All reviewsthe heart of the citycompoundbondishampoowifiamenitiessheets
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

I usually stay at Bagobo Hotel at Gov. Duterte St. because it is cheaper. More or less about P1,000.

I tried Legaspi Suites because of the wifi. Bagobo does not have wifi at the room, only at the lobby area.

Room rate for Legaspi Suite is around P1,500 to P1,800(?).

Food: there are 3 to 4 bar restaurants below the hotel. At night, the bars can be quite noisy until 12.

If wifi is a necessity, this hotel is a fair option.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Edwin C
Reviewed 4 December 2015

Legaspi Suites is part of the cove-type structure built around a spanish-style house in the middle. The ground floor are occupied by shops, cafes and diners would stay until 10pm towards the al fresco areas. The hotel lobby is in the corner as it has access to an elevator. As you enter you feel the coziness and contemporary ambiance. There is a powder room for hotel guests and the staff are very helpful.

We were booked in the family room. The AC took a while to cool after we checked in. It is spacious for 5 pax. They provided 2 twin beds, 1 single bed. There were ample seating areas, corner tables, a dresser (with mirror), dining table for 2. A mini-ref is provided if you want to cool drinks and food. There is an electric kettle with cups and saucers. There are towels, soap and shampoos provided. Hot and cold water for shower - but we had to figure out how the hot water works. The closet is huge for folded clothes and for hanging clothes. The luggage can fit inside as well. There were only 4 hangers in the closet and I guess you can request for more as you need them.

The beds are comfortable to sleep in with the basic linens duvet type, not the comforter type. On one side of the wall there must be seepage of water as the paint is starting to bubble, indication of peeling off. But this should not bother the guest. Aesthetically it is just visible. Lighting is dim. If you need it for reading, you will be disappointed. Quality of sleep is excellent. It was very quiet considering there are restaurants below.

Breakfast in included in the package but you have to go down to one of the cafes in the square. There is an option for room service but with P10 charge per plate for the delivery. The Cafe staff are very polite as well. There was one time we missed our breakfast as we rushed out so early and they offered it to us for dinner instead when we came back! We did not mind eating breakfast food for dinner :)

They provide laundry and pressing services too.

The only setback is that the bathroom, particularly the shower area has uneven floor and the water stays in the middle (not directly to the drain). I do not like taking a shower with water flooding on my feet. So I had to manually push the water with my feet into the drain every time. They also control the water supply in the morning and you have to call the front desk to turn the supply on. Very inconvenient especially if you already put shampoo on your hair and the water stops dripping.

If you have gadgets to charge, bring a flat adaptor and extension cord as well as there are only two outlets available with two provisions each. If you use all, it means you cannot watch TV and unplug the table lamps.

Internet connection shuts off when you turn of your gadget or leave the premises, meaning you need to sign in everytime you come back or turn on your unit. I found this very inconvenient as the password is also hard to remember and you need to always copy from those small pieces of paper which has the tendency to get lost.

Over all the room is always clean when we return. We felt at home and rested. We were able to work at the same time.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Aymi_a
Reviewed 22 May 2015 via mobile

Very affordable and comfy hotel. Their rooms are big, I must say. This is in the middle of the city and very close ti restos. There are bars and restos operating within the compound. Wifi connection is strong.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank PinoyExplorer
Reviewed 27 February 2015

This a small hotel (about 20 rooms) and is well managed. The staff is friendly and helpful. John, the manager, keeps everything running well. The hotel is close to Davao Doctors' Hospital (Times Square and People's Park). Breakfast and free wi fi is included in the low room rate. The hotel does not have a gym or pool but otherwise it is perfect. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

Room Tip: It is close to People's Park, which is great to see.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler89052
Reviewed 26 January 2015

I booked this hotel simply to have a place to stay at night, and this hotel was satisfactory for this purpose. I also wanted to stay in the city center to better see Davao. (However, I found that this area downtown isn't particularly a sight-seeing area,) The room was okay, with quite an attractive view out over the hotel's area from the passage going to the upper-floor rooms. You can walk to People's Park in 10 minutes from this hotel if you turn left at the street entrance or if you go right, in a block and a half you can reach San Pedro Street, a very busy street, and then if you go left up San Pedro Street you can reach city hall and the cathedral in about 15 or 20 minutes walk. My wife and I liked going to mass at this beautiful cathedral.

I found that taxi drivers don't know where the Legaspi Suites is located. Perhaps it will help if you tell the taxi driver that it is on the same street as the Apo View Hotel (which is 3 blocks up the street). When we needed to take a taxi from the hotel, the hotel personnel got one for us quickly. There are no tricycles on this street and other main city streets.

Breakfast is provided free (with a coupon from the front desk) at the Benito Cafe, which is in the same inset area from the street as the hotel. I always ordered an "American" breakfast made up of an egg, bacon, rice or toast, and a drink (though you can order more if you pay for it). It was a helpful start to the day.

There is a handy convenience store a block or so away if you turn left at the street entrance to the hotel. (My wife and I always like to get cokes etc to have in our room.)

Some restaurants in the area I recommend are right by the entrance to the People's Park, Banoks (a Davao BBQ chain) or Pidoks (which we liked much). Or you could go up San Pedro Street to Chowking or Jollibee, which are right before the cathedral. Or if you turn left, right before the cathedral, at C. Bangoy Street, you will come quickly to a very popular McDonald's and other (non-chain) restaurants.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple