Free cancellation until 28/07
US$30
US$28
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
City Garden Hotel Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$70
US$120
US$81
US$92
US$71
Agoda.com
The Suez Serviced Studios Makati(Makati)(Great Value!)
US$43
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$37
US$155
US$145
All reviewscubanoenjoyed my staybreakfast buffetgreen belternestbanksglorietta
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I went on a stay here in the past week due to the celebration of the debut of someone close to me. The hotel's facilities and food we're so-so. It was pretty average, and not that noteworthy, except for one elevator that was problematic. I was stuck whilst using such, and it proved to be a nuisance to fellow guests. It was utterly disappointing that the administration did not put any sort of warning or barrier to inform the guests.

However, the room I stayed in had some glow into it, since I've had the novelty of not staying in a hotel for more than two years. It felt rather refreshing when I had seen such a nicely made bed, a rare sight for me in the comfort for my home.

Also, I'm happy that the hotel offers fast and free hotel-wide wifi amidst its' mediocrity!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

So I read many of these reviews before my business visit to Makati and therefore my expectation was not so high but nonetheless my office set my travel arrangements up for me for this hotel.

I just returned a few days ago, sufficient time to provide a balanced and objective review of this hotel. Actually spent 16 days in Makati and so the whole time I called this hotel my home.

Had an upgraded non-smoking room on the 6th floor. Room was located at the corner and so if I opened the window I could look down on Burgos Street action, if you can call it that. The cost was 3,200 pesos and with the promotion breakfast included.

Let me get the obvious white elephant out of the way - yes Burgos street and hence the hotel sits at the center of the area with neighboring girl bars and street activity at night, so if your the self righteous type and closed minded/shielded to real life this may not be the hotel for you. The doormen do a great job checking outside "guests" into the hotel quietly and securely insuring a good safe hotel for everyone.

The room was clean and must give a shout out to the cleaning lad who serviced my room daily, took directions and instructions well and listened to my comments what I needed and when I wanted the room cleaned and so forth. Very pleased with the room service.

Only downside, but let me remind everyone that the hotel is in the Philippines which is located in a sub-tropical climate, is that yes I found 3 roaches in my room over the course of 16 days. Lets keep this real, welcome to the tropics.

The breakfast buffet is good and the staff service, always with a smile and great attitude to service you, made up for any perceived lack of choices at the buffet.

Know that wifi is spotty at best. I did have the hotels IT guy come to my room and check it out a few times but ended up relying on my Verizon hot spot from my cell phone.

The pool at the top floor is nice and clean, not used often so not so many people but a great way to relax and cool down during the day. I did check out the exercise room and although nice enough did not use it but rather took a few early morning 2 hour power walks through the city.

The front desk staff were very accommodating for all of my needs both at check in and check out. The Cafe Cubana across the street served good food and a nice place to have a cold beer and relax with people watching as it can get very interesting after sunset.

I give 4 stars only because the hotel could use some updating but I found that the attitude of the hotel staff and associated hotel doormen and kitchen/dining room attendants deserve a 5 star.

With all the above being said I would recommend the hotel and yes I will return and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Location is the middle of makatis red light area. It has all the modern conveniences . service is ok. The main dining area it's clean with a buffet breakfast included and the staff seem to know how to deal with discretion easily and with a smile.cafe bar expensive much better places outside the front door.its $70/100us .this area has the bars discos guys n gals etc

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2017

probably the worst hotel i ever stay !! no way I will go back to that hotel ! not the best location for families or business trips !! i got the most shocking experience of my life !! go away from there !! very dirt and full of bugs !!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I was invited by a friend to visit the place.

The bellman didn't bother to help us. When we asked the front desk for a bellman, they just pointed where they are. As if they want us to call the bellman by ourselves. We decided to carry our own bags.

When we reached the room, it's kinna outdated. Maybe it looks nice 20years ago. We found cockroaches in the kitchen and bathrooms.

The only thing I like is the view at night time, but it's in Makati, that's why the only thing you'll see at night are lights from the vehicles trapped in the traffic :)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends