All reviewsorange roomconvenience storemilk teaitalian restofast foodquiet place to staycable tvmc donaldground floorhot and cold showercomfortable sleepan affordable pricebudget friendly hotelsmall malltwo night stayper nightrooms are clean
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Although I am from Australia ,I stay at Escario Central since its opening in early 2012. My lovely wife of 7 years is Filipino & she was born in the Chocolate Hill Mountains of Bohol. Early in 2012 we also bought land in Bohol and built a beautiful house in the mountains. I use to stay at another hotel close by ! but Since Escario Central was built we use it as a base when in Cebu when we fly in before we go on the fast ferry to Bohol in 1 hour .It really is right ! in the heart of Cebu , only minutes from Ayala shopping centre ! 70 peso by taxi .To the ferry terminal its about 200 peso ? and the Airport maybe 250 to 280 peso if busy traffic. So its Central to everything you need in Cebu ! Its in its own private precinct ! or like a small mall . There is EXCEPTIONAL SECURITY ! AND VERY SAFE ! " You Cant Just Walk In Off The Street ! " Without the head of security Mr Gonzales or his team of immaculately dressed security ! well equipped ! and well trained officers assisting you , getting your bags ? or getting a licensed clean taxi for you , even writing in there register the taxi ID & number and advise the driver were you are going ! for your safety !
Now although Security in todays world ! is unfortunately a necessity ! not only in the Philippines , but in most other overseas destinations ! Security is Important for you and your family's safety ! How do I know ? I have been in the Security Business & Law Enforcement for over 38 years in Australia so I know what is good ! security & whats Bad ! Escario Central has a team of Security Officers that is Professional And Exceptional 24/7. * Note wages in Philippines are unfortunately low ! all these men have family's ! they are there to look after you ! * So please look after them !
Give them a tip ! 50 to 100 peso ? even or buy an extra coffee ? at McDonalds or some bread rolls from the little bakery around the corner ! or a litre Coke @ the
7 Eleven ! they will greatly appreciate it and these men work 24/7 for your safety !
THIS IS ONLY 1 OF THE REASONS ! I make Escario my home when in Cebu.
Its very clean ! Its single storey ! so in an earthquake your going to be safe ! its fully contained within a small private shopping precinct ,with restaurants and several bars ,cafes and even a Bank & an Excellent 24/7 Seven Eleven store at the entrance . There is Jolly Bee directly across the road , on Escario Avenue , even a McDonalds next door.
Within Escario Central there are numerous EXCELLENT Restaurants and bars ! These are All places you can safely take your wife & children or family or impress your girl friend all within the " Secure & Safe Escario Precinct " There are several Exceptional places to eat ! .....1/ Pizzeria Michelangelo's best restaurant in Cebu 2013-2014 owned By a true Italian " Marco " They not only cook genuine authentic Italian foods & amazing Pizza's but the best pizza I have eaten travelling in the Philippines over 10 years ! .... 2/ Is the " Politics Bar & Restaurant " Run by a Filipino also called Marco and his team. These guys have the " COLDEST SAN MIGUEL BEER ON ICE " to the most expensive Champagne ! or even Cocktails . Marco is a Legend ! as soon as you walk in the door ! you are given a genuine friendly greeting by your first name once they know you ! and the drink of your choice " ICE COLD " at very ! reasonable prices ! On Thursday to Saturday night this is a "Very Trendy ! & Classy Place to have a drink ! or a meal. There is a range of some of the most expensive cars ! Porsche , Hummers , Nissan GT Skylines , latest Ford Mustangs , Latest 4WD's you name it ! I have seen in the Philippines ! parked out front ! There are no lady boys, street or bar girls here ! There are NO people off the street trying to sell you something ! ? or worse ! you are safe here ! I have eaten in most of the eatery's and offer Traditional Filipino foods , Italian , and International foods , even Zubu Chon ! that offer Lechon ! Traditional Whole Spit roasted Pigs ! ITS ALL IN ONE PLACE " ESCARIO CENTRAL . If by chance ? you don't want fast food ? or Gourmet food at very reasonable prices ! and you just want fish ? or chicken ? there is Penong's Escario Across the road to the right of Jolly Bee ! They offer" Excellent Authentic Filipino "dishes BBQ pork ,chicken, fish rice, etc. at budget prices ! but still quality food ! then this is the place to eat . I am very fussy with what I eat when I am away from home ! and don't want to get sick ! Plus my wife being Filipino , she knows what's fresh and a clean safe place to eat ! ALL of these places are EXCELLENT !
Now the staff at Escario are " EXCEPTIONAL , Polite & Helpful,& honest , the cleaning staff are also vey good ! making your bed , with clean sheets , fresh bottled water and clean towels every day ! there is also 2 double ? size beds in every standard room ice cold air conditioner and cable TV :) and CCTV once you enter the walkways to your room and the gardens surrounding.
Now Escario Central is not 5 Star ! It does not have a Pool ! A view over the ocean ! But its great Value for money ! The manager Lady will give you a deal if your staying for a longer period of time ! Its Clean ! , Its Safe ! and your belongings secure ! There is free Wi-Fi and a free computer in reception. Its Central ! Its has everything I want when I am staying in Cebu . I have stayed for a week or two several times a month ! over the last 3 + years since it opened ! When we are flying in , out or around the Philippines . Cebu is much Cheaper ! Cleaner ! , Less Polluted ! and much safer than Manila ! You can stay for a Week ! for the price of one or two nights in Manila.
Now just so you know ! I have no Connection whatsoever ! with Escario Central ! but we travel regularly to the Philippines , to our home in Bohol , and to visit family in various parts of the Philippines from Mindanao to Luzon and The Visayas Islands We use Escario Central as our Base " Flying In , Around , Or Out of the Philippines " and I personally would not stay anywhere else ! in Cebu !
My only complaint ! Management ! is there is No safe-deposit box to put your passport or documents cash etc in your room ! but if you ask reception , they will take care off it ! for you or refrigerator ! but if you ask ! for a small fee a refrigerator is provided !
Thankyou Australian guy 1

