New World Makati Hotel(Makati)
US$138
US$81
US$187
US$125
Agoda.com
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$54
The Suez Serviced Studios Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$35
Astoria Greenbelt(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$75
Priceline
All reviewsbed and breakfasthome away from homepowerplant mallfresh fruitred light districttop floorwalking distancemanilauberpesoslinenstaxis
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

I have a thing for vintage and classics. Staying in a heritage home like this is in my list. I stayed in a room good for 1 and it was clean and quiet. I had a good sleep. It has towels and toiletries. Too bad I only stayed for 1 night since I was only on a business trip. The price was very affordable for this special treat. The two ladies (staff) were very nice to wait for me by the gate until I get inside the taxi. The only thing I regret was not taking a picture of the entire house from outside. The place was instagram-worthy, the experience was homey. Two thumbs up!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I was going to give this 4 stars because as my first stay at a bed and breakfast, it was charming and the building is adorable and staff were nice. Except I didn’t realize breakfast was included in what I’d already paid, and as I was checking out, I asked how much and they charged me 200 pesos. Now I’m seeing in the reviews it was covered?? I’m pretty put off by that. The dog Sam is adorable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Juan R, Owner at La Casita Mercedes, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

HI Laily, thank you for your stay and we are happy that you liked the decor and the was made to feel welcome by the staff. sorry to hear about the confusion about the breakfast inlclusion. The property has decided to offer room only rates for some dates or selected months, for some travelers who may just need to find a place to rest for the night. This is clearly updated as an option in Booking.com's website, where you get to have the choice of booking a room only rate and a rate with breakfast. What you have booked is the room only rate. Hope this clarifies matters. thank you!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

finally had the chance to stay in la casita and im very pleased to share that i was not disappointed. i booked the single room with a balcony and stayed for 2N. guess it wasnt enough so next time im in the city, ill probably stay there again. see below what i liked best and least.

loved:
* look and decor was an a+
* jena, sol and the third lady; all 3 were very kind and helpful
* price included breakfast (yummy banana pancakes)
* they have hair dryers (just ask to borrow one)
* proximity to restaurants and bars (walking distance from the lively p.burgos street and other night spots hehe)

disliked:
* the noise coming from the street in the morning
* linens have to be updated
* shower stall is on the narrow side..might be challenging for guests who are tall
* meals outside of breakfast (this is just nitpicking...you can easily get a meal nearby)

Room Tip: rooms on the entrance side can be noisy in the mornings...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hi there! thank you for your recent stay , and your review. Id like to address some concerns that you have pointed out that we may be able to improve on: 1) The busy residential neighborhood may be a bit too much for some (especially in the morning) so we had taken steps to be able to provide for earplugs and a sound blanket to tune out some of the noise level. Just ask the staff for these the next time you are with us and they would be happy to provide these for you; 2) We have only 3 staff and they are trained to be your housekeepers, and all around helpers to assist you during your stay - however, we really do not provide any other meal aside from the breakfast as we do not have a food and beverage outlet. As you have said, there are a lot of establishments walking distance from our place where you can easily get lunch/dinner. 3) you have booked a single room with a balcony, ideal for a single traveller and the smaller rooms in the house. we do recommend you try the Queen rooms for the bigger space. Thank you and we hope you can Come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Such a relaxing and memorable experience staying at La Casita. It is a "time capsule" - stepping inside whips you back in time, where life was simpler. Staff were all friendly. Rooms are, as one previous guest said, spotless. A perfect recluse from the busy city.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

HI John Paul! Thank you for your recent stay. We are indeed a favorite for those who want to perhaps step away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The house itself exudes serenity and calmness, and our staff takes care to ensure that guests are taken cared of, as if in their own home. We are happy that you got to experience that as well. Please do see us soon again!

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful hotel with nicer staff. The girls live in and each of them are so lovely and kind. The breakfasts are delicious and the place is always immaculate.

It's in a perfect location and very safe. Stayed here twice and will definitely stay again when we return to the Philippines next year.

Thank you.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Hello Harriet! Thank you for your kind words, we are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon on your next trip to Makati.