem for our family because most of the time, we went out for a tour of Cebu or to go shopping. The hotel also has an elevator! Refrigerator/mini bar and an oven toaster were provided in our room. The accommodation also comes with a free breakfast at a nearby eatery called Nyohiong. The food were delicious and we get to choose from a variety of breakfast meals inclusive of a bottled water or bottled juice. The only hassle in this pension house is they do not have cabinets for the clothes. So for a week of stay, all our clothes remained in our travelling bags, including my husband’s barong tagalog!

Only 1 ride to go to SM City Cebu & Ayala Center, with a fare of only P7.00each and you can reach these places in about 5 minutes. To go to SM Seaside, we took a taxi and paid only P104.00.Grab a taxi too when you want to go to S&R, Basilica de Sto.Nino, Magellan’s Cross for a little over P100.00 taxi fare.

Overall, we definitely prefer this hotel when we go back to Cebu. The staff were accommodating and assisted us in all our requests. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank DonMj
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I have been to many pension houses, hotels, villas, etc but this hotel was just the worst. For the price, they did not provide a blanket in the room. I had to pay extra money to get a blanket (Yes, I am not kidding). Wifi was terrible, room was reeking with cigarette smell. The bed was very itchy, the bed sheet was old and threadbare. I could forgive all of those since I paid only PhP1000 so I was not expecting much. What was really negative about this hostel was their receptionists. One of them was so rude and condescending (No customer service training, perhaps). I have been to other 2 or 3 stars hotels in Cebu with similar price as New Era, but they have acceptable standard to basic amenities, and their staff are very polite.
Avoid this hostel at all cost.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo