“Very bad hotel ”

Makati Palace Hotel
Ranked #72 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very bad... location near consolare but too many restaurant or bar only for escort and bad peoples... the staff in hotel is not professional... everytime ask money to clean, to change something.
The wifi not working!!!!

Absolutely don't raccomandation!!!

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I spent 2month in oct12to nov12 there i missed my flight and my airline paid me the deluxe suite n tru a earinfection i wasnt aible to fly out to sidney i still smell the cleaner they used for the lobby and since i live here i can see it from my rooms.i went shortly to sidney and was back new years eve 2013 we had a lower room n just 1queensizedbed n the hot water stopped after a while so they moved us to a room viewieng avenuemall n there i felt the urge to sit on the window even it was no balcony something pointed me there to sit n my partner a local became scared i kill him n he dont had to sleep.anyways a few ppl comited suicide or died accidently there and the spirits are still there the chopped off woman in a garbagebag in the elevator or the guy that jumped off the 10.floor bcuz he found out his pinay wife was a man or the one on top off the builduing.its a old hotel with alot stories n its a castle with untold stories that scream to those that can hear them a part of me i belive is still there bcuz im not aible to left makati eversince even i avoid burgos but thats my morning view n sunset my castle with the queens n kings that moved out but still appear time by time

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

one of my friend recommend me to stay Makati palace hotel i red review on TripAdvisor i was not so happy anyway i walked in i stay there from August 2nd till Augst 06th i was staying in room number 2005 I was offered very affordable rates by Mr Jann a very professional receptionist please convey my thanks to him.
hotel staff is very friendly door man always smiling and very help full, It was my 1st time in makati and im glad i choose this hotel location is so perfect everything is just step away rooms are clean.
i recommend everyone those people are planing to stay in makati simply its a very affordable hotel at perfect location.

only Wifi service they need to improve wifi connection is very slow every time have to call operator to reset it.
Thanks everyone there
hope to see you soon again

best regards
Ahmad Raja

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Wow where so I begin........

I checked in on Saturday 22nd July and checked out on the Saturday 22nd July - thats right I checked out on the same day I checked in.

Have you seen the television sidcom Fawlty Towers?? Well the hotel in Fawlty Towers is 6 star when it comes to customer service compared to Makati Palce.

Now let me share with with you my experience........

I checked in and requested a non smoking room but was told that would be an extra 1,000 pesos. I was then asked for a 2,000 peso deposit which is standard practice for hotels in Manila (Ill come back to this point).

Upon checking into my room it smelt terrible - I am a non smoker. I then went to have a hot shower and after running the water for 10mins there was still no hot water. I then went to get a cold drink from the mini bar - but there was no drinks in the mini bar you needed to ring reception.

I then thought I would order some room service and guess what ? No menu. I had to ring reception who said they would bring one up. Two phone calls later after 20mins had passed I finally got the room service menu. To say it was a disappointment would be an understatement.

As my room started to heat up and resemble a sauna I asked for someone to come and check the air conditioner. Two phone calls later and no response I had had enough and decided to check out.

Now this is the best part of the story so readers make sure you sit down!

I go to checkout and ask for my deposit back. I have a room service bill for two drinks which I ask to be deducted from deposit. I am told they have no smaller change and the concierge will need to go to the shop to get smaller notes. I explain I am in a rush and have a driver waiting so I would appreciate it if they can be quick. The concierge comes back and says he cant find a shop with smaller notes. To speed the process up I say use my credit card.

After processing the credit card payment (mind you 15 mins has gone by now) I am told I am right to go. No apologies for the room, lack of air con, no hot water and how long the whole checkout process took. In the taxi leaving I realise despite everything I did not get my deposit back!!!!

I then contact the hotel who say yes we have it, still no apology, and you can come back and get it. Problem is I have booked a flight to cebu ( i brought my trip forward one day after my experience at this hotel) and am on my way to the airport. Rather then let the hotel reservation supervisor keep the deposit i let them know my taxi driver will come back and get it for me and he will give back to me when I return to Makati in September. He did get the deposit back, then disappeared of the grid which is to be expected.

So my taxi ride to the airport ended up costing me 2,200 peso - most expensive taxi in manila.

What amazed me the most, is despite everything there was no apology. The reservation supervisor needs to be given more training in customer service and told to smile more - afterall it's free and can make a big impression on guests!

Now for my tip - and i encourage you all to take it on board.

Across the road from Makati Palace is the Best Western Oxford. Similar price, mini bar, room service menu, good customer service, air conditioning and hot water. They also give you back your deposit on checkout - my recommendation stay there!

Now like to think I am a fair person, so I would like to lay down a challenge to hotel management to rectify the above. I am prepared to come back and stay again and give it a second chance providing some kind of apology is offered and an assurance the above was a one off. I think that's fair and if this happens, and indeed the service improves, I will be prepared to update my trip advisor review.

That all said, I wont be holding my breath for a response.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mathew R
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I went on a stay here in the past week due to the celebration of the debut of someone close to me. The hotel's facilities and food we're so-so. It was pretty average, and not that noteworthy, except for one elevator that was problematic. I was stuck whilst using such, and it proved to be a nuisance to fellow guests. It was utterly disappointing that the administration did not put any sort of warning or barrier to inform the guests.

However, the room I stayed in had some glow into it, since I've had the novelty of not staying in a hotel for more than two years. It felt rather refreshing when I had seen such a nicely made bed, a rare sight for me in the comfort for my home.

Also, I'm happy that the hotel offers fast and free hotel-wide wifi amidst its' mediocrity!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family