New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Quezon City
“"Simple but Comfy"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This is my 4th stay at Bagobo House Hotel and wouldn’t be my last.

This is a “simple” hotel yet it provides customers the basic necessities in a hotel such as individually controlled air-condition, hot and cold shower, cable tv, closet w/ working table and a refrigerator. I know that there are newly opened hotels in Davao City with better interiors but Bagobo House Hotel has its “unique” advantages namely:

Comfortable Mattress – as attested by my superior who said that the bed is neither hard nor soft which is to his and my liking.

Location – in my honest opinion, nothing beats the location of BHH as it is a stone’s throw away from Gaisano Supermarket, a number of Fastfood chains, People’s Park (which is in front of APO View Hotel), Davao Doctors Hospital and Toryano’s Chicken House (Native Chicken at its best).

Staff – accommodating and helpful which is very important to me. I was supposed to travel by land to CDO fr. Davao during my first stay but they advised me to abandon the idea as travel time is approximately 6 hrs. so I called up ofc. & requested them to book me a flight instead.

Flexibility - one of the factors that always sway me to stay in BHH is their openness to allow me to check-in earlier and at the same time check-out beyond than the official time. Likewise, appreciate the honesty of all staff member in keeping my luggage safe & intact as I had to attend mtg. though I had already billed-out.

The following however are room for improvement that Mgmt. should look into:

Beddings – one of my beef with BHH are the “old” blankets and pillow cases that they use, which to me exudes uncleanliness.

Pillows – I maybe vain but how I wish they could provide their customers with bigger and sturdier pillows to make the sleep quality even better.

Foot Towel – I noticed that this particular “extra” was absent during my previous & last stay. Again, am kinda OC with water seeping out of the shower area and I appreciated the fact that they initially provided foot towels in my room.

Having enumerated both the pos. & neg. factors of BHH, you would be surprised that the tariff for each room is within reach of an ordinary traveler. A deluxe room only costs P1400.00, which is far more affordable than its competitors within the same area. I would definitely be back as I had already booked my overnight stay with BHH for May 08 to 09. Likewise, each room comes with free breakfast which for me is satisfactory given the price range but I would prefer that the menu be expanded.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Rooms directly in front of Duterte St. if you prefer a better sleep quality
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank decarte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Pedro, Laguna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

The staff from the reservations to the front desk were all friendly and accommodating. I asked a room beside or near my friend's who booked earlier than me and they accommodated my request. Plus, I had the luck to stay in the ground floor which was a plus since the hotel had no elevator, only stairs. So, I suggest ask for any of the rooms in the ground floor. That way, the front desk and the restaurant are only a few steps away. There was wifi also but only in the cafe area. The room my family and I stayed was clean. The location was great. McDonald's and Gaisano Illustre are a stone's throw away. I will definitely stay with Bagobo again when I visit Davao.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the ground floor so you don't have to take the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dwan_DB
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Had a great stay with my family.. Nice room, fit for the family for affordable price..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank aeirm47
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

located in the heart of davao city. the hotel is near the public market and grocery store. the room is spacious and has free wifi. the price is reasonable. the hotel food is overpriced. try eating in nearb restaurants

Room Tip: choose the rooms in the 2nd floor. no elevators here
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Sunkissedguy
COTABATO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

whenever my family have an overnyt stay in davao, we usually spend it at bagobo 'coz it only cost us more or less 1thou. it's so peaceful and relaxing to stay there. the employees are nice and friendly. the whole room and cr as well as the beddings are all clean. the tv is 29 in. we've stayed in many hotels in davao but bagobo is our first choice. affordable but with superb amenities and crews....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family