Room Tip: The closer to reception ! the quieter it is ! at night !
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank AUSTRALIANguy1
Enrique_F, General Manager at Escario Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Dear Australianguy1,

Thank you for the best review ever written about Escario Central Hotel, and thank you so much for the support given all these years.

Please email me your contact details as I would personally like to greet you in your next stay at our hotel - enrique@farrarons.com.

Reviewed 24 December 2015

Need a quiet place to stay within the city? Then this hotel is a good choice! Being in Cebu for the 2nd time around last July 2015, we opted to stay at this hotel with my loved ones. The staff was very accommodating in arranging round trip airport transfer to the hotel. The room provided us a lot of privacy that you can really have a comfortable sleep!

I am particularly satisfied as to how easily accessible the place is to get around to places. You can ride jeeps to get to Ayala Center Cebu or you can just opt to stay at the restaurants around the vicinity. It's pretty convenient in general!

Unfortunately, they do not provide free and early in-house breakfast however, there a lot of fast food stores when you get out of the hotel (i.e.: Mc Donalds and Jollibee).

Stayed: July 2015

Dear Michi M,

Thank you for the nice review. We are happy to hear that you liked Escario Central Hotel and its location.

Please note that our in-house breakfast is arranged by Cafe Saree; they can deliver the food as early as 7 am. If required before 7 am, they can prepack your breakfast given a day's notice.

We hope to see you again in your next stay in Cebu City.

Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. The room is big enough to move around and dance. The aircon is also cold and I liked that they had hot & cold shower at an affordable rate of only P1,500 per day. The rate can go as low as P1,200 if you stay there for a month according to the receptionist. The location is really good and accessible. The restos nearby are also nice and there's a convenience store near it. However i woke up on our first day with ants on my bed. And the house keeping staff ate annoying coz they talk so loud you can hear them and they knock so loud in the morning

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear Paolo Antonio P,

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Escario Central Hotel.

We will relay your comments to our Housekeeping staff. Since the hotel has a resort style layout, we discourage guests to eat in the rooms as ants will come inside the room. (This is a problem, we locals face in our houses as well).

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Staying overnight in Cebu my brother chose a hotel for us... very surprisèd a hidden spot but centrally located immaculate cleanliness, superb customer service. Im not familar with Cebu but this is a safe hotel and has parking as well. Near food places as well. Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Dear AV L,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear that you followed your brother's advice, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

We didn't get to stay in this hotel even if we already had a booking for 2 nights because we were disappointed with what happened to us. My wife requested for an early check-in with the hotel, as confirmed by a certain Cristina via an email. However, when we arrived from our early morning flight, the receptionist, Collete, informed us that we will not be able to check-in since they are fully booked that day, and the earliest possible is around 9 or 10 am. So we left to have breakfast first and when we returned, another receptionist was waiting for us. So we explained our situation and request for an early check-in but again, she told us that they are sorry and fully booked for the day. The earliest that we could check-in is at 2pm. I explained that we will be attending a wedding at 130pm but she just smiled and went back to her work. By then, my wife and I are tired from our lack of sleep and early flight so we did the next best thing: look for another hotel. Indeed, you really get what you pay for: a low rate for a low-class service.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bruce A

Dear Francis Victor T,

Thank you for the review on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear about your unhappy experience at our hotel.

Please note that the hotel was fully booked at that time. It is true that our Reservation did confirm your early check-in, and a mistake was made. They happen very rarely but we do acknowledge them when they happen.

Please allow us to make it up to you in your next stay. Please email me your contact details at enrique@farrarons.com.