2,947 results
All reviewshorizon clubshang palacelobby loungebreakfast buffethealth clubbusiness tripexcellent hotelbusiness districtrooms are spaciousbusiness hotelfive star hotelgreen beltmakati areaglorietta mallmangocirclesage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The service is impeccable and all requests are dealt with efficiently and with a smile!
The extra touches in the room are amazing! Breakfast choices are great ..
We will be back again soon with family.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear DanishAmerican1975,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your family staycation with us. I am glad that our hotel facilities and services suited you and your family well. I truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with my team. It is our pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went on a month-long "no rice" diet in line with the Lenten Season and you can just imagine how hard that is for a Pinoy like me. Thinking of where we would break our rice fast come April 1, we decided to try out Makati Shangri-La whose Sinigang sa Miso my wife has been raving out for months now. She usually eats that, together with the adobo, whenever the reception for their wedding events take place in Makati Shang.

I was not disappointed. The chefs there get Filipino food and I'm so glad that for an international hotel, they have top-notch Filipino dishes in their menu. I wish each visitor would get to try eat! The salmon was cooked nicely, the broth was divine. Perfect way to start your day. For the longest time, I've been trying to get the consistency of my adobo sauce to be the same as that of Shang's. Maybe a few more sessions in the kitchen and I'll be able to master it. But for now, I'll rest on the fact that I can just trek to Makati Shang and get my fill of these amazing comfort food!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nico,

Thank you for your excellent and detailed review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. It is our pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were there during the Chinese New Year craze. If they could twice try to sell me membership and upgrade while I was checking in, guests should be informed too about the big line up at breakfast, at the least.

By 8:40, we started queuing up to get to the reservation desk. It took 30 minutes, and we would have lined up another half an hour to be seated. We instead took the recommendation to eat at Sage. However, 20 minutes after giving our orders, not even our coffee were served. We were given two sets of utensils for three persons. We checked out of the hotel without any breakfast.

The room was clean. It was a delight to come to the room with the extra bed ready, all prepared and done while we were checking in. Beds and pillows were comfortable. The room could use an upgrade though. I could hear the people in the hallway.

All in all, Shangri-la is a busy hotel because of its good reputation. I'll try other similarly-priced hotels in the neighborhood though. Maybe they have a bigger restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank artemis513
Alain B, General Manager at Makati Shangri-La Manila, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear artemis513,

Thank you for sharing your experience during the Chinese New Year at Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I’m glad that you enjoyed our room, beds and pillows during your stay. I sincerely apologize about the long line at the breakfast buffet and your dining experience at Sage. I have discussed these issues internally so we can further improve our services to our valued guests like you. I hope there will be other opportunities to visit us in the future and allow us to regain your confidence in Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed only one night but we were thoroughly impressed by this wonderful hotel. Extremely well appointed rooms, very helpful staff and one of the best breakfast buffets ever! We will surely be back for a longer stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear marcgauer,

Thank you for your excellent review during your stay at Makati Shangri-La, Manila. I am glad that our hotel facilities, services and breakfast buffet suited you and your family well. I truly appreciate your kind words and will definitely share your commendations with my team. This is an affirmation and encouragement for us to continue in giving our best service to you, our valued guest. It is our pleasure to have you and I look forward to welcome you again at Makati Shangri-La, Manila.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

It is with great sadness that I write this review. Hitherto this has been my “go to” place in Manila since the Intercontinental was demolished. I will never have the affection for this place that I had for the Intercon but for a time it was home.

Unfortunately I can no longer stay here.

I have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease and as a result I have to be very careful about what I eat.

At a property of this standing - from one of the leading global hotel brands - I would expect that I could eat safely after alerting staff to my dietary restrictions. Unfortunately that is not the case.

I went for dinner in their premier venue - the Sage steakhouse - as generally steakhouses are a safe bet for celiacs. I was therefore delighted to see that the menu included information about allergens for each dish. As far as my allergy goes, the menu specifically identifies those items that are Gluten Free.

Gentle reader - do not believe it.

When I ordered, I was told by the restaurant manager that a number of the items identified as GF were not, in fact, GF.

While I appreciate his honesty, it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence and after that I didn’t feel comfortable eating anything there.

In summary, I wasted my time and my money.

If you have dietary issues, don’t go.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business