“Location and Price”

Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Makati
Cebu City, Philippines
“Location and Price”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Best location when visiting the french embassy or places near it. It's walking distance to the embassy, and in the busy part of makati. And the price is so cheap. We only paid 2,500.00. But we do get what we paid for. The place was clean enough. The elevator was busted when we stayed there, and the room was dripping since it was raining hard outside.

Room Tip: You might want to get the rooms below
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank krkchn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in December. Given the ratings here, I feel I need to clarify a few things.

I remember two things particularly, one was the poor lighting in the old tired bathroom, made shaving almost impossible. The other was the terrace from my room facing Jupiter ave. It had not been cleaned/swept since opening day of the hotel (?). It was more of a huge ashtray than a terrace. Also the terrace/screen door and the window let all the noise from Jupiter ave easily come through.

Didn't try the breakfast, no need to do that at the hotel, plenty of choices 2 min away, including a great food court at the Pacific Star bldg on Makati ave and Gil Puyat ave., and a KFC right next door open till 10pm I believe.

The rooms are big, the cleaning and security staff very polite and helpful, but make no mistake, this is an old budget hotel in a good location. Four nights was enough.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank EliasNYC
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 26 January 2011

This is a nice hotel if your on a budget, because it's near the best location in Manila, known as Makati. Jupiter Suite is close to many bars and restaurants, and you can catch a jeepney for only 7 pesos to Green belt, where all the middle-class and high-class stores are situated. they have free computers downstairs that you can use, and the staff is friendly. The rooms are not the most modern, but they are clean, and for the price in this location, it is hard to beat. Overall, hotels in the Philippines are either very budget or very luxury, so unless you have the type of work that lets you stay at Four Seasons, this is not a bad place for the price. The worse thing is finding a cab from here during rush hour.

Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank doradokeith
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had no problems with anything but my booking (I didn't receive an email confirmation) Even without this the hotel staff was friendly and said it was no problem. I would recommend this hotel and also stayed here again the day before I departed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank canadian01991
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I decided to take a chance on the Jupiter Suites after bumping upon it by accident on the internet (I was seaching for another hotel), and I'm glad my gamble paid off.

I stayed for five nights in a spacious Deluxe room, which I considered good value for money, bearing in mind the hotel's location and general accessibility. I was on the fourth floor (the elevator only goes up to the third; you have to take the stairs up to the fourth from there). My room was clean, simple and basic, which suited my purposes as a budget traveller to a tee.

I found the Jupiter Suites to be very secure, with a security guard/usher present at the entrance 24 hours a day, and a safety deposit box in the form of a vault in the admin office accessible only by the front desk staff upon your request any time of the day or night.

As an internet junkie, there's no way I'd be able to stay in a hotel without access to the internet in my room! Most other hotels charge extra for this 'privilege', but I was thrilled to discover that each Jupiter Suite room comes with an all-inclusive 24-hour LAN internet connection, replete with ethernet cable.

Getting a bite to eat is not a problem either. Although I didn't indulge in the complimentary breakfast (I'm not a morning person!), I did check out the modest dining area on the second floor that serves a limited selection of entries each morning. The hotel is surrounded by numerous restaurants and fast food joints, and I walked on occasion to the Greenbelt, Glorietta and Park Square Malls which are about 15 minutes away (although you may not want to do so on a regular basis in the sweltering July heat!) Barring traffic, I'd get to these shopping malls within 5 minutes by taxi.

All the hotel staff -- from the usher, Mr. Russell; to the young housekeeper, Mr. Justin; to the front desk personnel Ms. Cris and Mr. Henry -- were very courteous and accommodating. I was even allowed to check-in and check-out several hours before their official times of 2pm and 12 noon respectively at no additional charge. But the star of the show in my opinion, had to be the always cheerful head of housekeeping, Mr. Robert, who went as far as changing an entire bed for me (I found the mattress of the bed in my room too soft for my taste). He also provided me with plates, cutlery and extra drinking glasses from the hotel restaurant for me to eat the food I brought in from the outside.

If I were hold a grudge against the Jupiter Suites, it would be the faintly aged state of my room (I don't know if this applies to all the rooms) and some slightly grubby/dysfunctional/patched-up fixtures within it, eg, curtains, lightshades, TV remote control unit, bed and mattress, wardrobe hinges and the accumulation of dust on the windows and aircon unit outside. The poor illumination in the bathroom also made shaving for me a tad cumbersome and more of a chore than needed to be.

All in all, I found the Jupiter Suites to be clean, spacious, conveniently located, accommodating and relatively quiet (considering it's practically at the intersection of two very busy Makati roads). The hotel does not pretend to be something it isn't, and you pretty much get what you pay for.

Would I stay at the Jupiter Suites on my next trip to Manila? In a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple