All reviews bed and breakfast home away from home san pablo tall trees swimming pool won t smaller room cheesecake photo shoot my mother in law away from the hustle and bustle movie night delicious filipino activity area green grass every corner home cooking
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Me, my fiance and his sister and bf had a double date yesterday, Valentine's day, here at Casa San Pablo.

Everything was perfect. From the time we stepped on to the entrance up to the time we saw the credits after the romantic movie, the experience was like no other. The ambience was very relaxed, thanks to lovely set-up that saw 8 couples enjoying their time together on a cold night.

For the 4 of us, it was a haven, an escape to the busy and chaotic metropolis. The service was excellent as waiters were very polite and attentive making sure our stay will be like a home away from home. That is something you won't be surprised with, as the owner himself made sure our stay will be at its best. Mr. Boots Alcantara was there himself to welcome us and even showed us their own home (which is very lovely!). The food served was worth the value of the money we paid for. I especially like the side dish of the steak and the salad! The outdoor movie experience was also a great way to cap off the lovely night we had at the place. The staff even made sure we'll be safe going home by assisting us in getting a tricycle. They sure got everything covered for you.

All in all, we recommend this place if you want to have a memorable date with your special someone. You sure will have an awesome night.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank krischit
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Suggest to include other itineraries when you visit San Pablo. Visit this place if you want to practice the art of doing nothing. The place is inarguably nice and serene. Food is great. Cards also accepted. We visited the place as a group. It's the place to relax.

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

My husband and I together with our 2 y/o son attended our friend's wedding... The wedding ceremony is at San Roque Parish just blocks away from Casa San Pablo. There is security at the gate which is good... there is swimming pool which is also a plus... the place itself (as wedding reception) is superb!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2016

The place is very nice for a wedding, but I suggest you do not stay there. They ran out of water in the rooms so the wedding party could not shower the day after. Also, I think they went overboard on the rustic-ness (or maybe I'm not artsy enough). But weird showers, pool chairs full of termites, and bring your own toiletries is not relaxing to me. It's not very handicap accessible so it's tough for elderly folks to walk around or go up their rooms. The "villa" is a large room with many beds... more like a summer camp. Some of the collected items in the rooms are interesting, but I think it's bordering on hoarding. If you ever wondered how it feels to live in a thrift store, this is the place.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank jebbyjoy
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Not a place to visit while under typhoon conditions. Pretty grounds, not much to do, quiet, good place for bonding time. They advertise Wifi but we only had it less than 10% of the time, only in common areas. Pretty pool area, nothing else really for amenities. Food was ok.

Room Tip: Choose a different place unless you want to feel like your camping. Lizards in rooms, TV did work.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family