All reviews first floor few minutes walk water pressure no elevator artwork artists pointe prolific cafe mall soap
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Our niece from Antique called us at 5pm of May 3 looking for affordable accommodations in Davao City. They arrived for a National Convention of Principals to be held the next day in SMX Lanang. Thankfully I met the pretty owner of Ponce Suites just a week ago and Ponce Suites popped right out of my head as a good place for educated principals to stay. I was not disappointed with them, because they were not disappointed but indeed very delighted in coming to an accommodation that was truly a work of art! They were able to tour all the vacant rooms to see what fitted their needs. Somehow they all found the room they needed, That evening, they even joined the owner Min Ponce in the KTV bar on the first floor for some singing and happy hour, They stayed for 3 nights and even convinced other principals in the Convention to switch to Ponce Suites! Isn't that a good enough endorsement? They said that this will be their home every time they come to Davao City!

Room tip: No elevator so senior citizens have to stay on the ground floor
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Medy1950
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

I booked more than two weeks through Zen room. Art works are nice. Staff are friendly. I was a little bit disappointed, it was so nice in the picture but not in personal and they don't have vanity kit while I saw it on the picture when I booked the room.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Simply the worst from a to z
Their rooms-worst
Service- worst! They will not provide the towels and toiletries not until you ask for it
Breakfast- not included even thought we put it as part of the deal

Woooorst

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank 147reyo
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I booked through Zen Rooms, not knowing that I was getting a spt in the Ponce Gallery Hotel, after figuring that out I was delighted as I have wanted to stay at this hotel after first seeing them on the net. The drive up to the hotel at night was exciting as you approach and see the massive outdoor durian and other artworks. After checking in the walk to my rooms was equally as exciting. The quality and quantity of artwork is simply stunning. I cant say the room was that great as I booked one of the cheapest rooms. But to be honest I did not care as the value for the money was exceptional. Where else can you sleep in gallery for $18/night.

Room tip: I prefer the upper floors as it gives a bit of a view of the surrounding city
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tim D
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I got so curious about this place so I asked my boyfriend to navigate this for me and we stayed here overnight on our first day in Davao. We took a cab just to be sure
Very nice to see and feel and "live" in precious pieces of art. The environment is very peaceful. I recommend this for those who wanna try something new. They have this Kublai Café upstairs where they serve nice meals. The staff is nice too and very warm. They let us watch Miss Universe (another first for me and my boyfriend) while having breakfast. Upon checking out, the receptionist also got a cab for us. Minor flaws include AC problems.

Date of stay: January 2017