“Wonderful and friendly service”

Suzukaze Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #423 of 887 Restaurants in Cebu City
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We were here,because we live in the near...
The welcome was absolutely friendly, so the whole evening...
The food was excellent and it needs a bit time, because everything is fresh cooked.
Taste was very good.
And it's the Restaurant were you can eat the well-known kobe beef...
The prices are moderate also the kobe... KG for around $ 200.
That's cheap...!
We will come again

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The view from the street beckoned us to give the place a try. Menu is not that extensive and we opted to just order the most basic--tonkatsu, shoyu ramen, gyoza and ebi tempura. Unfortunately, even these were but at best par with other Japanese restos in Cebu. The uncomfortable, hard chairs did not help improve our dining experience

Reviewed 8 July 2016

Went back to Cebu during the spring break and brought along my Japanese friends to check some of the restaurants in the city and this was one of them. I had tempura, rice and miso soup. I challenged myself to somen, thin white noodles, popular during the summer months in Japan. I was asked how can they come up with dishes at par with Japanese locals favorites back home. Had we have enough time, we would definitely go back to check their other menus and maybe sneak in the kitchen :-).

Heard that Wagyu steak is a MUST-TRY!!! Missed!

We can only speak for ourselves.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

I believed this is a newly opened restaurant in the City, so I'd like to give this one some benefit of the doubt since it just debuted. Came here for lunch on a busy weekend with my partner. We were seated right away though there were only a few tables and a couple of seats over the counter. We had ebi tempura (our jap food staple), chicken teriyaki and we also tried their gyoza. The tempura was nice. Cooked just the way I like it - very crispy batter. The gyoza was a bit off for me. I think it was a little undercooked or so I think, but it did needed a few improvements. The chicken teriyaki was also so-so. And one more thing, they really need to fix their airconditioning unit. I personally didn't like the fan that was facing me all throughout my lucnh. Very attentive staff, though. So kudos to the people!

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Newly opened in the VIBO/Axis mall on N. Escario St. When we entered, immediately seemed that this was very sterotyped (read hackneyed) and not Japanese owned or operated. The food bore this out. Chirashi sushi is normally a modest showcase for the chef. Here, it was awful, barely even a "2". From the first bite of heavily over vinegared clumpy rice, topped with a few very thinly sliced tired pieces of fish and shrimp. A real dud, and priced at Php 450! My partner's choice, the teriyaki chicken don was better, and cheaper, at Php 280. It's not yet even on the rather garish makeshift menu. Even the Japanese tea was tired and lacking in flavor. Not a single Japanese customer was evident. This cannot be a genuine Japanese restaurant, and was a huge disappointment. Seems like a sterotyped Japanese restaurant geared to those who really don't know Japanese food. Will not care to go back.

1  Thank Wonderer1961