“Don't stay here”

Eurotel Makati Hotel
Ranked #75 of 86 Hotels in Makati
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The first problem was that even though I had arranged for airport pick up at 11:30 pm, no one showed up. So we had to take a taxi and got ripped off(We paid 700 pesos for what we found out later should have been a 150 peso ride). As seasoned travellers we should have paid more attention to the fact that he hadn't turned on the meter but it was late and we were tired. The sign at reception said that they had reduced rates if you only stayed for 12 hours and we were only going to stay for about 9 hours. The receptionist told me that you could only get the 12 hour rate if you didn't make a reservation. The room was small and damp. The AC unit made alot of noise and the bed was very uncomfortable. I suppose I should have known something was amiss when the sign next to reception stated 'Please leave your weapons at reception for safekeeping.' The staff were slow and unfriendly. I didn't have a chance to find out if the location was good or not. But I am certain there are better hotels in this areas.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank shrimpchip

Reviewed 8 December 2011

The location is very accessible to various public transportation. Parking is available but limited and small. Security is ok. Front desk staff speaks English. Lobby is small but comfortable, not so elegant. The room is small, the bed is hard and the toilet is small. If the purpose is for business in the morning and just stay for overnight sleep, the hotel is acceptable. Breakfast buffet is tasty but very limited.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Kidlat53
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Their first screw up was not being at the airport, after arriving at 4:30 am, to meet with us and transfer us to the hotel, as arranged with the hotel manager. I texted the manager, no response. I called the hotel and was told that they were unaware of my pick up arrangement. Off we went and arrange for a different transportation, and was able to evade the rip-off attempt by the person who arranged for our ride, but this is another story. The second screw up was that our name was missing on their reservation, even though I emailed the manager several times, and was confirmed by her, prior to the trip. Good thing that they had a room available for that time. However, as the other reviews indicated, the room was cramped, and the bed, barely covered by its sheet, was hard. And when I was about to hang my clothes, lo and behold, the closet seemed to have been made for a person who is 6'5" to 7' tall! Yes, breakfast buffet was included but you're out of luck if you came in after 9am. The juices were gone and they did not bother refilling it! There were 2 men assigned at the buffet during my stay and they were the perfect example of inefficiency; it took them forever to refill any breakfast items that ran out! This place is ridiculously bad that it became somewhat comical, good thing that we were there for only about 6 hours.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tess
Reviewed 14 November 2011

the website photos only show the fancy reception area...the rooms are very cramped..the standard rooms...also the location is below aflyover ..one way ..so to reach via cab..its a 20 minute diversion BIG PAIN...not a great choice..especially if you plan to stay long..1 day is ok..as a city stopover....the reception staff was also quite tough ...waiting time way too much

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank earth69
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Spent 3 days here recently, the whole time the internet was down. Considering they advertise free wifi at the top of the list of benefits, this was a problem. Even their wired point in the lobby was down. The staff just always say its being fixed, it will be fixed today etc, but no, it wasn't, so I guess this was just the cover story to keep us all hoping. In central Makati there is no reason for not getting it fixed quickly, it is really not good enough. For a hotel catering to business people this is a massive problem. I constantly had to go out of the hotel just to get online, as a foreigner I don't really like running between the traffic, hustlers and beggars every time I need to use the web. Apart from that, the breakfast is awful and the service is truly terrible. Eurotel - get a manager, wake the staff up. You have a good facility and a good location, get it fixed or we won't be coming back.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms stink of cigarettes - DO NOT ACCEPT such a room.