“Friendly budget hotel!”

Cebu Northwinds Hotel
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Went to Cebu with friends to attend a friend's wedding at Waterfront Hotel, Lahug. Since that hotel was beyond our budget, we decided to stay in a place nearby. We found Cebu Northwinds Hotel through Tripadvisor. The hotel was just a few meters away from Ayala Mall and IT Park. There were also restaurants just outside. The front desk offiicer was kind enough to allow us to checked in early to which we were thankful. We got the ambassador suit that has one single bed and one double bed. The room was big enough for an additional bed since there were four of us. The room was located on the 5th floor. It has a mini ref and the hot&cold shower was workng. There was a bathtub in the bathroom (just so you know). On the second day, we ordered filipino breakfast and toasted bread from their restaurant and I must say that those were delicious and the price were reasonable.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel very much and I'm looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank shadowcat80

Reviewed 7 November 2015

This hotel is my recommend to who has budget issue, Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms,Service is great and best of all its cheap.

This hotel is near in I.T Park where i attend the Bikerfest 2015.

Room Tip: Take the Higher Floor Front side so you can see the city view
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edman T
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Before going on our business trip, I did some reading on reviews for this place. And what I found scared me. So I was really not looking forward to staying here. But since it was the company's booking, we had no choice.

So here I am saying that they actually failed to live up to their horror reviews. We actually had a good time.

The aircon was working correctly.
The beds were comfortable and had no weird smell.
The refrigerator were functioning above par.
The cr and shower were clean. Though the hot and cold setup takes some time to configure. And the shower sometimes leaks.
The coffeeshop food was pretty average.
The staff was approachable and accomodating.
The hotel itself was pretty old but it's very accessible with a lot of convenient places just walking distance.

So all in all, it was a pretty satisfying stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Kynn M
Reviewed 4 March 2015

Disappointed at first room offered which was 305, dirty floor by bed and run down and tatty in general, corroded taps in shower/bath years beyond their service life, moldy tiles am joints an several big roaches livIng in bath drain over flow and under sink, maybe this room an floor is reserved for westerners/euros, no wifi signal either, But thanks to Erwin an a kind lady on desk Friday morning, I was moved because of the wifi issue to a choice of rooms 406 to 408 with a much cleaner room, recently polished floors and slightly betters wifi, I was happy to sit in lobby or cafe an use wifi, but the staff from then on were excellent, most were excellent,can't remeber all the names but Erwin,Patrick,ivy and all cafe staff plus the lovely Sarah in sales changed my view

Room Tip: Brique restaurant an yellow one directly opposite good, avoid grand royal spa horrible host with lon...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan6799
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great staff but over charged at the end of my stay and was NOT provided with a bill detailing charges. As a result I disputing the charges with my bank. Good location, good price. Had fleas biting me...had to change rooms often. Cheaper to book on Agoda.com than w the hotel itself. Loud bass music from nearby woke me every day !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo